Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> flywheel wear specs?
Rusty
post May 1 2005, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Does anyone have the wear specs for a 914/4 flywheel handy? I had them saved on my system, but can't find them at all.

My flywheel has been resurfaced and the tops of the bolts ground down. Disk and pressure plate look pretty new - can't complain about that.

I got the gearbox clean today, and I'm wearing most of the filth. Three cans of brake cleaner and 30 minutes at my local self-serve carwash. (My father's family is from Michigan, so we call them quarter-washes. No one I talk to has heard that name before. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) )

-Rusty (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RustyWa
post May 1 2005, 11:14 AM
Post #2

Working Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 72

I think there is some confusion on the wear specs for the flywheels. There are a couple of threads here, where people had said they received brand new flywheels and that they were below the wear specs.

It would be nice to have a good number as I am curious also.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post May 1 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

the factory manual says the minimum thickness for the center bolt flange area is 3.2mm from the top of the needle bearing. I assume you can mill that to spec so the contact surface works.
screw milling off the bolt heads, mill the bolting surface to have a proper relationship to the flywheel clutch surface. Most shops just resurface the flywheel clutch surface so then you have to grind off the bolts, way Mickey Mouse!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:00 PM