Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914/6 FS in Seattle, Just happened to see it
richardL
post Sep 16 2003, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 201
Region Association: None

I was in Seattle on Saturday and my brother in law mentioned that a neighbor had a /6 for sale. I went over to see it and talk to him.

Its Irish Green 1970 and he wants $17,500. It was exensively restored 12 years ago and has a complete new floor pan - as far as my inexperienced eyes could see it was nicely done and there is no rust. It has a new battery tray and new metal underneath the tray area - very clean. I couldn't see any rot around the suspension ears either. No sag - it looks nice. The paint shows signs of wear - a little crazing on top of the doors and he repainted the hoods. Inside is very clean and in good condition.

The engine was also rebuilt with 911E cylinders etc. so its a 2.2, I don't know if he upgraded the cam at the same time. The engine was alittle smoky on startup until it was warm. It sounded fine and I wonder if it simply needs re-jetting as that was never done. about 15K miles since the rebuild.

Its stored indoors over the winter and outside under a cover in the summer. Has a front swaybar and he says 180lb multi rate springs at the back - although it didn't feel that stiff to me when I had a ride. It was quiet, tight and no undue rattles and the engine pulled cleanly. It fired right up after an apparent three month sit.

No connection etc. If any one wants more info or contact info I'll pass it on. He promised me some pictures, b ut I haven't got them yet.

Richard
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 02:23 AM