Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Optima Battery
Tom
post Dec 2 2011, 03:16 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,626
Region Association: None

I guess I got one of the older good ones. Have had mine since 2006 and store the car every winter in the garage. Every couple of months I put a charger on it for a few hours. So far it is doing OK. Maybe I better cross my fingers! I do disconnect it from the battery cables while stored so there is no drain on it at all except internal.
Tom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Drums66
post Dec 2 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #22

914 Rudiments

Member No.: 151
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 1 2011, 08:52 PM) *

Loved my first Optima battery, was satisfied with the second one, and disappointed in the life of the third one.

Went back to an Interstate when it was time to replace the battery as I don't drive the car in the rain anyway and the price of the Optima was getting up there.

......Fan of Interstate ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
neyen14
post Dec 2 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 8,408
Region Association: Southwest Region

Thanks for the feedback this way, that way, and otherwise. I'm not a big fan of the whole, "not being as good as it used to be" fad, but that's apparently the nature of things these days... evidently. Got the 34R as someone mentioned in this thread, it was the better out of the options... we'll see. Glad it's known not to leak though. All this being said, I still can't drive the dern thing as I'm still waiting for some brake calipers that have been on back order.
+Quote Post
charliew
post Dec 3 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

I've been using optimas for about ten years. Unless I use the car every week they stay on a battery tender. They still go down over a long period. The interstate guy said to recharge them in parallel with a regular battery to get them to take a charge. I am going to use one in my restored 65 MF tractor. I also found a billet aluminum optima hold down bracket and now a ss one on ebay that is about 45.00 including freight.

I will probably use a odessy in the 914 though. I only use sealed batteries in my toys. Batteries can be replaced a lot easier than paint or metal.

I am inclined to believe the mx stuff might have lower quality.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:02 AM