Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> San Diego PCA Concours 9/16/17 Porsche Show
Tom_T
post Jul 16 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

UPDATE:

San Diego Region PCA Zone 8 has their 2017 Concours moved up from the former year's August date, to September 16th 2017 - since that weekend probably opened up due to the Coronado Speedfest normally on that weekend being terminated by the Fleet Week group earlier this year.

Here's the link for registration with other details:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-sd...an-diego-703863

It's also the same day as the SoCal 914 Fun Day in Temecula from 1-7 pm - so you can do both in the same day & make it a 914 Two-fer!

Here's the topic on here for that event:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=312460

2017 SDR Concours Poster:
Attached Image

PAST EVENT INFO BELOW ....

UPDATE: SDR is waiving all late fees, so you late wafflers can still decide to enter or display right up to the end! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Okay Folks here are the next upcoming Concours events - 2 SoCal CW events coming up in August - San Diego PCA Zone 8 Concours Aug. 22 2015 - & Concours Prep School Aug. 8 2015

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) If you're not showing, then come out for display - IIRC it's only $10! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

.... or at least come out to support the other Teeners who will be entering - including AFAIK SoCal Andy/Andy T's 914-6/GT/M471 - as it's close for all you OC & SD folks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

SD Concours Event Info.:
http://pcasdr.net/2013/?events=pca-sdr-zon...th-harbor-drive

SD Concours Event Reg:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/concou...04#.VafpW7UYHYh

~and~

Learn how to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) that hardware.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif)

Zone 8 Concours Prep School in Vista CA Event Info.:
http://pcasdr.net/2013/?events=concours-prep-school

Zone 8 Concours Prep School in Vista CA Event Reg:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-sd...96#.Vafo-rUYHYh

PS - here's the link for the various Zone 8 Concours rules, prep tips, etc. at the hot links on the page linked below - so download & read up for the prep school: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
http://www.zone8.org/events/format/concours.php

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Jul 16 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,376

I'll be at the concours, display only. Maybe will bring both 914s.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 16 2015, 02:37 PM
Post #3

TMI....

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 16 2015, 12:56 PM) *

Cool Mike! Just tell me which color hat you'll wear, & I'll wear the opposite color! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I may come down Friday afternoon for the huge Cruisin Grand car & food event in Escondido Fri. 8/21 night too, so there's a possible two-fer car event!

For those who don't know about it - every Friday evening from April to Sept. Escondido (N. San Diego County) hosts one of the largest informal/formal classic car events on the west coast, if not nationally - with tons of pubs & eateries to make it a full~filling event! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 20 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #4

TMI....

SDR is waiving all late fees, so you late wafflers can still decide to enter or display right up to the end! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

<snipped from my email received today>

PCA SDR Concours by the Bay
August 22, 2015

Join us for a beautiful day by the Bay at Spanish Landing Park East on August 22nd. We want to see everyone come out to enjoy our great location, beautiful cars and terrific people!. Because we want to see as many of our friends as possible, PCA SDR has decided to waive any late fees to enter the event.

PCA Zone8 rules apply for Judged cars , for the Porsche Corral - All Porsches are welcome

PLUS you wont have to get up before dawn to join us! We are starting the event later than most regions.

Car Placement - note time of car placement
Concours - Judged: 8:30 - 9:30 am - note time of car placement
Corral/Diisplay- Non Judged: 9:15 am - 10:30 am
Judging begins 11:30 am (Judges will have lunch at 11 am)
Lunch 11:45 am

Awards Ceremony 2:30 pm

Register Today at http://msreg.com/SDRConcours2015 - we will process your payment the day before the event.

Cheers

Your Concours Team

If you have any questions, please contact our Concours Chair, Steve Lopez, at slopez930@aol.com or call 619-787-3290 See you there!
<end snip>

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 21 2015, 08:33 AM
Post #5

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 16 2015, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 16 2015, 12:56 PM) *

Cool Mike! Just tell me which color hat you'll wear, & I'll wear the opposite color! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I may come down Friday afternoon for the huge Cruisin Grand car & food event in Escondido Fri. 8/21 night too, so there's a possible two-fer car event!

For those who don't know about it - every Friday evening from April to Sept. Escondido (N. San Diego County) hosts one of the largest informal/formal classic car events on the west coast, if not nationally - with tons of pubs & eateries to make it a full~filling event! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Tom
///////

I used to show my Old Ghia when I lived there. A "family environment" that the Escondido Police vigorously maintain. A great event to attend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 21 2015, 09:54 AM
Post #6

TMI....

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 21 2015, 07:33 AM) *

I used to show my Old Ghia when I lived there. A "family environment" that the Escondido Police vigorously maintain. A great event to attend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

It's still just a short hop "over the hills" from Temecula! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

They also usually have a few bands playing out there on one of the closed side streets for family & singles fun, tons of restaurants & pubs for feeding & "watering" all, & some art galleries & antique shops, etc. to distract the wives/S.O.s for some quality car drooling time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Certainly worth a cruise down there in either a classic to park/display/show, or just to go & walk around!

They also have various themes & car clubs every week, so it's also worth a cruise over other times if you're in the area or passing by!

Here's the link & schedule:
http://cruisingrand.com/events/calendar/upcoming

PS - that final week Nitro thing is a drag race in the street, from what my Escon buddy Mike has told me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shocked[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/new_shocked.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Jumpy.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 15 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #7

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) Ruck on!!
(yup, it's almost Rugby world Cup time again! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) )

1 week to go & I count 4 914s entered for judging - including SoCalAndy & Dave/toolguy from here (there 2 may be members here too) ..... but none in display as yet - although there could be some in both since not all on the list at the link below ...

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...F4#.Vc_MMX0YHYg

This is the deal of the year for display cars at $10 - p34s they wa5ved a33 3ate entry 4pcharges - & the $15 box lunch is optional - so where are a33 the Teeners want5ng this type of very reasonable pricing to show off your 914s to all the world!!??

Register & schedule is here .....

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/concou...04#.Vc_MLH0YHYh

Come on out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Tom
///////

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 15 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #8

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

PS - there's also the Cruisin Grand event in Escondido the evening before for the locals & early birds - see the link at post #5 above.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Aug 21 2015, 02:37 PM
Post #9

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

got gas and got hit waiting to pull out of the station (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) . buckled up the inside of the truck too. So far a great response from Hagerty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Aug 21 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 21 2015, 01:37 PM) *

got gas and got hit waiting to pull out of the station (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) . buckled up the inside of the truck too. So far a great response from Hagerty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

sorry that happened to your beautiful car! But good to know Hagerty is giving you a good respnse! Take care!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 21 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #11

TMI....

Holy shit Andy! What a pisser!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Hey, there is a judging exclusion for when stuff like this happens on the way to or in preparation for a Concours. So I'll email Bev Gould & ask her if this qualifies since you've already paid for the entry.

What happens is that they ignore the damaged area in judging (exterior, undercarriage, etc. as affected).

Will talk by phone later.

Condolences, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Aug 21 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #12

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 21 2015, 04:37 PM) *

Aaaauuuggghhhh!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sb914
post Aug 21 2015, 03:20 PM
Post #13

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 21 2015, 01:37 PM) *

Andy,so sorry, hurts to look at.
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Aug 22 2015, 07:26 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

Oh No! I will be down later this morning to check out the rides.
Hope this doesn't impact the judging for your beautiful car.
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Aug 22 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

Lots of very nice cars! And a beautiful day to show them!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 23 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #16

TMI....

Quick Update....

Andy fared pretty well, as a waiver no-look for that damaged area was granted to all cars in Full Concours, so his usual hi level of prep paid off & he still got top in Class for 914s, but I have no idea on the final scores (4 were very close I think). Unfortunately he can't get the waiver for any of the rest of the shows this year.

Hell or high water, he still needs to either show it once out of state (only Las Vegas So. NV left) or the 2 remaining SoCal ones - SBR in Thousand-jokes (oaks) & GEM in Bakersfield - in order for him to qualify the car for Annual Zone 8 awards.

I'm out of town for the T-jokes & B'field ones - so you guys close enough to support Andy please come out to them. If he can do those - accident repaired or not - I'm pretty sure he'll still win the annual award for 914 Class in Zone 8's Annual Full Concours based on his 4 best scores so far this season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Annual scores can be found on the Zone 8 website's Concours page at a link there, or maybe it's under Events > Results > Concours ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

Unfortunately he needed some really high scores on this & the next 2 events to have a shot at the top dawg overall for the year in Zone 8 Concours Div. - so maybe next year since he gets so into these as a competitor who hates to be beat! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I told him that he could just do nothing more with the car, enter & show up, & take all the resultant deducts - so he'll qualify for Zone 8 annual awards - but that he's probably too anal to do that. He agreed, so the car will probably still be beautifully prepared - whether or not the accident damage can be done in time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif)

Dave's silver 6 & a new to me gorgeous Delphi Green Metallic (Saturngelb-Metallic) L99A/Biege `73 914-2.0 was in Full at SDR yesterday also, but the latter was his first in Full & not as well prepared for judging in the nooks & crannies & undercarriage where we look.

Mark the owner of the 73 is from LA area somewhere - nice guy - & we encouraged him to get on 914world.

We were bombed with 10 cars in Full (biggest Div. there & biggest Full that I've ever judges since `09), so I got ZERO pix.

BTW, they had an excellent Taco Bar for the $15 lunch if you ate there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Andy, Dave, Mike/Sarah (hats look GREAT!) & anyone else who came down Sat. & got pix, please do post them here for everyone.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 23 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #17

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Post yer pix please! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

TIA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 10 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #18

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) for Sept. 16 2017! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Remember that there is now a 914/914-6 Class in Wash & Shine Division since last year, & in all other Divisions except Ubergang (for new Porsches without easy/much engine access).

Also remember that you can enter an engine swapped Porsche - including 914s - in the Special Categories Division SC-1 - & if you track/AX your 914 or other Porsche, then you can do SC-2.

Display is FREE for Corral & Timeline, lunch is extra & optional for Display. I'm not sure if it's included with the Judged Entry fee.

So Enter for Judging, Display or just go to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) on Porsches! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:53 PM