Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More surprises found in my engine!, Someone put an extra 2mm in there
Demick
post Jul 16 2004, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

I've found a bunch of surprises while tearing down my engine, but none as big as what I found last night. I'm not even sure what prompted me to measure the cylinder diameter, but when I did I got quite a surprise. 96mm P&C's which means I've had a 2.056 motor all this time and never knew it! I feel bad that I've been running in stock engine classes for autocross for all these years - but then again, most of the people running probably don't know for sure the internals of their motors either. Mine was rebuilt over 20 years ago (that's 5 owners ago!).

So this really screws up my rebuilding plans. I had planned to do a stock rebuild using the higher compression euro pistons. I had thought that this rebuild would give me about 10hp over what I had before (5hp for the euro pistons, and another 5hp due to a fresh engine). But now I'm thinking maybe I should build the engine a little more agressively. Continue with 96mm pistons, but go higher on the compression like somewhere around 8.5:1 (my engine had dished pistons and probably a fairly stock compression ratio since I always ran regular gas with no problems). Maybe a little head work to get the engine to breathe a little better...... Hmmm..... Basically build the engine to the limit of what I can run with the stock d-jet F.I.

Decisions, Decisions. Luckily I haven't bought any hard parts yet.....

Demick

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 06:10 PM