Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This bushing is not my friend, Something always goes bad before AX
eeyore
post May 13 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,533
Region Association: None

Yesterday as I'm adjusting the valves on my car I notice that something is a little off with the driver's side trailing arm. I reach up and wiggle it. The inside end of the trailing arm can move a quarter inch up and down (6mm for Sir Andy). Great, I have to replace the thing, and only one day to get new parts shipped.

I was under the car 2 weeks ago, fiddling with shim stacks and am quite sure there wasn't any problem then, so I suspect the problem was at the breaking point when I started the dual AX / DE weekend 2 weeks ago. It must have let go the 2nd day.

So I guess I am saying, check bushings often if you still have originals.

Many thanks to Ira Ramin (of Tarett) for getting me a set of replacement bushings tonight.

NOTE: I did not move that broken bushing, that is how it came out of the car.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Cloudbuster   This bushing is not my friend   May 13 2005, 11:18 PM
Cloudbuster   Bad bushings also help the tire and inner fender g...   May 13 2005, 11:20 PM
Travis Neff   Doh! that is one sure way of removing the und...   May 13 2005, 11:28 PM
Dr Evil   So, did it work out, or do you need me to come ove...   May 13 2005, 11:32 PM
Aaron Cox   shit. you have confirmed a fear of mine. car was ...   May 14 2005, 12:12 AM
RustyWa  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:54 PM