Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Not sure what to do to preserve this 914.
daytona
post Sep 14 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #1

daytona

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,249
Region Association: South East States

Hi guys,
I posted this in another thread but did not get any response. Maybe I posted it in the wrong place, so here it goes again.

Hi guys,
Looking at the photos of the beige 914 is humbling, and brings up a couple of questions about my 74 914.
I recently purchased 74' 914 that is in very good condition. No rust that can be found, and it has obviously been well taken care of during its life. The car was originally signal orange, but a previous owner had the exterior repainted in the incorrect "Tangerine orange". The trunks, door jambs and engine area are still the original signal orange but it does have scuff marks and scratches. I want to repaint the car the original color. Should I also repaint the interior areas or should I leave those with the original paint with its patina?
Also, even though the car has no rust on the rockers and hell hole and it does not sag, it was suggested that I weld in a stiffener kit to preserve integrity and prevent future sagging. Is this something that I should do to preserve the car? Even if the car is solid?
Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions.
Bill.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:13 AM