Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Featured Model at PCA OCR Feb 6 Breakfast, & 1/16 Porsches & Doughnutz at Krispy Kreme Orange
Tom_T
post Jan 7 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

UPDATE: It's this Saturday! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

If you're not a PCA member yet, the Membership Chair or someone should have some info & complimentary issue of Pando (OCR) &/or Panorama (PCA) magazines there to coax you to join! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

AFAIK, members of other Regions of PCA (hte local chapters, if you will) are welcome too. Breakfast is something reasonable like $12 per person IIRC for a great buffet breakfast, & spouses/S.O.s/kids/or?? are welcome too - $24 per couple IIRC.

v
v
v

Our 914s will be among the featured Porsche models in the 2/6/16 "Porsche Alley" display at this next month's PCA OC Region Breakfast Meeting = along with fellow NARPies 924/944/968 & 928 front engine water-cooled orphans (to the tail-dragger crowd at least ;-).

It's 8-10-ish am on the first Saturday every month, at Original Mike's (100 S. Main @ 1st St. in Santa Ana) - IIRC it's $12 per person for a buffet Breakfast with loads of great food & some selected Porsche speaker prez. (I think Zwart was featured recently, but I don't know who for Feb). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Open to members & anyone who wants to check out becoming a member by meeting folks there. So lets have a good 914er showing! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/olympic914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/andy914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aubergine914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuchia914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grasshopper914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ravenna914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) Feel free to post your pix of the events above & below on here if you want.

Also, the monthly Porsches & Doughnutz will be on 1/16/16 8-10-ish am at the Krispy Kreme in Orange at The Outlets/The Block off the GG Fwy 22 at State College/The City Drive exit by the TGIFs there.

This is a FREE & open event to any & all comers, with or without a P-car (they park away from the P-cars in next row[s]). Come out & (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) & (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) & meet some folks. .... you buy the coffee & gut bombs if wanted! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/coffee.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Maybe a breakfast kick-off before you head on up to the Zone 8 Concours & Annual Awards Banquet up in Warner Center? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

And guess what, they actually like our 914s now! .... with many having owned one or more back in the day, so nore more outcast vibes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

There are CWs, AXers, DEers, TTers, Ralliers, Racers, & informal types in the club, so no matter what your "Thang" is - you'll find someone with like interests in PCA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Come on out!

BTW - PCA membership is only $46/yr for 2 memberships (member + associate: wife, SO, GF, kid, buddy, dog, whatever!) - & that includes 12 months of Panorama ~ which is no equal or better than Excellence for the same price (esp. now with Pete Stout onboard & over from Excellence) - plus 12 months of Pandomoneum "Pando" the OCR magazine (or your local region's magazine), & many free & modest cost events, plus the pay as you go AX, Track, Rally & Concours etc. events.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Marv's3.6six
post Jan 14 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #2

Actual member 7"

Member No.: 3,165

Anybody here going to this on Saturday?

OCR PCA Krispy Kreme Gathering

Porsches & Doughnutz will be on 1/16/16 8-10-ish am at the Krispy Kreme in Orange at The Outlets/The Block off the GG Fwy 22 at State College/The City Drive exit by the TGIFs there.

+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jan 14 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

I'll make the 2/6/16 date.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
PlantMan
post Jan 14 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,352

I may drop by without my car....if you saw my car you would know why!
I hope this does not interfere with my fishing that weekend.......

Thanks Tom for the 411 on the PCA membership.
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jan 14 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

I used to take the 914 to this event many times. I just got tired of the PCA folks with their noses in the air. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) If I was really lucky, maybe one of them would even talk to me about my car. The dough nuts were great however. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 15 2016, 03:23 PM
Post #6

TMI....

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 14 2016, 05:29 PM) *

I used to take the 914 to this event many times. I just got tired of the PCA folks with their noses in the air. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) If I was really lucky, maybe one of them would even talk to me about my car. The dough nuts were great however. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Elliot - the taildragger crowd is much better nowadays, & many had 914s back in the day. We're finally getting respect.

This one with the "Porsche Alley" 914 etc. display is at the Original Mike's in Santa Ana & is a full buffet breakfast of some pretty good food, plus usually an interesting speaker/prez, plus some general meeting BS which I usually ignore mostly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I agree about the doughnuts though, as I'm not a Krispy Kreme "industrial doughnut factory" fan - so I usually pick up either Winchells or the local independent shops' "hand-made" gut bombs & take them over! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The 3rd Sat Doughnuts event tomorrow is different than the full buffet breakfast on 1st Sat mornings.

There also was a PCA informal dinner at Woody's burger Barn in HB last nite (Thurs) - which is also on the OCR Calendar online every month on 2nd Thursday evenings at 6 pm (hard for many to make).

OCR & most of the Regions (think of them as the local chapters) have several low/no cost gatherings each month.

Elliot - I think your local Central Coast Region has some breakfast & other informal gatherings too, but they stopped the Concours a while back & don't seem to have their act together for 2016 yet either.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 15 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #7

TMI....

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Jan 14 2016, 04:56 PM) *

Porsches & Doughnutz will be on 1/16/16 8-10-ish am at the Krispy Kreme in Orange at The Outlets/The Block off the GG Fwy 22 at State College/The City Drive exit by the TGIFs there.

I'm trying to get over there, but it will depend upon how early I have to get out to drive the 2-3 hrs. up to Warner Center to help judge at that Zone 8 Concours, & how early I need to be there.

If I make it, I'll be in the blue 88 VW Westy van, since they've requested it's presence - or at least that of the awning attached to it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Go anyway & meet some nice folks & talk Porsches! They always like the 914s whenever one shows up when I've been there. It's now a classic to most P-folks.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 15 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #8

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 14 2016, 05:29 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Hell Elyut, your lucky if someone talks to you at a GnR and you expect the ass draggers to hang with you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jan 15 2016, 03:52 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

I'm in pencil for 2-16.

Car will be up on jackstands for a while after that until the R 66 for some front end work.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jan 15 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

.... I talk to Ellyut when I see him? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
sb914
post Jan 15 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #11

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Long beach chapter meets 1st Saturday of month in seal beach at glory days.
There pretty cool, there's even a few teeners in the group.there going to run a story on my car and my friends car in the next issue of circuit magazine.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 15 2016, 04:09 PM
Post #12

TMI....

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jan 15 2016, 02:05 PM) *

Long beach chapter meets 1st Saturday of month in seal beach at glory days.
There pretty cool, there's even a few teeners in the group.there going to run a story on my car and my friends car in the next issue of circuit magazine.

Might I suggest that you do a new topic with the link to that article, whenever GPX gets it on their website? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Think of it as sharing - if bragging bothers you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I suggest that for everyone who is getting some notice of our 914s out there too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Marv's3.6six
post Jan 15 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #13

Actual member 7"

Member No.: 3,165

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 15 2016, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Jan 14 2016, 04:56 PM) *

I'm trying to get over there, but it will depend upon how early I have to get out to drive the 2-3 hrs. up to Warner Center to help judge at that Zone 8 Concours, & how early I need to be there.

If I make it, I'll be in the blue 88 VW Westy van, since they've requested it's presence - or at least that of the awning attached to it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Go anyway & meet some nice folks & talk Porsches! They always like the 914s whenever one shows up when I've been there. It's now a classic to most P-folks.

Tom
///////

Am planning on going, will be there 8:30ish .... hope to see y'all there!
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jan 16 2016, 09:47 AM
Post #14

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 14 2016, 05:19 PM) *

I'll go to. We can sit at the 914 table. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/morning1.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 17 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #15

TMI....

Marv showed up Sat. morn at the Krispy Kreme OCR gathering with his Bichen Silver 3.6L original 6 & had a crowd of tail-dragger types around talking with him! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

... no noses in air! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

I had to leave about 9:30 to get up to Woodland Hills, so don't know if any other Teeners showed up with or w/out their 914s.

I'll see if I can talk the other half into going to the Original Mike's breakfast from the OP above, but it will be sans 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) .... either the 88 Westy or 85 325e.

BTW - there were 2 beautiful 914s entered at the first Zone 8 Concours at Warner Center/Woodland Hills - a `70 Tangerine/Black 914-6 & a Delphi Green/Beige `73 914-2.0 - as well as another 70 -6 & a 74 2L "visiting".

Plus our Head Judge has an original -6 & several other judges yesterday were or are still 914 owners. So no pinkies nor noses in the air then either! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 17 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #16

TMI....

QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 16 2016, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 14 2016, 05:19 PM) *

I'll go to. We can sit at the 914 table. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/morning1.gif)

More like - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/coffee.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jan 18 2016, 02:50 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

We have BS in my country and in my town,local Porsche club guys are generally ok but some are some tainted with oh its a 944 or isn't a 914 a VW, I don't really care cause I have always done my own thing.
Sad really as it would be nice to meet up with like minded car guys how like the brand..what ever model.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 18 2016, 02:05 PM
Post #18

TMI....

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 18 2016, 12:50 AM) *

We have BS in my country and in my town,local Porsche club guys are generally ok but some are some tainted with oh its a 944 or isn't a 914 a VW, I don't really care cause I have always done my own thing.
Sad really as it would be nice to meet up with like minded car guys how like the brand..what ever model.

Dean - imagine their surprise to find out that Porsche actually produced 17+/- "Porsche B32 Carrera" Vanagons! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

... oh, & then there's the modern VW-Porsche in the Cayenne/Tauoreg, not to mention that ALL 356's are mostly VW parts bin cars! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I think it's more education needed - or else, as they say here about some of the Corvette guys - a "small parts" compensation problem! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Cheers Mate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Jan 19 2016, 04:01 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946

I've been a member of PCA OCR for 3 years now and never made it to one of these. Hopefully this will be the one!
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jan 19 2016, 11:35 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 7 2016, 11:40 AM) *

Our 914s will be among the featured Porsche models in the 2/6/16 "Porsche Alley" display at this next month's PCA OC Region Breakfast Meeting = along with fellow NARPies 924/944/968 & 928 front engine water-cooled orphans (to the tail-dragger crowd at least ;-).

It's 8-10-ish am on the first Saturday every month, at Original Mike's (100 S. Main @ 1st St. in Santa Ana) - IIRC it's $12 per person for a buffet Breakfast with loads of great food & some selected Porsche speaker prez. (I think Zwart was featured recently, but I don't know who for Feb). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Open to members & anyone who wants to check out becoming a member by meeting folks there. So lets have a good 914er showing! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/olympic914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/andy914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aubergine914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuchia914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grasshopper914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ravenna914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) Feel free to post your pix of the events above & below on here if you want.

Also, the monthly Porsches & Doughnutz will be on 1/16/16 8-10-ish am at the Krispy Kreme in Orange at The Outlets/The Block off the GG Fwy 22 at State College/The City Drive exit by the TGIFs there.

This is a FREE & open event to any & all comers, with or without a P-car (they park away from the P-cars in next row[s]). Come out & (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) & (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) & meet some folks. .... you buy the coffee & gut bombs if wanted! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/coffee.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Maybe a breakfast kick-off before you head on up to the Zone 8 Concours & Annual Awards Banquet up in Warner Center? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

And guess what, they actually like our 914s now! .... with many having owned one or more back in the day, so nore more outcast vibes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

There are CWs, AXers, DEers, TTers, Ralliers, Racers, & informal types in the club, so no matter what your "Thang" is - you'll find someone with like interests in PCA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Come on out!

BTW - PCA membership is only $46/yr for 2 memberships (member + associate: wife, SO, GF, kid, buddy, dog, whatever!) - & that includes 12 months of Panorama ~ which is no equal or better than Excellence for the same price (esp. now with Pete Stout onboard & over from Excellence) - plus 12 months of Pandomoneum "Pando" the OCR magazine (or your local region's magazine), & many free & modest cost events, plus the pay as you go AX, Track, Rally & Concours etc. events.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Tom
///////

Tom who do I talk to about my membership...I never got my pando? I emailed with no luck...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 AM