Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Starting on the 74LE engine bay, Auxiliary valve and wiring
robkammer
post Oct 23 2021, 07:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,049
Region Association: North East States

Hey All! I'm getting back into my new LE after finishing the brakes and putting some miles on the car. In prep for my winter list I adjusted the valves and am installing new plugs, wires and hoses. The old plugs looked great when they came out with a nice light brown color. When I pulled the air filter housing i found the valve in the picture just laying loose and some pretty sketchy wiring that comes from the regulator board.
Can someone send a picture of where this valve should be mounted? The bracket and screws are attached but I don't see where it may have been mounted.
The small gauge white wires seem to send info to the main boards 5 pin connector from various senders. These wires are cracked and also just laying on top of the motor. The easy fix would be some liquid tape but I'm wondering if this is a part of the harness that can be easily replaced.
I recall seeing a link to someone who made some really nice new harness sections but since I've been away I can't seem to find it.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 03:17 AM