Club iD, Name State Year
1. 914GT, Guy AZ 74 Chrome Yellow 357 V8, Dedenbear w/p
2. LvSteveH, Steve, NV 73 V8 tube frame, Ron Davis
3. Boxstr, Craig OR 75 V8 305, destroked 327 Holley Proj FI
4. Bruce Hinds, Bruce WA 75 914 V8 since 1985
5. Wilhelm, Wilhelm OR 327 V8 930 trans Sheridan/959 body
6. JEM, Jerry OR 73 327 V8 , Hilborn EFI
7. LS6/914, Larry WA LS6 V8
8. vipergman, Gary WA 72 327 V8, 4 spd 901, Chalon kit
9. pffft, Patrick, CA 327 V8 930 trans, formerly Lapuwali
10. wallys914, Chris, CA 72 5.7L V8
11. kgb, UT (Blank for next V8 project to replace sold V8 914)
12. smrz914, Paul CA 72 5.8 V8
13. Kyan, Kyan CA 73 350 V8 Fast Burn ZZ4+
14. nocones, Michael CA 74 V8 ZZ3, 915 Quaiffe LSD, HPH flares, 911 susp
15. joefri187, Joe CA V8, Type II axles
16. nick mironov, Nick CA 75 283 V8 Renegade
17. MikeP, Mike CA V8 475hp Brodix, 930 trans, Fiske
18. ?, ?, ? 74 cage, A.I.R. body -formerly owned by ChrisJulian
19. Cali914, Harry CA 350 V8 500hp, Pantera ZF trans, cage, wide flares
20. Mar7ck, Mark CA 350 V8 , 915, Beachboys Racing SpeedsterME body
21. dkjens, CA 73 914 with a 283
22. Wgfp, Larry CA Renegade’s “Peal”. now black
23. RUDEPEST, Keith CA 73 V8 450hp
24. jridder, Jonathan CA V8 , Holley EFI
25. chunger, Pei CA 73 350 V8 , Holley MPFI, and 930 trans
26. seanf123, Sean CA 73 V8 350
27. sj914, Remil CA 74 V8, 915
28. Buelteman, Robert CA 71 V8, 930 trans
29. Jmmotorsports, Jerry, WA 73 914 V8
30. Dr. Roger, Roger CA 350 V8 400hp, Sheridan flares, 901 tall gear
31. Tesserra, George CA 74 V8 Renegade, 930, Holley Projection 2d
32. reedhmb, Mark CA 71 V8, Better Bodies Kit
33. cobra94563 Chris CA 74 V8 283
34. Andyrew, Andrew CA 350 V8, FI, HPH flares
35. scott914poor, Scott CA V8
36. bondo, Royce CA LT1 V8
37. jb 914, Joe CA 72 V8 327 PKRMONY
38. TC 914-8, Tony, WA 76 914 350 416hp V8 w/916, sunflower yellow, Rod simpson
39. andys, Andy CA V8 LS1 Getrag transmission, custom trailing arms
40. Skline, Scott CA 74 Chalon 5.0 283 V8
41. tyler, Tyler CA V8 Simpson, body kit
42. ewdysar, Eric CA 75 327 V8 Renegade
43. type47fan, Wayne CA 76 V8 , smog compliant
44. mrihop, Ian CA 74 V8 5.7
45. Sean V8 914, Sean CA V8, Rayco
46. aufaber, Aaron CA V8 Renegade
47. V6914, CA V8 302, looking for a 914
48. drive-ability, John CA V8 350 400hp Renegade 930 trans, FI
49. Terryst1, Terry CA V8 383 500hp, 930 trans, race wing, rollcage, big Willwood brakes
50. 914-8, Brian CA 74 350 V8, 915 trans, factory steel GT flares
51. lybones, Tom CA 73 GT-V8
52. itsav8, CA 914V8
53. avendlerdp, Alex CA V8 computers4kids
54. computers4kids, Mark CA 75 305 V8
56. byndbad914, Tim CO V8 350 525hp, flipped 930, tube frame, Sheridan body
57. ravidad, David CO 71 305 V8
58. germaneighter, OK 73 V8
55. wes42, Wes TX, V8 Red Dawg body, Inglese
59. dlee1967, David TX 72 350 V8
60. dlee1967, David TX 72 75 305
61. DougC, Doug TX 73 V8
62. dakotaewing, Thom TX DZ302 V8 , GT bodied
63. 914junkie, WA 73 Renegade 350 V8/901 Sheridan Body
64. Bigbohr, Johan TX 74 V8, LS1
65. turbo914v8, Paul CAN 1000hp Twin Turbo V8, Electromotive
66. ajracer, Allan CAN 74 LT1 V8 , Boxster 5 speed
67. GWN7, Bruce CAN 73 327 V8
68. riverman, Doug CAN 73 V8
69. 914gt40, Joe CAN V8
70. Dinobx, CAN V8
71. aircooledboy, Chris IL 73 V8 Renegade, previously John2kx’s
72. 914ltd Brad IL V8
73. PorschePony, Ed OH V8?
74. marks914, Mark MI 72 914 5.0L V8 tall gear 901, Desert Hybrids
75. Nickm1, Nick MI 75 305 V8 TPI, Dedenbear w/p
76. rich brennick, Rick MI 70 283 V8 , trophy winner
77. 1bad914, Randy MI 73 327-300 V8
78. elocke, Ed MA 74 283 V8
79. Jaiden PA V8 in progress
80. Mike T, Mike PA V8 autocross
81. efeinsmith, V8 Renegade
82. dwillouby, David KY 76 355 V8
83. BIGKAT_83, Bob GA V8
84. BIGKAT_83, Bob GA LS1 V8
85. Scottg914, Scott SC 76 350 V8 Rayco kit
86. hargrave, Daniel SC 71 350 V8 , LONG time to completion J
87. sandman, SC 72 V8
88. efeinsmith Eric AL V8 Renegade kit bought in 2000
89. John G, John AL V8
90. v82go, Bob FL 74 V8 Corvette
91. Pompano Beach 914V8, FL V8
92. Rider914, Jay FL 72 V8 Reddawg body kit
93. army dude, Ian FL V8
94. JZH, John UK 73 V8
95. MrPitbull, Sweden V8
96. nukepipe, Puerto Rico V8
97. porsha916, Bill WA 73 V8 215 aluminum
98. JRust, Bill OR 70 V8 215 aluminum
99. michaelt55, Michael OR 72 V8 215 aluminum
100. Phoenix-MN, Paul MN 71 GM 3.8L V6
101. Brent, Brent CA 74 GM 3.8L V6
102. dmenche, Dave CA GM 3.8L V6
103. jsarge, Jeff CA 75 GM 3.8L V6
104. Mamacita, Stacie AL 73 GM 3.8L V6, previously Ryan “notyers”
105. dbledsoe, Don ID 75 GM 3.8L V6
106. dbledsoe, Don ID 76 GM 4.1L V6
107. pjhaun, Phillip WA 74 GM 3.8L V6
108. SteveSr, Steve IN 71 GM 3.1L V6
109. A400Hurdler, Joel CA 73 GM 3.8L V6, Buick FI
110. tronporsche, Belton CA 73 GM 3.8L V6
111. Rascobo, OR 73 GM 4.3L V6 wide body
112. BMITCHELL, Bob CA GM V6, Chalon, H gear, 5 bolt, 911T front rascobo
113. Sean_S, Sean OR Ford 5.0 V8, custom body
114. Brett W, Brett AL Lexus OHC V8
115. rick 918 – S, Rick MN 72 Porsche 928 4.7L V8 16 valve 300HP ’80 Euro spec "S"
116. Otmar, Otmar CA 74 two 8" Advanced DC motors, Zilla cntrllr
117. sgomes, Shannon CA 73 Electric 120Volts, a Zilla cntrllr
118. stwspoon, Stan CA 75 9" Advanced DC motor, 114V w/Curtis cntrllr
114. Fiid, Fiid CA 73 Subaru 2.2 Twin Turbo, Megasquirt
115. jon watts, Jon CA Subaru EJ20-TTw/901
116. Porscharu, Steve CA Subaru EJ25, SDS,
117. Carreraguy, Tom CA 74 Subaru Renegade
118. CrazyHippy BJ CA Subaru Renegade
119. 914helo, Kent CA 73 Subaru 3.3L SVX
120. scotty914, Scott MD Subaru 2.5L one of first running!
121. mongrel-gs, Evan MD Subaru 2.5L EJ25
122. firstknight, CT Subaru EJ20T turbo
123. Hydra, Nick 70 Subaru 2.0L
124. banksyinoz, AUS Subaru WRX, auto 4sp
125. jsteel22, CO Subaru EJ25, Suby trans
126. WRX914, Keith NV 73 Subaru WRX turbo, Renegade
127. plymouth37, Dana NV 73 Subaru 2.0L turbo WRX, Renegade, “Anklebiter”
128. guiltless, Chris CA Subaru 2.0L EJ20T
129. TonyAKAVW, Tony CA 74 Subaru EJ25 2.5L RS
130. d914, Greg GA 74 Subaru 2.0L turbo w/Sub tranny
131. jimkelly, Jim VA 72 GM V8 305
132. Amenson, Scott MI 73 Subaru STi 2.5L turbo “PorSTi”
133. 914forme, Stephen OH Subaru XT 1.8L turbo, tranny
134. mrdezyne, Curt, OK 73 Subaru EJ25
135. EJ20Tim, Tim FL Subaru EJ20T turbo, 901, MS
136. atsealevel914, Obi FL Subaru EJ33
137. nsyr, Andrew FL 72 Subaru 2.0L turbo w/Subu tranny, MS II v3
138. VOX James / Jlo914 Daniel, 74 Subaru EJ22
139. Zaney, Nate WA Silver 1974 Suby 2.5L & 5-speed
140. Porcharu, Steve, Subaru, custom axle adapters
141. DBCooper, Paul TX Subaru WRX
142. fat73 aka W9R1, Ed 73 custom body
143. Pankopp Pankopp GA 2.2 liter Subaru Legacy motor
144. TwinTurbo914, Donny CA Subaru EZ30R 3.0L Suby trans
145. ldscamaross, Andy UT Subaru
146. Strawman, Geoff CA 73 2.2L Suby 5 speed 1974 1.8
147. malaga_red75 Peter CA barely street legal N/A 2.5 subaru
148. Carlitos Way Carlitos CA EJ25 Renegade 72
149. BIGKAT_83, Bob soon to be 6cyl 3.3l subaru powered
150. thaddy George Germany Subaru 2.0L
151. Westgl Westgl OR Subaru 2.5L
152. budman5201, AZ 73 Subaru
153. Chris914n6, Chris NV 75 Nissan 3.0L V6
154. 9143.2vtec, Russel AZ 72 Honda 3.2 vtec, 901
155. Silverbullet, Jason CA Porsche 3.2L Boxster S, 6 speed
156. Darren, Darren CA Porsche 3.2L Boxster S, 5 speed
157. roadster fan, Jim CA 73 Porsche Boxster
158. okieflyr Kevin PA VW 1.8T I4/Passat trans
159. neo914-6, Felix CA 74 Audi 2.7L V6 twin turbo Boxster 5 speed
160. 914 1.8t, Sonu CA Audi 2.7L V6 twin turbo
161. Hydra., Omar Lebanon Audi 3.6L V8 w/016 trans
162. paroxysm, CAN VW G-60 lyshom 202hp
163. Bill D Bill NC 73 VW 1.9D
164. 72914S, Barry FL 72 Ford V6
165. cobra914, Colin CAN 74 Ford 3.0L V6 SHO 74-914 White -
166. 3d914, Gerard, AZ 74 914 White SHO 3.2 V6
167. RJMII, Jim, Wyoming, 76, 2.5l Mitsubishi V6, w/turbo, Ford EDIS-6, MS-II
168. 914turboford, Brian CA 73 Ford 2.3L turbo EFI, transverse mount
169. toddsporsche, Todd CA Ford 2.8L V6
170. EagleGT Clay TX Rotary, New Dino body, plans for Northstar
171. rotary ’14, Robert CA 74 13B 1.3L Rotary
172. porsche913b sp,Ted CA 74 13B Rotary
173. bret, Bret HA 13B Rotary
174. soloracer, CAN 73 Twin Turbo 3 Rotor Rotary
175. dbcorvairracer, Derrick CA 76 2.7L F6 Corvair
176. 914Timo, Tim FIN 71, Renault UN1 to 3.0 six
177. abc914, Alan NY 71, Boxster S to 3.2 six
Hoe did the alien make that list
Mine doesn't have a porsche engine. then again it doesn't have an engine in it at all.
But it will
Cool. And I'm even number one on the list!
Who owns the BB 427 hill-climber now?
Put me down for 2. I've got a running SBC car and I'm working on the LS1 car.
Its been 4 years but I am still working on a SBC DZ302 GT bodied car...
I am not sure if he is a club member or not, Sean914V8 is on the PP board, he has one also. He bought it out at D&G last spring. Ugly as hell but really strong and fast with modified gearbox and all.
It does my heart good to be on that list.
Didn't someone do a Ford 4 cylinder before?
hello... you forgot me, i know i just started posting not to long ago. and i might no even count but my suby 2.5 is in the car hanging on a rope but it is in the car
You can add me to the list;
Paul '71, Buick 3.8L V6
I'm not sure where I fit.... I guess I'm in the conversion group alright... But not the non Porsche type. I'm glad to be anywhere I can fit in though.
You can add me to the list, too:
'74 teener with 327 V8
phil haun. buick 6?
I really like the idea of the (buick?) V6. Perhaps some day I will venture in the same direction. V8 seems like just... TOO MUCH, and I'm guessing the cutting would be minimal with the V6....
I recently purchased a subaru 3.3L SVX engine to swap in. It will still be awhile though.
Updated, keep them coming...
73 914 327 with Hilborn injection converted to EFI. Almost finished.
75 had a 13B Mazda now has a built 305 Chevy
72 with 350 Chevy (for the wife) just finished....
David Lee in Houston.....dlee1967
That is amazing.
1974 Chev V8 LT1 in progress! a former Florida roller finds a new
home and some new Life in TORONTO, Canada. Add me to the list.
ajracer, dlee1967, JEM, 914helo
How about some pics?
Felix, I have never done a Subaru, but a few V8s now. Although the Mazda rotary is now in a Karman Ghia, I will do another one in a 914 in the future. It was an excellent match for the stock gearing, but the chain saw noise was a bit hard to handle. There has to be a better way to quiet them down. That project can be viewed on my website http://web2.airmail.net/atl/Rotary.html. I don't have many pictures of my cars, but here is a shot of my wifes engine bay. Never to be this clean again. DLee
Mine's '73 w/ SBC 350, Holley MPFI, and 930 trans.
Haven't touched it in 2 years due to house construction.
GWN7 MB 73 327 (in progress) Red Vegas Roller
Opps forgot pic
Lets see some engine pictures. Heres mine.
Wow, a lot of V8's 914's out there! Sort of cool.
So why doesn't anyone do the aluminum block V8's (Not including Rick).
Is there only the 215 (Buick?) and the later Vette engines? Seems like that would take care of any wieght issues?
Cost and availability are a couple reasons. Cast-iron SBCs are plentiful. Also, don't the Corvette engines require significantly more engine bay/firewall mods? The standard Chevy engine fits in easy.
Electric 914 #2
9" Advanced DC motor, 114V with (now dead) Curtis Controller. Anyone have a used "Zilla" controller they don't need?
Chunger, I just finished a big construction project doing 60% of the work myself, so I FEEL your pain. I know first hand the best way to deal with your problem. You simply must get the V8 out of mind. Here is what I am will to do for you, my 914 brother. I will take that pain in the ass with it's obnoxious 930 trans off your hands. I will pay to ship it all the way out to Illinois at my, thats right my expense.
Feel the love my friend. Let me help ease your troubled mind.
The newer Aluminum LSx engines will mount up with No mods to the front firewall if you are using a remote water pump as with the SBC. You would need to reverse the intake to have the throtlle body facing the rear of the car and this takes cutting a hole in the rear firewall about as big as what is used for the distributor on the SBC.
First of, let me just say that is a real honor to be on the list and to be part of such a great group of interesting people. Enough a$$ kissing. You can get an all aluminum virgin block from an number of suppliers. I almost got the aluminum block from Brodix. What changed my mind was not only the price tag of $3800.00 US, but at the end of the day you only save in the neighbor hood of about 100 lbs. Not worth the out lay of cash for 100lbs weight savings imo.
Add me to the list. I'm working on a 1973 914 Twin Turbo Three Rotor Rotary engine swap. I have accumulated most of the parts I need to get started (adapter plate, clutch, flywheel, radiator, motor mounts, etc.) I just bought a new place with a big shop and as soon as I get settled in I will start my own build thread.
Nice. . . I conned myself into buying a running 914 Actually, the way I'm wired, if I'm driving one, I'll have double motivation to finish the V8. Another issue that motivated the purchase was price. . . and in the back of my mind, there was the fact that this car already had on it an ideal suspension for V8. . . and I have all the parts to do a quick conversion on a running car. But now that I have it, I feel it'd be nice to keep the car legal in it's class. . . .since I have an all new 5 lug suspension for the project already. And my scirocco is going to die. I need a reliable running car.
I've been wondering if I could cram a 308 series Ferrari engine in mine.......
You can add mine to the list. dwillouby KY 914 355V8.
If the 914 v8 is done correctly, I see no reason why it can not be a daily driven car. I am reading a lot of comments that suggest people are still afraid to drive the 914 v8 as a daily driver. We have a large enough community with many examples of well done 914 v8's, I am sure that there must be a few out there that drive their car's daily. Feel free to chime in at any time.
Mine's got some ways to go yet but will have SBC power soon.
can you add?
914club member: 914turboford,
engine: Ford 2.3 turbo EFI (mounted sideways)
Oh, I don't think there is any question that a basic, well done sbc will last a ton of miles in just about any car. Plus, you can pick up a long block from just about any FLAPS!
I would think any question would be in the install. Say the cooling system. Did someone really hack up the 914 to install the hoses and rad? Something along those lines.
So aircooledboy (contradiction in terms ), do you use the stock 901 gear set?
Only until I take it to Brad Mayuer this hibernation season. Then it will be taller-gears-o-rama It is fine for now as is, but I will enjoy highway driving much more after the gear swap.
BTW, only ONE of my teeners is a waterpumper. I will always be air cooled at heart. After all, I am just like a TIV powered 914 (slow, out-dated, a little rusty, with loud putt putt noises coming from the back end, but very quick in tight spaces and damn good fun on a nice day )
I have a '72 914 SBC that was a daily driver for 5 years, now it is a garage queen!!! I got tired of parking in that far corner spot, no radio or AC. One day some guy got out of his car and mooned me at a traffic light, it attracts too much attention. Damn the price of fame. . .
Felix update me to a 1975 914 V8 305, destroked 327, perfect torque band for the stock gearing.
This car also has the Holley Projection Fuel Injection system..
Dan Root call me if you ever get down to PDX, I'll take you for spin in the V8.
53 AND COUNTING!
List your name and a more details...It's 2AM cuz I had to search for your info! Maybe that and the Coke...
Add me to the list..........SteveSr In. 71 914/GM 3.1ltr V6.....in progress
You should add me to the list too. I got 73 914 with Fast Burn ZZ4+ engine (SBC 350). Engine/tranny installation done; now I need to work on body and paint.
73 914 V8
72 914 Racer
73 914 Stocker
And many others….
Add me to the list as a 1971 w/ GM 305 V8 in progress. Right now I am trying to find a radiator and fans or the money to buy the Renegade setup and should be ordering the rest of the conversion parts around Christmas time. I am also considering megasquirting while I am at it or shortly thereafter.
I haven't driven her since May and really want to get back on the road.
Heck, I can even ad something to this thread! This car even won a trophy at the MWC!
1970 914 283 Chevrolet
CAREFUL RICH!!!!!!!!!! Some one might see you
Fix that ear yet ol' boy?
Throw me on the list as well. I just got it delivered last night, going easy for now to break in the engine.
75 914 2.0 Renegaded with SBC 327
Converted with a DZ302 13 years ago, never finished. The engine did not survive the storage , reconverted from scratch this year
It good to be back in a teener.
WHO WILL BE 60TH?
Still waiting on your tranny?
Welcome! I used to live in Glendale. Post pics of your car.
Post your trophy winner! Is yours green?
LOTS of conversions are in progress. You just need a 914, and engine, and the WILL.
Just sold the cage out of suzi to a local guy with a Buick conversion. He admitted to being a lurker, and is too shy to join. I respect his privacy, but does anyone know Matt B, South Bay, works for Raytheon.
Showed me a pic. PO made V6 valve covers that say PORSCHE . Wish I had copied pic.
YOU ARE THE 60TH!
Sweet! What's it need to run?
Count me in too. Puttin' in a SBC. Long time away from completion though.
It's a '71. 350 Chevy. That's about all I got right now. It's VERY far from completion.
Count me in with a 1974 and modern Chevy LT1, still in progress but hopefully
on the road next summer after the winter engine transplant. Once I sort out
the LT1 and some modifications I will move along to setting up the 915 tranny
and shifting mechanism !
66, see 1st page
Would n't it be cool to get all those convertions in one place!!!!!!!
I've organized some in the SF Bay Area and we got ~12 various Porsches together - see link 2. I may organize another next summer. A few show up to 914 breakfast's but availability is rarely in sync and in the tradition of 914's, running condition is sporadic.
Felix: You're selling your car?!?! What's this neo914? Tell us the story!
To keep this on topic, here's my update:
I was converting my 73 1.7 salvage title, but decided I should start with something better, so I bought a 73 2.0 roller with sway bars. I'm working on the 5 lug conversion and building up a 901 with H gear. I'm also in the process of de-rusting and fixing a couple of minor rust holes. The LT1 is still hanging from the engine hoist. Right now garage clutter is my biggest enemy. As more and more things come off the car, I'm starting to have trouble finding a place to put the stuff.
Felix...you can delete my information since I will not be completing the swap...going with a Raby Type IV motor
There is a new one to add:
heck914, Ford 3.8 V6 Supercharged
more info and a couple pictures here:
82 and still counting...
lost a few but gained more!
My six cylinder conversion I want to do in my '74 porsche is an 3.0L V6 SHO motor. I am in the process of looking for a motor. The SHO motor is a high revving machine built by yamaha for the taurus vehicles; I mean were talking over 7500rpm stock, that's with AC and power steering. I will of course only be running a water pump as a major component. So yep, I hope it works out, I'll keep ya posted there.
That's a sweet engine. We look forward to a thread with pictures and arrows and a paragraph on each one..
I have a project going on here, 70, 914, 350 V8 Edelbrock aluminum heads & F/I system, 930 transmission, 930 suspension & brakes, koni adjustable shocks with lowering springs. Waiting for it to arrive via transport Co. Irvine, Ca.
I already added you to the list, see first page. Other than engine type they are not in any order.
I considered an SHO V6 for my conversion. However I believed it to be too long to fit in the 914 engine bay without some major work. If I recall correctly even though it's a V6 it's longer than a V8. I found a link on the web of a cobra replicar with an SHO V6 in it and it was sweeeet. The other reason I had for not choosing the engine was a lack of aftermarket for it. So if you are looking to eventually push up the power you will find there is very little support out there to help you.
All said I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on your progress. There has got to be someone who can do it and I hope it's you.
P.S. Where in Alberta are you? I'm in Calgary.
72 w/ a SBC 350. Going to transplant it with a 327 some time soon
|How many Non-Porsche Engine conversions, are represented on 914world.com?|
Hey Felix, add another conversion to the list. His name is Joel, his username here is A400Hurdler. He has a black 73 with a 3800 Buick with the buick FI installed in his car. He was at the BBQ. He lives right around the corner from me.
|QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 23 2005, 09:22 AM)|
add me to the list ...
my engine says "VW" on it ...
|I should clarify "conversions the 914 was not originally designed to accept" (besides enlarging the bores i.e. 3.6 sixes or 4 to 6) usually involving and or |
Add me to the list, I have a chevy 305 in mine.
I'm building a G-60 lyshom 914 out of my wrecked corrado, should have it running by the end of summer.
It made 202 hp at the wheels in the corrado, hope for a little more in the teener.
|QUOTE (paroxysm @ May 23 2005, 11:30 AM)|
| I'm building a G-60 lyshom 914 out of my wrecked corrado, should have it running by the end of summer.|
It made 202 hp at the wheels in the corrado, hope for a little more in the teener.
i bought the rabbit conversion from kennedy engineering, because its the same bolt pattern as the G60, so i can stick with the 901 tranny. I 'm also combining the renegade hybrids v8 kit to complete the swap. I was originally building a v8, but now that i have an availible engine that will make the same power when i start tuning it some.
WOWHOOOOO! We hit the 100 Mark! SEE FIRST PAGE 72% V8's and 28% everything else...
Suby list is growing, Renegade kits are now available...
I'm adding people with Porsche engines with non-OEM (to model) transmissions as there is some creative work involved...
Tim O = Renault
abc914 = Boxster S
? = Audi automatic
You guys with Modern 6's want to be added to this list? I recall a thread was started.
I'm also very curious about people who've adapted non-914 transaxles to any engine.
Pantera, 930, Audi, Scooby-ru transaxles...
What do U think?
|QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Oct 2 2005, 01:49 PM)|
I'm also very curious about people who've adapted non-914 transaxles to any engine.
Pantera, 930, Audi, Scooby-ru transaxles...
What do U think? <_< ;)
126 now, a big increase in Suby conversions...
You can add my LS6 powered 500HP 74' 914 to the list.
One more pic?
Nice car Bill!
|QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Nov 14 2004, 08:48 AM)|
914GT, No particular order, I just remember you first when I started hammering out the list.
You and Jason are exceptions to the title of this post. It originally started as a V8 conversion list, then I wanted to include all the other interesting conversions.
KEEP THEM COMING! WHO HAS A 215 V8, ROTARY, OR THE LEXUS V8???
Thanks Clay, I'll change it to the V8 when you get there...
How about using the Maserati bi-turbo keeping it Italian? There was one on eBay recently.
Non-V8 conversions are catching up!
You can add mine now that I got it going.
72 914 with subaru 2 liter turbo and subaru 2wd transmission. originally twin sequential converted to single. Powered by MS II v3. I'll add pics later.
working a suby 2.0 liter turbo and using the suby transmission...
Ahh! You all are going the wrong way! Kohler VTwin 22HP. Put that in you borito and bite it!
Brian, So. Cal., '74 914 with 350 SBC, 915 tran, factory steel GT flares, etc.
Of the 144, see first post:
86 - GM V8's
23 - Subaru's
10 - GM V6's
4- Ford V6's
3 - Electrics
2 - Audi V6's
2- Boxster 6's
1- Lexus V8
1- 928 V8
1 - Ford V8
1- Corvair 6
1 - Audi 4
1 - Nissan V6
and a Partridge in a pear tree...
Had to delete some but added lots more...
I spoke to (914vtec 3.2) Russel in AZ who abandoned his V8 conversion (see kit for sale) to build a Honda vtec powered 914 for track and street. There is a local Honda tuner that already has the electronics sorted for Honda-Honda swaps so they just need to mount the engine. Watch for pics and a kit soon...
Chris Julian had a new motor built with cross-over headers and just installed it. He said it sounds like a supercar, let's hope for audio or video.
Still looking for the new owner of Renegade's flagship "Peal" here in the Bay Area. I'm told he also has a 215 V8 conversion. We'll see if he'll join and post here...
Progress on my projects are in my "resurrection" and "neo914-6" threads
what is known about the Lexas v8? That could be kick ass as that is the motor of choice for some of the faster Daytona Class Racers.
IIRC, Brett W is working on putting a Lexus v8 in his tubeframe car
Updates on first page:
TX Rob "RobPattillo"
AL John "John G"
CA Larry "wgfp"
IL Brad "914ltd"
CA Ryan “notyers” sold his 73 GM 3.8L V6 conversion to AL Stacie "Mamacita”. Her husband "John G" bought it for her anniversary
"914GT" Guy's Desert Hybrid co-build was sold, new owner "unknown". We miss Guy as he's become inactive...
Let me know if I missed anyone
JimKelly asked for a correction so I noticed the list needs alot of updating. I will add Jim's SHO V6 and recent Suby conversions. Let me know if you want to be included, or not...
Master list on http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&showtopic=20374&view=findpost&p=260702
Hey Don't forget me,
SBC 416hp, Rod simpson kit , '76 w/916 flairs,901 transaxle. I would feel comfortable driving it every day if it wasn't raining, and the 14 mpg or less...
feel free to include my 2.5 Mitsubishi v6 Turbo project. =o)
You can add My GM 4.3 installed in 92' . Formally 13B's (5 of 'em between 89'
and 92'), expensive experiment. Originally 1.7 from 73' to 89'.
Feel free to add VOX (James') and i's Subaru EJ22 conversion.
I'll jump in...73 Renegade SBC 350 V8/901 Sheridan Body
Wow, lot's of new entries, help me out and list: Club iD, Name, State, Year, & details
RJMII, Jim, Wyoming, 76, 2.5l mitsubishi V6, w/turbo, Ford EDIS-6, MS-II
You can add my 74 914 w/ Ford SHO 3.2L V6 (Longitudinal). Here's a pic of the engine so far.
Even with a few deletions, there are 36 more conversions
Just want to clarify, this list is for both completed and works in progress such as mine. A restoration itself can take years to complete and for the most part we have the added challenge of research and development.
I reviewed the list and scoured the forum to add as many conversions I could find in the past 3 years since the last update. Wow, the Suby conversions have doubled from 20s to 40s. Added a some V8’s, couple of 215 V8’s, an audi V8, as well as a economy minded VW 1.9L diesel
I do have a subaru ej25 conversion but its NOT a Renegade kit, its my own. Direct bolt in, no modifications to the chassis in the rear.
Just a comment;
I really like what Sonu (914_1.8t) is building, but does it still qualify as a 914?
This is a tube chassis car into which he is installing an Audi V6.
At some point, it's no-longer a 914, but a dedicated race car.
It's just a comment.
Just like most other hot rods they all started somewhere and you gotta call them something. Luckily on the 914 some 911 stuff fits easily so it still has some porsche genes. Mine will probably even have alfa romeo parts including a adj. proportional valve.
wow! 1 year ago to the day. interesting bump
I'll add mine.
1974 914 WA Subaru 2.5L Suby 5 Speed RS
lol wow look at that list, and to think there are still normal 914's out there.
I never got around to completing that conversion and even ended up scrapping the car, so please take me off the list
I guess my series of conversions should be on this list...
Please add mine:
mittelmotor Doug CA 74 LS1 V8 w/ fuel injection
Add mine to the "non-OEM" transaxle list, now has a Subaru WRX 5 speed with Quaife behind the engine. Not a project, runs great.
I have 3.
1976 with a 350 901 Red
1970 with a 450 HP 4.3 V6 930 White
1974 with a 383 901 Blue
Add me to the list Porsche 904 kit car with 2007 Subaru WRX engine installed.
Sorry Rich, I should have said "now has a WRX transaxle behind the WRX engine." It was done in two steps, first the WRX engine on a 901. Engine was great, the 901 sucked, so a couple of years later the second step was replacing the 901 with the WRX transaxle. All good now.
As to a T4 on a Subaru transaxle... if you're doing all that work to modernize things why would you stop with just the transmission? Are you that impressed with the T4 engine? Why?
Understood. I wander through most of those circles and I've never seen mention of that anywhere, so would guess it hasn't been done.
My transmission has a cable shift, which as far as I'm concerned is the best thing since integrated circuits. If you want an interesting project I'd wager you could improve a 901's shifting substantially with a well-done cable shift. At least to the level of 911 shifting. That's not entirely modern, which would be too much to ask of old techology, but better than the 914's stock linkage.
not a 914 but on 914world.com
please add mine
'68 912 w/ 2005 JDM STi currently with 901 but 2010 WRX trans with reverse ring pinion and factory LSD on the bench awaiting install
Hello I am new to the Forum and new to the 914 world. I looked around and it appears that you are the foremost authority on swaps, so congrats on that...
I've recently acquired a 74 that appears to have a Chevrolet V6 installed. I'm no stranger to the European car world but this one Escapes Me.. It appears to be something from the early 80s. Could you help me identify what this is or if there's any history on the site related to this car much thanks in advance
Post a new thread with as many pictures of the engine, adapter plate, radiator setup, and car in general and we should be able to figure it out. Not many people were doing conversions n the 80s
1974 with a Subaru 3.0L six turning a Subaru 5MT transmission.
Add me please-
Gmanscott55 - 2.0 Subaru WRX EJ 205 engine with IHI VF 23 Turbo charger
hello everyone. Looking for some information/history on this one but i can only assume its a home brew from the early 80's. Anyone familiar with GM v6 engines of this era? Is anyone familiar with this car? Gear box is original or if not original was replaced with a matching unit. Radiator/fan set up appears to be more recent as it has junk yard. markings from a early 90's nissan.
Can you take a picture of the paint code on the drivers door jamb? Because it looks like an LE to me, which would be a shame if they did a conversion on..
Pics of the radiator setup would confirm if its home brewed. I dont see any kit components there which means most likely a homemade kit. Albeit done well for the timeframe.
Also it looks like they have a heater core in the engine bay? I've been considering that...
You can add mine. Subaru 2.5 turbo with 901 side shifter in a 71 914.
my current plans are to just make it safe and drive-able. The good news is that it runs. I have no plans for track use or restoration as i do not have time nor $$ for either. My long term plans include moving on from the carb'd V6 in favor of something fuel injected. I dont care much for the stink of gas and i have no nostalgia for carburetors. Only time will tell.
The car is a real LE. It was around Atlanta about 15 years ago and sold to Bill ???? in Orangeburg SC IIRC.
thats good news, someone that has seen or heard of this car before
1stworks narrow body 5.3l LS boxster S 6 speed
Should of done a poll. Curious on the quantities?
Flat six 3.0
Flat six under 3.0
Flat six 3.2
Flat six 3.6
Big 4 2.4 and over
Big 4 under 2.4
UPDATE: I now have item #17 as seen on the "list"....
17. MikeP, Mike CA V8 475hp Brodix, 930 trans, Fiske
Mine has been switched from the 1.8L Turbo to a 3.3L with
But it is not done yet.
Please add me to the V8 list
1984 SBC Goodyear V8
Performer Intake manifold
Edelbrock 600 4 Barrel Carb
Cold air intake
901 side shift transaxle
And mine can be added too.
1974 1.8 now with 2.7L reverse rotation Corvair engine. Auto electricians are here as I speak and hope to start it up in an hour or so
<-------1973 914S 2.0 converted to a 2.4S 911 engine.
See what I did there?
Subaru EZ30D and Subaru 5 Speed.
Wow that is a cool list, never seen that before.
Just in the process of putting a VW AAZ diesel in. Car has been changed so much over the years before I got it it will never be a restore to stock car. Once had a 360 dodge in it...
KEP adaptor will bolt engine to the 901 trans this week. Next hurdle is front engine mount. I plan on using the stock crossbar and working from it. I know there's been a 1.8t done, and I've seen pictures of an unfinished diesel swap... Have also seen video of a 16 valve engine in one. Anyone got good pictures of a mount for a 4 cyl water cooled vw to look at? Just looking for ideas.. Will be putting everything in the car this week to get a better look at what my options are. Considering using the ear on the back (right side) of the engine off a mark 2 jetta, or working from bolt holes on the front. There's 2 big cast ears with holes through them at the front of the engine on either side of the oil pan... not sure if they were designed to be mounting points for the engine in a different application.
Open for suggestions!
Under construction driver. 1976 with a 5 liter Chevy.
You can add me to the list: WA 70 914 with Subaru ej205 and suby 5mt transaxle
I have a full conversion set-up for a 215 ci Buick V8 that I planned on putting in my '72 Chalon Vintage Racecar in place of the 1.8 that's in there now, but the Vintage guys won't let me race it with the Buick. Does that count?
Add mine too please. 2.8L 6-cyl air cooled Chev Corvair.
It doesn’t look like the list has been updated since 2009.
3.2L Horizontal-fan / biturbo flat 6
1973 sbc w/ Sheridan wide-body and a Dr. Evil trans-axle (blocked 1st)
I am sure it will fit.
Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)