Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MUSR 11 Event Pictures, live upload details inside
scotty b
post Oct 18 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #141

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 18 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #142

rust free you say ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) the green car on the left belonged to two guys that happened to stumble upon us at lunch and ran back to the hotel that afternoon. I did not get a chance to talk to them but I know several other did and can fill in the story.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 18 2010, 08:15 AM
Post #143

rust free you say ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 18 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #144

rust free you say ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) A VERY informative bridge. This kind of info could possibly save a life someday.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 18 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #145

rust free you say ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I have more pics on my phone I will post if they are any good.

There is also aTON of video as many of us were running our go pros the whole time. There was some discussion about just adding links to our individual tube clips instead of loading up this site. If anyone has a better idea chime in. I can promise you, you will want to see these videos....all but Zach. There was some habitual line crossing going on I am sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
jfort
post Oct 18 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #146

Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

enjoyed the pictures. thanks! wish I could have been there
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 18 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #147

rust free you say ?

Oh and Kevin Leesa and I took an " alternate " route back and had an adventure almost as good as the dragon. Leesa has pics and video of it, but here is a teaser (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jaxdream
post Oct 18 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #148

Member No.: 9,270
Region Association: South East States

Great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) pics , look forward to the videos !!!

Jack / Jaxdream
+Quote Post
gasman
post Oct 18 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #149

Member No.: 8,602

What a GREAT time it was.......My wife's Creamsicle and my 76 made it there and back with no problems. For those of you that didn't make it, if your car had a problem, there would be three guys under the car.....a full set of tools....and spare parts in 2 minutes.....and don't forget, if there was a fire....you would have 40 fire extinguishers at the ready....all the 914 cars were happy because they were doing what they were made to do.......90 degree turns.........
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Oct 18 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #150

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

Scotty B.,
Great shots, Thanks for sharing your GREAT photos with us in the 914World.

Sort of curious about the cd someone (who exactly is the owner of the pixs ?) has offered to all of us for $45. Will these photos of Scotty B. and other 914 World teeners who shared their own pixs be on that cd?
That copyrighted photo of Clay driving his 914 needs to be the Poster for this event especially since he and Shoe put their hearts into making it happen for all that went.

MikeCool

QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 18 2010, 09:23 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I have more pics on my phone I will post if they are any good.

There is also aTON of video as many of us were running our go pros the whole time. There was some discussion about just adding links to our individual tube clips instead of loading up this site. If anyone has a better idea chime in. I can promise you, you will want to see these videos....all but Zach. There was some habitual line crossing going on I am sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 18 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #151

rust free you say ?

Mike it is my understanding that CD is offerd by route129 photos. They setup at various points on the road and take pics. Those pics are then available for purchase from their site. Those will also ONLY be pics form the points they set up on at the dragon, they will not be photos of the rest of out time.

As for our trip, my pics are a very small portion of what was taken. Donalds daughter had over 900 pics on the first day alone !!! Give it a day or two and you guys will have more pics then you care to look at (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Oct 18 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #152

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The US129 site hires photographers and stations them on various corners of the Dragon. Click click click click. Business model is pretty easy. They often have their guys on well known corners so the drivers know where they are going to be. Car guys know that the photo guys are going to be there, and where they are going to be. Photo guys take lots of pics and put them on line. Car guys go to the website and buy the pics of their car. If a club rep get in touch with the photo rep, they put deals like this together. It saves the site money in hosted images and bandwidth and builds goodwill.

But photo's like Scott's won't be on it unless some prior deal has been worked out.

Zach
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Oct 18 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #153

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 18 2010, 11:31 AM) *
Sort of curious about the cd someone (who exactly is the owner of the pixs ?) has offered to all of us for $45. Will these photos of Scotty B. and other 914 World teeners who shared their own pixs be on that cd?
That copyrighted photo of Clay driving his 914 needs to be the Poster for this event especially since he and Shoe put their hearts into making it happen for all that went.

MikeCool

The $45 CD of images is from US129photos.com - a professional photo company that shoots on the Dragon every day. I know the owner and he set up the special deal for our group. If you look at his regular pricing, $45 will get you 10 images on CD. So, for the same price, you are getting in the neighborhood of 2,000 images!!!
He actually just randomly picked the shot of Clay for that page. I told him that was the perfect picture since it was of the event organizer.
Brittany had so many pictures that it took more than one DVD and she only had time to burn a few sets. These will be posted by various people on Flikr accounts, etc and I am guessing links will be supplied.
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Oct 18 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #154

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

Thanks Scotty B, Zach and Poorsche914 for the clarity about the cd pixs.
Didn't have a clue until your replies.
As long as I am doing this post, I'll ask, "Are there going to be any text on each photo saying who is in each of the photos shown. Many will be like me wondering whose 914 that is and who are those people in the photos.
With that said, and referring back to Scotty about Donald's daughter photos, I can NEVER see too many 914 pixs no matter if the 914's, their owners and how much they enjoy getting together for these 914world events.
You 914 people ALWAYS keep making each of our days interesting.
That 916 was cool but it took all the 914's to make it GREAT.

Thanks.
MikeCool
PS Special thanks to Sir Andy for the 914world site.

QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 18 2010, 10:36 AM) *

Mike it is my understanding that CD is offerd by route129 photos. They setup at various points on the road and take pics. Those pics are then available for purchase from their site. Those will also ONLY be pics form the points they set up on at the dragon, they will not be photos of the rest of out time.

As for our trip, my pics are a very small portion of what was taken. Donalds daughter had over 900 pics on the first day alone !!! Give it a day or two and you guys will have more pics then you care to look at (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Oct 18 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #155

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 18 2010, 12:25 PM) *
As long as I am doing this post, I'll ask, "Are there going to be any text on each photo saying who is in each of the photos shown. Many will be like me wondering whose 914 that is and who are those people in the photos.

To caption every photo taken would be a colossal undertaking. But I think if the person could add a short caption to each photo he/she posts, that would be nice.
+Quote Post
Live Event Uploader
post Oct 18 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #156

914 Guru

Member No.: 11,722
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/homepage.mac.com-11722-1287426380.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
Live Event Uploader
Post #157

914 Guru

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/homepage.mac.com-11722-1287426396.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
Live Event Uploader
Post #158

914 Guru

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/homepage.mac.com-11722-1287426410.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
Live Event Uploader
post Oct 18 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #159

914 Guru

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/homepage.mac.com-11722-1287426424.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
Live Event Uploader
post Oct 18 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #160

914 Guru

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/homepage.mac.com-11722-1287426438.1.jpg)
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:53 AM