Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hello! Checking in from Alaska
Rhodes71/914
post May 9 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Glacier

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,482

Managed to get the 914 out of the driveway (not an easy chore since I had just got my syncro vanagon stuck) the other day and took it for a drive. The first drive of the season is always so much fun, it was even nice enough to take the top off.

It reminded me that I hadn't been here in a while and so I thought that I would check in. I used to live in Oregon and had a desk job that gave me plenty of time to spend here. My move to Alaska got me back into commercial fishing and I just got back from the Bering Sea so when I'm home my time is spent doing other things. Like trying to keep all my older cars running.

The 914 is running great and is my daily driver when I am home in the summer. I live 25 miles from the harbor and half of it is corners so the car gets used properly. I must say that the Alaska roads are a little tough on it, lost the valance last summer, and the paint is a little rough but it still is a blast to drive.

Anyway I'm glad to see this sight is here, keep up the good work.

Sean

PS For those fans of Deadliest Catch here's a pic from a real highliner

(IMG:http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o247/seanrh/icedup.jpg)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:39 PM