Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake Lights, I ain't got none
Queenie
post Nov 4 2003, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Society Is A Hole

Group: Members
Member No.: 908

Drat. My brake lights have taken a powder. I can't imagine why - they were working a week ago when I picked the car up from the shop. I know for sure that they were because I checked them. And, for some strange reason, I decided to check them again this evening before I left work. They're out cold.

I had a busted fuse, and the rest of them looked pretty old and scrungy so I replaced them all. I pulled the brake light bulbs out and inspected them; they are intact. The contacts looked a bit murky so I cleaned them up with a pencil eraser.

They still don't work.

Everything else works: parking lights, tail lights, back-up lights, head lights, dash lights.

Any suggestions as to what a girl might be able to look into her own self? I am not an electrician, and I'm not a mechanic although I'm fairly mechanically inclined and own a few tools. If it doesn't involve anything too tricky, I'm willing to try to fix it myself. Getting it into the shop is not the easiest thing for me at the moment.

Suggestions? Advice? Help! I have to drive the car - not going to school is not an option, and school is at night, and night is a dangerous time to not have any brake lights!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:32 AM