Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Official JLO V8 Conversion Thread, Here we go!
neo914-6
post Aug 4 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #61

neo life

Group: Members
Member No.: 159

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Aug 3 2006, 11:17 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 3 2006, 10:07 PM) *

Bill,

I don't see that part on mine (circa 03) unless it's inside lower front of the radiator. You are missing notches. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) on the lack of instructions...

Looking good! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Hi Felix,

I talked with Scott at RH today. From your picture, I have the same radiator as you. As Bruce pointed out from RH's site, their current design is different. Their new radiator is slightly deeper and the sheetmetal layout is different.

Scott says to toss the "L" channel. As you suspected, it's there to keep the front of the radiator from moving. But he says the "C" channel does that. He said I would have to notch the cowling by hand as yours is.

I also asked Scott the question that Thom mentioned -- keeping the radiator from touching the sheet metal. Scott said that they use upholstery edging on the side "wings" that the front vertical part of the radiator touches and that RH uses single sided RV adhesive foam on the top and bottom of the radiator. They attach the adhesive side directly to the top and bottom of the radiator and then make a compression fit into the "C" channel at the bottom and use the top cowling with the lip to hold the radiator in place. No other anchoring is desired. RH wants the radiator to float in the assembly given the flex of the 914's front end sheetmetal.

How is your assembly clearanced? Does is have foam in between the bottom and top of the radiator?

And what is "RV adhesive foam"? and where do I find it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Bill P.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow at the gaps, but I do have the "RV" foam on the sides and bottom except on the top. I'm sure it's just thick foam you can get at OSH or Home Depot.

I'd drive it by but still need to get the shifter to clear the rad belt and adjusted. Can't get reverse right now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 05:41 AM