Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question about 1.8 heads
HotRod
post Aug 15 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 142

About four years ago I purchased an engine that included a pair of 1.8 heads that were not usable for my purposes (SCCA F Prod). The heads have 48mm intake and I think 39mm ex valves in them. There doesn't appear to be any porting, polishing, flycutting or machining done on them except for the larger valve size and for using dual springs.

My question is what are the uses for these heads? I've seen the 48mm valve heads offered as a machining service by FAT. Are these a common set up for drag racing? They came on a motor using old Venolia domed pistons but the valve head was too big to fit in the valve pocket and had damages the pistons where they touched. Are these heads used with flat tops? Anyone aware of any other set up that uses these type heads?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:38 PM