Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cheap Engines, 1911 cc - 100 hp
Levi
post Oct 1 2004, 10:49 AM
Post #41

Lick my nuts

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,783

Jake settle down...I wasn't dissin you or your parts, I'd love it if I could afford them, The point is I can't, because they are not inexpensive....TO ME....
I build Small Block Chevys and I buy engine kits for $250.00. so $3000.00 seems like a lot of cash to me!
I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion, but if you can read my posts without thinking I'm pissing on your good name you will see it wasn't ment to be malicious.
The reason I bought a 914 to begin with is
#1 I love em
#2 I thought they where reliable
#3 I thought they where inexpensive to repair
As it turns out only number 1 applys
My perception of you and your business is this, Your very good at what you do, you do only the very best work with the very best parts and it all costs a lot of money...now tell me you've never heard that before? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Oct 1 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #42

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Levi,
Sorry for snapping. Sometimes I just take things the wrong way. Thank you for the compliments.

I am not an egotistical asshole.. I mean to get a point across. I'm not here to sell stuff, most of my sales come from guys that don't even own a computer!
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Oct 1 2004, 11:12 AM
Post #43

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Yes, Levi, nicely put.

High quality is always high dollar.

We all have to decide where the dollars go.
Unfortunatly, we all tend to prove it to ourselves and end up spending more time and money in the long run.

I see this everytime I tear out a failed tile job done by a novice. I think human nature is the factor we're seeing here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I like to refer to it as " shopping for Porsche on a Pinto budget ". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

We all do it.

KT
+Quote Post
Levi
post Oct 1 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #44

Lick my nuts

Member No.: 1,783

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 1 2004, 10:08 AM)
Levi,
Sorry for snapping. Sometimes I just take things the wrong way. Thank you for the compliments.

I am not an egotistical asshole.. I mean to get a point across. I'm not here to sell stuff, most of my sales come from guys that don't even own a computer!

Hey its all good... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I am not an egotistical asshole

Oh sure you are... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
lagunero
post Oct 1 2004, 04:48 PM
Post #45

Donkey Member

Member No.: 1,531

Okay.....getting back to the Cheap Engines and before Slits decides to offer a poem, what carbs or FI are recommended for these?
+Quote Post
McMark
post Oct 1 2004, 04:52 PM
Post #46

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I would guess stock 2.0 FI or 40 IDFs would work well, depending on the cam. You could go with aftermarket FI as well. I'll bet the cam can be adjusted to your induction needs.
+Quote Post
914forme
post Oct 3 2004, 06:12 PM
Post #47

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Jake, You thinking of doing any other kits, I need to get a good 2.2L four togther for the class I am going to be running in.

Really 2.199999999 you get the idea.

anyway I like short stroke big bore engines, I currently run an nice 2069 just about like you are specing. Don't want to do the 6 sing, like driving the 4 like I stole it.

Anyway, I know you are booked, so if you where to spec out a 2.19999 what would it be, need to build before next March.

I am thinking 103 Nickies and 1.8L bottom end with 2.0L heads, I know you don't give out your cam grinds, so I will have ta go that alone, and hope for the best.

Have the tools and like you been doing it since I was a kid, not 10 like you, I was 6, when I started wrencing on 914s. Engine rebuilds came at age 14.

Waiting for your DTM 914 conversion and some other small parts.

Thanks!
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Oct 4 2004, 08:39 AM
Post #48

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I can do any size "kit" that you want. I can get you right to 2199.9 if you want!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 06:47 PM