Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Won't start, What to check?
ThinAir
post May 26 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Best friends

Group: Members
Member No.: 231
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'm trying to get the newly overhauled 2.0L Type IV engine started for the first time. I know I have fuel pressure and spark. I have not pulled a spark plug yet to see if I have fuel in the cylinders, but I suspect that the FI system is not powered so the injectors aren't firing.

I won't be able to work on this again until Monday and I'll be spending some time with the wiring diagrams between now and then, but I figured it was worth asking here for some pointers of things to check.

I've got a brand new Bowlsby ignition wiring harness. Besides the engine cranking, but never even coughing (much less firing), the only other indication I have is that I have no oil pressure indicator light. I've checked all the ignition and FI harness connections, including the trigger points and the grounds under the air filter.

Anyone got any ideas?

This post has been edited by ThinAir914: May 26 2005, 11:16 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 12:22 AM