Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marcus' Corvair conversion, 914-C6
r3dplanet
post Sep 8 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #321

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,741
Region Association: None

Thanks! I appreciate your help in keeping interest in this project alive. This is a very much "it takes a village" time for me.

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 8 2019, 08:46 AM) *

@slow914 wants a corvair engine.....

Good to hear from you Marcus, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r3dplanet
post Sep 8 2019, 10:53 PM
Post #322

I agree! We're the kind of people that feel better knowing that something cool is coming down the pipe. A trip to make, a project to plan, consumables to buy. I think it creates a sense of the necessity of fulfillment. As in, hey I made these plans so I have to follow through somehow. It's good for continuity.

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 8 2019, 08:10 AM) *

Really sorry to hear this Marcus. I agree that your attitude is inspirational and glad to see that you still have a sense of humor. I have a saying ... laughter is the best medicine that that isn't prescribed often enough.

I keep telling my wife the reason I have so many projects is so I always have something to look forward to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Hang in there. I wish you the best and pray that divine intervention will come your way.

+Quote Post
DaveO90s4
post Sep 9 2019, 04:28 AM
Post #323

Member No.: 19,935

Hey Marcus, in response to your black joke about last words, I thought you might be amused by the following - but you probably know this already. (I’m quite attracted to the words “Wow, what a ride”.)

“Spike Milligan's gravestone quip is nation's favourite epitaph. With the immortal words, 'I told you I was ill', carved onto his tombstone, he undoubtedly got the very last laugh. And now comedian Spike Milligan's famous epitaph has been named the nation's favourite.”

Anon

DaveO
+Quote Post
r3dplanet
post Nov 2 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #324

Alright gang, the project is now for sale.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=341485

Hale and hearty will be the inheritor.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Nov 2 2019, 04:33 PM
Post #325

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

@slow914

"Hale and hearty will be the inheritor."
+Quote Post
914werke
post Aug 7 2020, 10:31 PM
Post #326

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Sep 6 2019, 02:00 AM) *
Dammit. I was hoping to hear how Marcus was doing. Anyone hear from him lately?
@r3dplanet

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
r3dplanet
post Aug 7 2020, 11:21 PM
Post #327

Ha. I suppose I deserve a poke to the face. My cat certainly thinks so.

Sitrep: nobody bought the engine project or even made an offer. Soon I'll have to move out of here and find a smaller place to live. I have to downsize considerably and that means purging most of my cars. The future for the Corvair engine that festoons my living room looks poor. I was *really* hoping to hand off the project to someone else. Now I'm considering just scrapping the engine entirely.

I'm putting the Barracuda up for sale next month. Hopefully it bring in enough to finish the body work on my Beetle. Covid times are bad times to sell sexy Mopars but that's out of my control. That will at least drop my car stable from five to four.

The 914 sits sad alone in the garage for yet another year. I need to find someone who can do engine work and fix the fifty leaks on the 1911 engine after it was "assembled" by a "professional." I just don't have it in me to keep hacking at it. Time to find a good mechanic! I don't want to sell the 914 but I may have to do just that. We'll see. Too early to know at this point. I'd rather hold on to it.

In the springtime I was super sick until mid-May. I'm much better now but have lots of bone pain and weakness. The thought of rolling around the garage floor juggling gearboxes no longer holds any allure for me so the sooner I purge my heavy car projects, the better. I'm happy to be vertical and in good spirits though. It's nice to report good health news for once, not that anyone asked.

So... any takers on a cheap Corvair engine project?

+Quote Post
djway
post Aug 7 2020, 11:58 PM
Post #328

Member No.: 19,266
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Aug 7 2020, 10:21 PM) *

Ha. I suppose I deserve a poke to the face. My cat certainly thinks so.

Sitrep: nobody bought the engine project or even made an offer. Soon I'll have to move out of here and find a smaller place to live. I have to downsize considerably and that means purging most of my cars. The future for the Corvair engine that festoons my living room looks poor. I was *really* hoping to hand off the project to someone else. Now I'm considering just scrapping the engine entirely.

I'm putting the Barracuda up for sale next month. Hopefully it bring in enough to finish the body work on my Beetle. Covid times are bad times to sell sexy Mopars but that's out of my control. That will at least drop my car stable from five to four.

The 914 sits sad alone in the garage for yet another year. I need to find someone who can do engine work and fix the fifty leaks on the 1911 engine after it was "assembled" by a "professional." I just don't have it in me to keep hacking at it. Time to find a good mechanic! I don't want to sell the 914 but I may have to do just that. We'll see. Too early to know at this point. I'd rather hold on to it.

In the springtime I was super sick until mid-May. I'm much better now but have lots of bone pain and weakness. The thought of rolling around the garage floor juggling gearboxes no longer holds any allure for me so the sooner I purge my heavy car projects, the better. I'm happy to be vertical and in good spirits though. It's nice to report good health news for once, not that anyone asked.

So... any takers on a cheap Corvair engine project?

I wish I could. It is a piece of art at minimum.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Aug 8 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #329

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

@slow914

Hi Marcus....this kid got a GF and now is a dreamer...DangIt
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 8 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #330

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Awesome Motor, Marcus, but I already have two 911 motors, a 912 motor and a 914 motor taking up much needed space in my garage (in addition to many boxes of car parts yet to unpack). Recently sold my wife's '99 Beetle and planning to sell my '96 Tacoma, but that still leaves us with 8 other 4-wheeled vehicles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Somebody out here needs to buy it though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
DarkMonohue
post Aug 8 2020, 11:17 AM
Post #331

Member No.: 16,986

I have no money, no time, no space, and no spousal permission. But this is a rad engine and I have wanted a Corvair for thirty years. And I live a hundred miles from Marcus.

Someone please delete this thread before I embarrass myself.
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:34 PM