Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 3.6 Oil Line Routing, My take on a common must-do
RON S.
post Jun 1 2005, 05:05 AM
Post #1

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Group: Members
Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

I saw a previous posting from KerryH on a question of oil line sizing and fittings.

I thought I'd post some pics as to how I did mine in my 3.6 914-6.

I did all my line in -16 Aeroquip Startlite hose.Originally I did it in braided ss hose but switched to the lite-weight startlite.I found that the startlite with the kevlar sheilding instead of the ss is much easier to work with.It bends alot easier,no bloody fingers from being poked w/ wires,and it won't ruin your fittings,when you take them apart to re-use them for another application.
I got all the stuff from the website below.He's a local guy buying Nascar takeoff from local race teams.To give an example,the -16 Startlite,I bought a 25' roll,it was brand new,never used,and $2.50 a foot.
If ya think that ain't reasonable,check your local aeroquip guy for his price on this stuff.
race parts
My oil supply pipe on my car I make myself from 1" lum.conduit and a couple of old -16 fittings.
the oil return pipe is a 911 line I got at Hershey this year for 20.00,I heated it,formed it,then tigged on a -16 fitting to the end.I covered everything in aeroquip fireshield.
Both line cost less than $100.00 total but a lot of trial an error fitting to look cosmetically correct.
Originally the oil supply line was done from hose,but I didn't like the look,cause it looked clumsy and bulky.Hense,I made a hard line from alum.

Hope you all enjoy

Ron

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RON S.   3.6 Oil Line Routing   Jun 1 2005, 05:05 AM
RON S.   Next pic. R   Jun 1 2005, 05:06 AM
RON S.   Next pic R   Jun 1 2005, 05:07 AM
RON S.   Next pic R   Jun 1 2005, 05:07 AM
RON S.   Last pic R   Jun 1 2005, 05:08 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:04 AM