Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing new carpets: how hard is it?, Need some advice and tips
rwilner
post Jun 23 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #21

No Ghosts in the Machine

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,530
Region Association: North East States

My morph kit is on the way, and this thread could not be more timely. thanks to all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Jun 24 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #22

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305
Region Association: None

Hope you have the original center tunnel tray or cushion or either wise you need to re-order a new piece of carpet from them to cover that area up like I need to now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) If I had only known this at first it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

Any more pictures of carpets freshly installed? I always love looking at pictures of fellow teeners cars.
+Quote Post
jcb29
post Jul 1 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,646
Region Association: Central California

Excellent advice and guidance for the similar carpet replacement task I am about to embark upon. Thanks to all.

One additional question that I hope someone can answer - there are some spots of "tar like" material that appear to be seeping out of an "undercoating" layer over the metal pan in several locations of the floor pan. That stuff has bled trough the existing carpet (why I'm replacing it). What is it and how do I prevent it from bleeding through the new replacement carpet?
+Quote Post
Strudelwagon
post Apr 14 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 9,633
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(dem @ Jun 22 2010, 07:58 PM) *

Dem,
where did you buy these carpets and how much???
Thanks
Steve
+Quote Post
dem
post Apr 14 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #25

Rusty Member

Member No.: 11,334
Region Association: Northern California

This is a standard Morph kit, with special order "european loop" in cognac. I think it added about $100-120 to the cost?

See this thread on Morph and brown carpets.

QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Apr 14 2011, 07:21 AM) *

QUOTE(dem @ Jun 22 2010, 07:58 PM) *

Polishing this thread off for Jamie, hopefully this helps, continuing the number coding from above:

Dem,
where did you buy these carpets and how much???
Thanks
Steve

+Quote Post
Strudelwagon
post Apr 14 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 9,633
Region Association: Canada

Thanks Dem
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Apr 15 2011, 05:23 AM
Post #27

914 guy in Japan

Oh ! My old thread got a bump. Cool !! Well, why I am at this I might as well post a picture of my new carpets installed. What a difference!! The Morph kits are well made and you can't beat the price. I also installed a new Momo Prototipo wheel, new 914rubber gear shifter knob, new and correct window regulators, speaker panels from Morph too but no speakers as of yet and a few other little things. My interior is finally starting to take shape. Thanks to everybody for their help with this thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
abnrdo
post Apr 15 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 2,820
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Apr 15 2011, 06:23 AM) *

Oh ! My old thread got a bump. Cool !! Well, why I am at this I might as well post a picture of my new carpets installed. What a difference!! The Morph kits are well made and you can't beat the price. I also installed a new Momo Prototipo wheel, new 914rubber gear shifter knob, new and correct window regulators, speaker panels from Morph too but no speakers as of yet and a few other little things. My interior is finally starting to take shape. Thanks to everybody for their help with this thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Jamie, nice job on the carpet!! I do have to ask a question. I see you have an aluminum pedal board. Didyou cut the carpet at the board or tuck it under behind the board?
-Jim

I am thinking about using my old carpet as a pattern to make new a new carpet kit. Just wondering how you did yours. I like it!!
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Apr 19 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #29

914 guy in Japan

I am missing the stock wooden pedal board so the carpets just fit over the pedals and I bolted the aluminum piece in. It fit nice and wasn't too hard. No cutting, just bolted in easily.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 05:50 AM