Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Monday's a/x report for 6/12/06, Post how you did over the weekend...
URY914
post Jun 12 2006, 07:52 AM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Let's start a series of threads where everyone posts how they did, what problems you may have and so forth. Maybe the sharing of info can help us all beat the rice burners. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'll start:
I awoke to a typical muggy Florida morning.....ok I won't tell the WHOLE story (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Good things: Last week I pulled the engine and I seemed to have cured the oil leak that was flinging oil everywhere. And I found a valve that was too tight that was causing popping and farting. I had no problems with these two things yestersday.

Bad things: 1) I still have a hot start problem. After making one run I can shut it off on the grid and it will restart for the next run after about 15 minutes. But after the second run it will not restart and I have to sit in the car to keep it running as it won't idle by itself. The starter is turning over but it won't fire off. I need to check my timing. 2) I need to fab some sort of firewall behind my seat. After two runs the back of my aluminum seat is would make a nice frying pan. 3) I need to do an alinement job. I haven't checked it in awhile. 4) The car is still faster than I am, I should have done better.

I got four runs in before the rain it. So I packed up and went home. I'm taking July and August off. Too damn hot here.

Paul
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
URY914   Monday's a/x report for 6/12/06   Jun 12 2006, 07:52 AM
itsa914   :trophy: :driving: DSP and I even had someone to ...   Jun 12 2006, 12:36 PM
groot  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:25 AM