Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fresh Air Control Slider is loose, slips out of "track"
carl k
post Feb 18 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,440
Region Association: None

My otherwise good condition heater/air control panel has a loose upper lever. This is the one that controls the fresh air fan.

Attached Image

The lever slides side to side well, but also moves in and out because the nub that's supposed to be constrained in the slot is worn (the slot is worn also).

Attached Image

Is there any way to correct this? The interesting thing is I see four detents (for each fan position) that would correspond with a spring-loaded plunger, but there's no plunger on the upper lever. There are black plastic plungers with sprung clips on the lower levers, though, but no detents!

Attached Image

Thanks,
Carl
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Feb 19 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,019
Region Association: None

I am rebuilding my slider controls at this time as well. You are correct the upper slider is the one that should have the spring detent spring and nylon nub. Instead the lower 2 sliders have them with nothing to index onto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

You are also correct the upper slider detent divots correspond with the three fan positions. I took apart another slider and installed the detent spring on the upper and the fan position points are now 'detented' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As for the slider coming out of it's track. You can try putting a drop of oil in the first joint. when that one joint stiffens up it will force the slider out of it's track. the next thing you can do is disassemble the main pivot and lightly bend the lever sheet metal so it puts a tad more force onto keeping the nub in the track. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 02:35 PM