Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will a 400 SBC work?, Pick and pull sightings..
Andyrew
post Jul 3 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #41

Spooling.... Please wait

Group: Members
Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Good timing.

Just got the engine!

Pooped I'll post about it tomorrow.
305 84 from some chevy (not camaro)
total cost 120.
Might be able to clean it up and just run it! turns over good, has good compression. eldenbrook vavle covers (Woopie, gota be 30hp there..) stock exhaust manifold, carb (tiny bends cus the engine rolled over in our garage.. Ooh Lets put it on a Hooser, the engine hoist doesnt reach all the way to the ground! go away for 6 hours.. find the engine upside down.. oops..), intake manifold, like new alternator and everything else attached to the engine.

Oh and daddy got the engine out of the 924S (944 engine, 944 everything on that car) and the trani, I got the radiator fan, the radiator is aluminum so I'll buy that just to throw on ebay or keep as a spare, but its still in the car, so we have to go back monday or tomorrow to get everything we still want. Also some koni yellow shocks we'll pick up. The headers that where laying on the ground for the engine we encluded in the engine, starter. bla bla bla

Productive day.. Doesnt feel like it (4 hours to pull the 944 engine... and no, that hood will never close again.. we took the engine out from the top, susposed to go out the bottom.....

Oh well..

I think im going to either go to sleep, or go clean the sbc....

andrew

Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dan10101
post Jul 3 2004, 09:57 PM
Post #42

TORQUE-o-holic

Member No.: 626
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Well, it turns out I was right about this engine, it was someone's hot rod engine.

I checked the heads.. and guess what they are. The number for the heads are
333882.....74-80...350/400......76cc chambers

Makes things interesting! I wonder what other suprizes im going to find!

Hmm maybe we got a 350 after all..(yay!)

Andrew
+Quote Post
dan10101
post Jul 3 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #43

TORQUE-o-holic

Member No.: 626
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Checked the block, back of the block (couldnt tell with the engine in.. had alot of gunk on it, so I couldnt see anyways.

Well. When dad said "I cant tell what the numbers are,should we just pull it?"
Im glad I said, heck, sure why not.

Anyways. The back of the block has 3970*10, I cant tell what number the * is, but it looks like it could be a zero. I checked the codes sheet, and there was only one block with 3970. So therefore I assumed it had to me a zero.
Anyways, heres what they come out to be.
Due to the fact that the heads are what number they are, I can only assume that its a true 350.

3970010....302.....69....4...Z-28 Camaro
3970010....327.....69....2...Trucks and industrial
3970010....350...69-80...2 or 4

The PO must not have done a good job installing it or must have just installed it, because all the bolts where not very tight for the trani. Must have been a first time pull or something, but thats asside us now.

I'll post pics later, I have too much dirt on me to go to sleep..

Andrew
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:42 AM