Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DPD A/C guys please read
Kerrys914
post Jun 4 2004, 06:27 AM
Post #1

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

I am just about ready to pull a vacuum on my system, hopfully sat night (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have the evap blower with the original relay connected. Has anyone found a replacement for this relay? An internal sketch of the relay would help also.

Also,
- the wiring diagram on line is a little fuzzy and I am unsure of all the connections. Anyone have an updated wiring sketch of a working DPD system relay?
- I am looking for the fan switch also. Seems I have a switch from a VPC system and of course they don't fit the DPD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MarkV
post Jun 4 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #2

Fear the Jack Stands

Member No.: 154
Region Association: None

I got this from Gerard (3D914), not sure if it will help you. I think the relay is a fairly generic part that you should be able to get at your local A/C shop.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jun 4 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #3

I have that sketch and that is part of the problem. That sketch doesn't seem to agree with the VPC installation manual or the DPD manual (best I can tell). I think Gerard's(3D914) is correct diagram but not 100% sure.

I would take the realy apart to see the layout but it is the only one I have (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I hope someone who has a working DPD system will step up and provide the relay wiring. I don't need the whole system JUST the relay layout/or part number

CHeers
Kerry
+Quote Post
MarkV
post Jun 4 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #4

Fear the Jack Stands

How do you know that the relay is bad?
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jun 4 2004, 01:31 PM
Post #5

I am not sure if the relay is bad. I am just not sure how to connect it. I don't want to risk frying the relay with a bad connection.

I think in Gerard's sketch gives an internal relay operation like this (the numbers below are in the squares)

#1 open switch to #2(connecter number on the relay, no square number given)

#5 (+ side of solenoid) #4 (- side of solenoid)

When power is delivered by #5 (key on) the solenoid closed the Constant 12v to complete the circuit to #2 (connecter number on relay) giving power to the A/C unit.

Does that make sense? Lets hop ethe internal arrangment supports this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cheers
Kerry
+Quote Post
MarkV
post Jun 4 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Fear the Jack Stands

My car has a VPC so I am not much help.

The VPC has a low pressure switch by the drier that kills power to the system if the freon charge is low. I don't see any provisions for a low charge switch in the diagram.

If the relay looks anything like mine you should be able to open it & determine how it is wired. Use some jumpers a battery & a meter.
+Quote Post
3d914
post Jun 7 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Kerry,

Before I pack everything away for a move, I'll check my A/C manual to see if it includes a wiring diagram I could fax to you. I don't think it does, which is why I made one. But the mind goes as you get older - so I'll check to be sure.

Regards,
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jun 7 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #8

Thanks but I think yours is correct.

I have everything connected and I am pulling a vacuum tonight and will charge it tomorrow (maybe tonight if it stays warm out).

Seems like everything runs fine. The fan kicks on as soon as the compressor signal is sent out from the t'stat.

You don't have any thoughts on where to get a fan knob from? I only have the temp knob (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) for the DPD and 2 knobs for the VPC.

I'll let you know how things turn out once I have A/C

Cheers
Kerry
+Quote Post
3d914
post Jun 8 2004, 12:43 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Kerry,

I checked the manual and its diagram is worse than mine - that why I made a new one.

I too only have a couple of VPC control knobs. I'll check around with some local folks.

Be Cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 12:33 AM