Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good stuff at the Prod Racing Forum, My in-car incident video is all the rage
qa1142
post Sep 28 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #21

Whiplash

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,140

hey
Is that his race car in the first picture? or his daily driver? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

http://www.planetmiata.com/index.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 28 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #22

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

He sounds special to me.. Like one of those that rode the short bus kind of "Special".....

I knew that the prick would throw in the lawyer bullshit before it was over with...

degrees and titles won't help you keep from getting your ass beat-... If this would have happened at Road Atlanta a few good ole boys might have taken note and made his grape look like your passenger side door....

What gets me is that it appears after watching the clip a few times that he actually yielded to the midget a bit, right before he started his swerve back across centerline.. but when you came by he actually sped up to catch you and clip you- I think it was pre meditated, as crazy as that may sound!!!!!!!

Damn prick- to think that we did all that work and some driver of a plastic car ruined it- makes me want to rip his balls off..... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
rpmmaxxed
post Sep 28 2005, 09:12 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 4,140
Region Association: Southern California

Tire warming my ass...

That is complete crap.

Pretty much speechless at this point...
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Sep 28 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #24

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Miata driver was crazy and clearly not paying attention. Both of you seemed a little too quick to pass him even after several close calls. Very unfortunate.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 28 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #25

Engine Surgeon

This was the final qualifying session before the race.. Every session before this was plagued with flags and slow cars getting in Chris' way of a good lap time..

Of course he was anxious to get some speed, he had a light fuel load, warm tires and no more chances to get a good starting position... Chris had already planned on geting out, getting to business early on before the flags and then getting a good time and coming in soon to save the tires for the race...

They were probably thinking that the idiot would stop at least shortly after the keyhole and start actually driving the car..

+Quote Post
redshift
post Sep 28 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #26

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Chris, my condolences on the damage to your car, I mean that really hurts me..

I am so sorry you have to share the track with idiots.. I know that's alot of money, hours of planning, and sweat in the pooper, it's such a shame.

If anyone wants all the information unfit to print about that scoundrel, meet me at www.zabbasearch.com

Miles
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 29 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #27

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I've watched the video about 15 times now, and I'm just blown away.
That really sucks...I had hoped that the damage was caused by a racing incident, not a raging idiot.

At least everyone but Matt seems to agree as well.

Put him back in gokarts!
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 29 2005, 12:17 AM
Post #28

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

just caught something new....he sped up through one, THEN started the slow down and scrubbing and weaving...his head clearly wasn't screwed on straight. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
John
post Sep 29 2005, 06:31 AM
Post #29

member? what's a member?

Member No.: 1,615

Racer Chris,

After looking at the video and some of the responces from the other forum, I have the following to offer:

I offer my condolences to the damage to the side of your car (caused by the Miata Driver).

I believe that he is ultimately responsible for that incident as he should not have been still scrubbing tires in the braking zone and should have been aware of the surroundings.

As far as the first incident goes (where you ran into the MG), this was unfortunate. I do feel that the first incident was caused by a few things (mainly by the Miata Driver). First, the Miata driver slowed more than should have been necessary, causing the MG to come to an unexpected stop. I feel like this perhaps could have been avoided, but it definately was not intentional (as was the second incident).

The incident(s) are some of the reasons why I do not participate in any true RACING. I learned many years ago, that there are idiots out there (perhaps only a few) who do not practice "gentlemans" racing in these events. Obviously, the driver of the Miata holds no respect for the safety of themself or the other drivers that they share the racetrack with.

Unfortunately, I feel that this incident is a by-product of RACING (you will have to deal with the idiot drivers).

I will continue to participate/instruct with car club DE events, where we can "unofficially" BAN undesireables.

I do hope that you come to some form of resolution to this situation, and I do hope that it does not include quitting doing something that you apparently enjoy a great deal.

Good luck to you.
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Sep 29 2005, 06:57 AM
Post #30

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

I don't think we should get involved. This is Chris's business and none of use bench racers should contact these people.

Chris has handled this by the rules and should be commended. The rest of us should bug out.

Dave
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Sep 29 2005, 07:48 AM
Post #31

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209

Thanks guys for your support!
Dan, you are correct, this is something that needs to be dealt with by official means within the SCCA, as much as you all want to help bring this douche bag to (frontier) justice.
John, I'm not discouraged by this incident as much as I am drained by the level of effort I undertook this season.
Maybe it was a sign that I shouldn't be taking things quite so seriously, but it isn't gong to stop me from racing.

Miles, I am interested in the dirt that zabbasearch digs up. PM me. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Sep 29 2005, 08:37 AM
Post #32

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

i've heard that there is a lot of "contact" in Spec Miata and perhaps that's where he learned his track manners. once upon a time i was a little interested in Spec Miata but if that's how things are done there, i have no interest whatsoever...

but perhaps the people involved in SM would be interested in keeping this bozo from giving their marque a bad name...
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Sep 29 2005, 08:59 AM
Post #33

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

I don't know Chris, I think you should part the car out and sell me that used motor (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) I got a cool $200 waiting for ya. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif) OK, all kidding aside I have corner worked for a few SCCA national events and I do agree the spec Miata groups are well lets just say interesting to watch (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif) Never a dull moment when they are on the track.

To me that was a lot of "tire warming" if anyone need to do that much then invest in some tire warming equipment. As for "racing" on the out lap, the flag was green Mr Miata had to know there are cars behind him not waiting to watch him"warm his tires". There is no need to use the whole width of the track to do what he needed to do to get his tire warm.

Was Chris a little agressive, maybe but no more than the guy in the MG. Bottom line, its just a car, thank god Chris is still here and unhurt. The car can be fixed, that's racing folks.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 29 2005, 09:03 AM
Post #34

Engine Surgeon

200.00 won't even buy you the valve retainers off that engine!
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Sep 29 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #35

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

I've watched the vid more than a couple of times...
I'm dumbfounded... what a complete and utter moron
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Sep 29 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #36

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Sep 29 2005, 07:03 AM)
200.00 won't even buy you the valve retainers off that engine!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) I know, just pulling his engine I mean leg (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
william harris
post Sep 29 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #37

914 Restorer

Member No.: 1,539

In watching races for over 25 years, I have never seen anything quite like that. How the hell did they give a license to such a complete idiot? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Pompano Beach 914V8
post Sep 29 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 216

Dang! What can you say? I'd say it was drugs but.......it just seems such an insult to drugs.
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Sep 29 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #39

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I spent years learning to control my temper and not use violence a first resort. I can honestly say my resolve would likley have failed as soon as I saw that guy in the pit.

And as far as law suit threats, I like Daddy's approach, so I'm taking a page out of his book: YOU ARE ALL ON NOTICE. From now on, anyone who disagrees me or doesn't have a smile on their face when they read anything I have written, or when they even think about me for that matter, is getting their shorts sued off. When I'm done with you, anything you or any one you've ever met has ever or will ever own will belong to me. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Sheesh, I cringe when other lawyers do the sort of crap the that makes the rest of us look sooo bad. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ar15.gif) That is a perfect example.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Sep 29 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #40

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

holy sh!t Chris.....what an F'n moron the Miata driver is, the "I always do that" is the lamest excuse in the world..talk about being irresponsible and thinking of only himself (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

From watching the video, he knew of the MG passing and should have used his brain to think that "oh yea, someone else might be coming by as well"

not sure why that Matt guy is busting your balls so much on that other site, you must have pissed him off at one time........I see some of his points, but he is taking it too far to pretty much outright "blame" you for the accident(s)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 11:51 PM