Good morning gentlemen-the engine rebuild tech weekend isn't forgotten but I wanted to see if we could get a easier to pull off tech day going on one or more common tasks that people would like to see.
- valve adjustment
- FI component testing
- installing in tuning dual carbs
- adding a front or rear sway bar
- rear caliper brake adjustments
- installing turbo tire rods
Any of those jump out as worthwhile topics? Other ideas?
I would like to see a valve job done.
Hi there. Valve adjustment (easy) or a replacement of the valves with the head off the engine ( much more involved )?
Yes- valve adjustment
Yes D jet or L jet- ?? FI component testing
No - installing in tuning dual carbs
No. - adding a front or rear sway bar
Yes. - rear caliper brake adjustments
Yes - but requires alignment - installing turbo tire rods
Time permitting, I can help with instruction.
These should be video taped for future reference.
You know I'm ALL IN in on whatever we can all agree on. Sharing knowledge is a big part of this community.
That's another long process, requires removing the motor and moderate tear-down to remove the heads
* Changing an alternator might be something to broach? - usually a two-man job to make it a shorter task, but it can be done by one.
* Installation of new strut cartridges and/or rear shock absorbers
* Installation of new ball joints and/or tie-rod ends
* Shift lever/rod adjustment
* Pop-up headlight adjustment and alignment
I would be down for headlight adjustment and alignment....Paul. could supply burgers and beer plus man the BBQ.
Hi guys-sounds like we've got enough interest to get something going, agree that the jobs need to be fairly easy to knock out.
I can arrange posting in Costa Mesa.
Are Saturdays or Sundays usually better for people?
Either day works for me
Either day works for me also. But this Sunday is the G&R swap meet so I’m assuming we are talking about a weekend in the near future.....Paul
Will there be shuttles from the airport?
Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)