Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what you using for fuel line replacement, (help) is everyone sick of this topic?
Mueller
post Mar 4 2003, 12:16 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Rich said:  Like I said I was looking for facts based on knowledge not speculation.

For facts and knowledge, one would need to contact the manufacture of the tubing, just by going on the premise that someone here said they have used it with no problem is not good enough when it comes to safety unless a large enough majority in varieing enviroments have tested this tubing. Also, the tubing from HD might be different coast to coast.

One thing I do not like about the plastic line is that you have no ridge or lip for the hose and clamp to secure against. If you use a regular cheap @ss hose clamp you have a great chance of the hose slipping off of the tubing....I've had this happen with the factory plastic line since the PO used the wrong hose clamp.
If you or anyone switches to a hard line (SS, Copper, Aluminum, etc....) a small flare should be made at the end of the line.

You have too much work into your car to save $5 bucks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 4 2003, 12:48 AM
Post #22

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

ChrisReale, HEY! YOU WEREN't GIVEN ME DA BOYD WAS YA! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (lol) That's what I did. But I decided to edit it out. It was kinda immature. But then I did say something nice about URY914 project.

Mueller, Thanks for the input. Did you see my pressure test?

New question on the same subject.

Would you remove good factory lines on your STREET car and replace them with hard lines if there was nothing wrong with them?

I'm not convinced I should pull my factory linesand toss them. Maybe I can add a hard line to replace the 8" end piece I damaged.
+Quote Post
MarkV
post Mar 4 2003, 01:12 AM
Post #23

Fear the Jack Stands

Member No.: 154

I have seen the cross linked polyethylene installed. They use a tool that resembles a exhaust pipe expander. Pump the tool 3 or 4 times and then only have 30 seconds to install a barbed male adapter. Once the polyethylene returns to its original size it is permanent, no clamp required. The fittings are probably only probably only available in standard 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" pipe thread. From what I understand they have been using this stuff in Europe for 25 years. Just got accepted in US building codes in the last 5 or 6 years.

What can I say, I sell houses for a living. Too many This Old House re-runs.

Mark

73 2.0
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Mar 4 2003, 01:20 AM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Mark,

This method is exactly what Porsche used for the BRAKE lines that go into the master cylinder.

B
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 4 2003, 03:42 PM
Post #25

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Ya, What MarkV and "B" said just ran a bell. My BMW 2002 has this type of line running from the master cylinder fill tank to the hydraulic clutch slave. No clamps.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 09:54 PM