Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Driving Yesteday..., Almost lost it in the /6
Rusty
post Aug 24 2003, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Speed is seductive, especially in a 914. I had been driving several hours, cruising between 85 and 105. Clear blue sky, nice reading on the temp gauge, my Diet Coke in a cooler, sweet crisp sound of the /6 behind my head. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

After a while, it just doesn't seem that fast, ya know? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

At the time, I was going 95-100 on the freeway. The road wasn't the greatest in my lane, so I decided to move over. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)

OMG! I felt like I was on the SS Minnow. The car was tilting back and forth, and I almost put it sideways into a concrete retaining wall. The only thought in my mind was... "oh shit - another factory /6 in the graveyard." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Both hands gripping the Momo steering wheel with white knuckles, I pointed in one direction and increased speed (for just a moment that felt like 2-3 minutes) until the car stopped rocking... then I slowed down and made my lane change. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

I *really* need to get that front sway bar hooked up today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 11:07 PM