Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Bay Area 914 Meet of 2003
olav
post Jan 25 2003, 07:35 PM
Post #21

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 34
Region Association: None

Here's another view.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jan 25 2003, 08:24 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Hey Olav,

got any more pics?
wild stories?

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
olav
post Jan 25 2003, 09:39 PM
Post #23

Well, there was one mishap during the drive. Unfortunately, Jenny had a little accident during the drive. We were just getting on to hwy 9 coming into a corner that was a little tight and the ground was a little wet too. I was ahead of Jenny and going along when I heard a metal on metal sound. Well, I looked in my rear view mirror I saw Jenny getting up close and personal with the guard rail.

Luckily, no one was hurt and the car can be fixed.

Jenny was a great sport about it, Brad came to the rescue and towed the car to the nearest gas station. After that we headed off to lunch at the designated finish for drive where we met everyone and Jenny drowned her sorrows in a couple of pitchers of beer.

Here are some pictures:
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jan 25 2003, 09:39 PM
Post #24

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Jeroen, just wait.

Jenny (official 914 ex-groupie, now that she has her own 914) has promised to write in and post pictures. She saw the most excitement for the day...

I will DL the photos from my camera probably on Monday (unless I forget) and will post 'em up then.

It was a fun drive. Bernie even let me drive his 75 1.8 around, which was awfully nice of him. There was a lot of oil smoke on the air, and some unburned fuel smell--just the way we like it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I did see one bicyclist fanning his hand in front of his face as we went by, though. Oh, and the girls (4, I think?) who were walking a dog seemed very impressed by the long train of cars. Great big grins from them. Also from a couple of other people we went by.

--DD

[ EDIT -- ]

Well, Olav posted again while I was writing my reply. Yeah, poor Jenny managed to scrape up her recently-acquired-after-long-waiting 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Bummer. But at least she and Brian were both OK.

Damn.... Now why did you have to use the phrase "tight and wet" in a note about Jenny? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
olav
post Jan 25 2003, 09:52 PM
Post #25

Here's a picture of the wheel hanging over and the creek looming ominously below.

The red paint on the side rail was from a motorcyle that hit it and catapulted over into the creek down below hitting a wall and bouncing into the culvert. When the emergency crew got there they couldn't find the driver or the motorcyle because he was "hidden" in the culvert. The Saratoga police that came to assist was telling us all sorts of stories about that corner.
+Quote Post
olav
post Jan 25 2003, 10:06 PM
Post #26

Here's a picture of the front of the car. The side rail scrapped along the side of the car and up across the roll bar. Brian, the passenger, said he was looking at side rail and thinking about what he could use as a floatation device if they landed in the drink.
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jan 25 2003, 10:06 PM
Post #27

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Ouch! Nice ego-bruizer...
Glad to hear Jenny and Brian are ok

Not the kind of 'wild stories' I was hoping for...

Cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
jonwatts
post Jan 25 2003, 11:50 PM
Post #28

no rules, just wrong

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 141

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Man that sux. I mean it looks kinda cool and all in the pictures but dealing with the aftermath sux. For those who may not know, I sold her that engine and Brad set it up. We may have to accept partial responsibility if it was an over-abundance of horsepower that caused this. No financial responsability, just moral. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I'm sure we can locate some replacement body panels pretty easily (Jason?).

Sorry Jen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jan 27 2003, 01:41 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Hi all... Yes, I took the turn proally a bit faster than I should have. I was following Olav. Turns out later I found out he'd just had his suspension upgraded. What a nice little :finger2: Only thing bruised is my ego and my right arm, not too bad. Brian and I are both alive and okay. The car should most definitely be fixable. What'll suck royally is I'm almost certain the body repair will cost more than what I bought the whole damn thing for. Such is life. On a side note, I usually only drive by myself (Brian's only been in my car a handful times) and I just realized that his weight might have thrown me off. I'm definitely not blaming him, but I'm still a bit shook up over it and can't really believe it happened. Many many thanks to Olav and girlfriend (Allison??) and Carl & Meredith. Thankfully they saw and stopped to stay with me. And of course, Brad. I used my damsel in distress card and he came to my rescue. Brian had used his AAA card to call a tow truck, but brad showed up first and we were able to cancel the call to AAA. Brad knows much more about 914's, and he doesn't even show his butt crack. Far more preferable than the tow truck driver, I'm sure.

Again, damage to the car isn't too terrible, we think. What really makes me just want to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) is when I replay the accident in my head and realize just how bad things could have played out. I feel very fortunate. My mom told me this year (year of the horse) was unlucky for horses. She made me wear jade in hopes of warding off the bad luck. I cannot wait for the next chinese year to begin (Feb 1) I'm done with the year of the horse. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Seriously, thanks everyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave Cawdrey
post Jan 27 2003, 02:51 AM
Post #30

Dumbo going poop, Daddy :)

Member No.: 182

Jenny, whats next year (animal wise) Hopefully better w/ the luck. For me, too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jan 27 2003, 10:40 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

We start on the year of the goat this saturday. Better (in comparison) than this year has been. You can check your horoscope at http://chinese.astrology.com/year/

Jenny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
post Jan 27 2003, 11:28 AM
Post #32

Group:
Member No.: 0

damn, I missed out on this. I was at Thunderhill spinning out on a 996 turbo's blown coolant lines. I'll make it next time for sure.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Jan 27 2003, 03:45 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 178

content removed
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jan 27 2003, 03:55 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

You have no idea. I can't be more than 10 miles away from where Jeff spun us into a ditch backwards. I think the dirty/ratty T-shirt should return to the Shyu family once again. Randy??

Jen
+Quote Post
Dave Cawdrey
post Jan 27 2003, 06:11 PM
Post #35

Dumbo going poop, Daddy :)

Member No.: 182

I'm a rabbit, looks compatable w/ goats and pigs. Maybe the goat year will be better for both of us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks Jenny
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jan 27 2003, 06:55 PM
Post #36

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Geez, Dave you sound like you live on a farm with all those animals. Haha ...Well, I am a dragon so I can get away with those kinds of comments.

Jenny, that was a close call! Hope the car isn't too badly damaged and glad that you are ok.

Geoff
+Quote Post
Gint
post Feb 2 2003, 04:07 PM
Post #37

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Bummer Jen. Sorry to hear about the car. Glad you and Brian are OK though.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 04:26 PM