Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mexican Tires
amfab
post Apr 15 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,004
Region Association: None

I was in Mexico last week and I always wander around a few local stores at some point and i noticed a couple tires that I don't think we can get here. In one store I saw a Goodyear "Direction" and a Michelin "Energy XM2."

What intrigued me was that there were so many 14 inch and 15 inch options. There do not seem to be as many cars down there—at least where I like to go—that have 17 inch+ wheels, so it makes sense.

Anyway, I was looking at the goodyear.com.mx and michelin.com.mx websites and it is interesting that they have quite a few options in the 15 inch sizes like the Pilot Sport in 195/50R15 82V and a whole bunch of 15in options in the performance/touring category like their "Primacy3" which I can't find in the US under 17inch.

I also saw some Goodyear NCT5s in 185/60R14 (HR), 195/65R15 (HR), 205/60R15 (VR) and 215/60R15 (VR)

New tires are a ways off for me—my rust repair is slow going, but I am thinking about just ordering some down there and bringing them up when I am ready. I just thought it was interesting and I would let people know here.

-Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:37 PM