Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bwahaha! No turning back now!, Fun with a body saw.
Mr.C
post Jan 30 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #21

Easy does it

Group: Members
Member No.: 61
Region Association: None

QUOTE (skline @ Jan 30 2005, 04:51 AM)
On another note, Bondo, when you are ready to buy your hoses, I have the perfect place to get them, better, stronger hoses that will last the life of your car and for less than you can buy the Gates green stripe from any of the dealers.

Do tell, I would like to add that to my conversion folder.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type47fan
post Jan 30 2005, 11:15 AM
Post #22

It Looks Better In Person. . .

Member No.: 1,170
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (Cabasa @ Jan 30 2005, 06:33 AM)
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 30 2005, 04:51 AM)
On another note, Bondo, when you are ready to buy your hoses, I have the perfect place to get them, better, stronger hoses that will last the life of your car and for less than you can buy the Gates green stripe from any of the dealers.

Do tell, I would like to add that to my conversion folder.

. . . . . . . . . . . . (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) . . .and the sooner the better!
+Quote Post
skline
post Jan 30 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #23

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Well, I used Wet Exhaust hose on Mine and Joe Buckles. It cost about $80.00 for both length of hoses you need in 1" and 1.25" and they are both 12' long. If you have never seen it, you owe it to yourself to check it out. Extreme duty hose that will never break. The hose kit from Renegade is about 110.00 and its the same from Rod Simpson and they only give you the Gates hoses. I get it from Mesa Hose right around the corner from my house here. I could walk there in 5 minutes. The guy that owns it, builds and restores old classic cars and stuff too.
+Quote Post
bondo
post Jan 30 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #24

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

If I ran hoses through the tunnel, I would not do it with rubber. It would be steel and welded in as a permanent installation. I won't be running it under the car.. I already scrape on things and I don't want to reduce clearance any more (there was one driveway at a friend's house where I almost high centered my other 914)

I'll either do it in the tunnel or through the longs. A little extra heat won't bother me because I'll have AC. I probably will use marine exhaust hose on both ends though, I like the idea of having a spring to keep it from collapsing on the suction side.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 08:04 AM