Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The 911 style dash for a 914, Installing a Getty Dash help page...
Rockaria
post Feb 17 2004, 11:46 AM
Post #1

ZippidyDoDah...

Group: Members
Member No.: 645
Region Association: None

Hello All,

I have been excited for a few weeks now. I have installed a Getty Dash in my 914 and wanted to post info an pictures for anone who may be interested. There is not much info and differing opinions on the Getty dash out there right now. So this is why I have made a web page of my project.

(IMG:http://lib.nmsu.edu/~clandt/914/gettydash/914dash22.jpg)

To sum it up. Getty Still makes the dash ($225 plus shipping) and YES it is worth the install. Every bad word I have heard about it just was not true. The dash is a direct fit (Though I do not know about the very early 914s) My car is a 75. I think 1972-76 are the same. You can see the gauges just fine. The Original gauge cluster support did not need cutting off to fit the gauges, they all fit just fine. And you can install it withe the winshild in.

But enough of that here. There is a ton of info on my getty 914 dash page:

http://lib.nmsu.edu/~clandt/914/gettydash/index.html

[Oh before I forget and someone opens their mouth on it... Yes I have two clocks! I am waiting for my Head Temp gauge to arrive that will replace the small clock on the lower console... The gauges I have now are, oil temp, volt, air/fuel meter, oil presure, and the rest. so the dash works perfectly with the nice center console without duplication.]

I hope this helps... Enjoy,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Rockaria   The 911 style dash for a 914   Feb 17 2004, 11:46 AM
JmuRiz   You going for the whole 911 look w/ that dash and ...   Feb 17 2004, 12:20 PM
Air_Cooled_Nut   WOW! Looks great and THANK YOU for the write-...   Feb 17 2004, 12:26 PM
Rockaria     Feb 17 2004, 12:37 PM
tat2dphreak   :clap: wow!!! that looks great! ...   Feb 17 2004, 01:26 PM
Rockaria   ...   Apr 12 2004, 01:15 PM
Eddie Williams   I wonder if they'd do just the instrument clus...   Apr 12 2004, 03:58 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 06:24 AM