Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mark Henry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mate914
I am looking for info on Mark Henry. He was a guru here for some time. I sent him some 2.7S heads for reconditioning in 2021. I heard from him on and off over the years. I was being patient with him on time frame. It has been well over a year since I have heard from him. I now don't care it they are done or not. Please just send them back.
If anyone has any info on his where about or a way to contact him? Please let me know.
Matt
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=26

Last active here in August of last year
popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
Someone had a similar post about Mark a year or so ago. Even though he has a home based machine shop, he doesn't post an address, email or phone number on the internet. I've checked posts on the samba and pelican and there's nothing besides port hope, Ontario.

He posted this in 2015 - I'm east of the GTA the other side of the 115 from Mosport, google "Brimacombe ski hill" and I'm about 5 minutes away .

And very few postings on other sites in the last couple years.
bdstone914
@mate914

You can email him thru this site.
zig-n-zag
I sent you a PM.
mate914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 18 2024, 11:05 PM) *

@mate914

You can email him thru this site.

I have tried many many times.
The only thing I have not tried was to snail mail a letter to his last known address.

It would be nice if a fellow 914 world member who lives close to him can make a quick safety check. He might be dead for all I know...

Matt
mate914
QUOTE(zig-n-zag @ Apr 19 2024, 02:26 AM) *

I sent you a PM.

Thank you
mb911
There was a recent FB post about him where someone had some less than ideal experience with him but that was his side of the story and there are always 2 sides. That said I hate to say it but those heads are likely gone as 3 years is a long time to have heads and not contact the owner. Ugh hate to see that stuff happen as Mark was a very active member and good advice typically.
Superhawk996
Found in Rennlist old post from 2017. No guarantee it’s from the internet after all. Good luck in your quest.

Click to view attachment

cholland_
He is active on Facebook. He posted several for sale ads for parts to the "Ontario VW Aircooled Swappers" group yesterday.
mepstein
Mark’s a good guy but I hate when people ignore people. I’d rather take the hit today than have it hang over my head tomorrow.
930cabman
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2024, 09:34 AM) *

Mark’s a good guy but I hate when people ignore people. I’d rather take the hit today than have it hang over my head tomorrow.

Always a good policy
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 19 2024, 02:34 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2024, 09:34 AM) *

Always a good policy

I sometimes don't answer the first inquiry if I don't have any good answers, but I try not to ignore the second inquiry.
Qmodo914
Interesting, he just answered a post of mine as I am looking for someone to repair/replace a jack point in the Toronto area.
This was on Facebook Porsche 914 Canada site.
Now I'm concerned about his lead for that job who is also in the same area that he lives in.

mate914
QUOTE(Qmodo914 @ May 10 2024, 12:57 PM) *

Interesting, he just answered a post of mine as I am looking for someone to repair/replace a jack point in the Toronto area.
Now I'm concerned about his lead for that job who is also in the same area that he lives in.

Don't, He is not a good person. He will not reply to my e-mails. I will not drag his name through the mud just yet.... I have $650 into the heads. He can pay me back or send the heads back. I have the paper work for shipping the heads to him incase there is any doubt. Its a sad day when fellow 914 owners screw one another.....
Matt flag.gif
73-914
QUOTE(mate914 @ May 11 2024, 07:43 AM) *

Don't, He is not a good person. He will not reply to my e-mails. I will not drag his name through the mud just yet.... I have $650 into the heads. He can pay me back or send the heads back. I have the paper work for shipping the heads to him incase there is any doubt. Its a sad day when fellow 914 owners screw one another.....
Matt flag.gif

agree.gif You could take a road trip to his shop driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Craigers17
I've never understood not responding to your customers, especially when you have their merchandise. I run a small business, and I reply to all my customers within a few hours, usually a few minutes. You can't always resolve an issue "same day", but you can at least text, email, or call them in order to communicate /listen to the issue at hand and let them know that you: A. Give a shit and B. Have some sort of timeline and resolution for them. Also, when I am the customer, I often ask about timeline and if the prospective shop, trade, whatever even wants to do the job. I'd rather someone tell me up front that they don't have the time, resources, interest, skills set, whatever, to complete the task instead of taking the job and either doing a crappy job or stringing it out indefinitely.

One of the strangest things about this whole post is that Mark Henry used to post here, rather informatively IMHO, almost daily, and now he hasn't even logged into the site in almost a year????

I hope you get this resolved.
930cabman
QUOTE(mate914 @ May 11 2024, 05:43 AM) *

Matt flag.gif

I would not be happy, as Mark has said earlier it's easier (less painful) to confront the issue straight on. At the very minimum I would want my stuff returned
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ May 11 2024, 10:11 AM) *

One of the strangest things about this whole post is that Mark Henry used to post here, rather informatively IMHO, almost daily, and now he hasn't even logged into the site in almost a year????

I hope you get this resolved.

agree.gif

Sometimes you do have to fire a bad customer...Not implying Mate is a bad customer by any stretch of the imagination.

But even if he was, his property still needs to be returned to him.
mate914
Mark has contacted me. He said he is going to send heads back this week.
Who ever it was that reached out to him, I thank you.

Matt
Cairo94507
Mark has always been a good guy and contributing member. Glad he reached out to you. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
cheer.gif

Glad for a positive outcome.
Montreal914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 12 2024, 08:22 AM) *

Mark has always been a good guy and contributing member. Glad he reached out to you. beerchug.gif

Agreed! Sad he isn't hanging out here anymore...
rhodyguy
Weird. I think he was around in the ‘Club’ days. Facebook 914 stuff can be scary expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.