Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seat Removal 1975/914, Can Not Get These Buggers Out!!!
Conceivedready61
post May 4 2020, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,334
Region Association: None

I believe on here somewhere I've seen a thread about this, But it didn't help?? I am completely removing the interior to fix rust and replace everything.... I'm a retired Paint and Body guy, and I'm still stumped?? I need to remove both seats, the tilt works fine, But there is no Loop Handle to move seats forward/backwards? I can see where the seat pivots to tilt but there are no apparent bolts/screws that I can see anywhere at all?? How do I get these Darn Seats out??? Help!!!! I've also tried to find the supposed finger release on the rails, I've checked all 4 several times, even wandered over to my VW Thing to compare, and don't feel anything at all, so you'd think the seats would just slide off, but No, they're not budging at all???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 23)
orthobiz
post May 9 2020, 02:13 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Speaking of the sound of one's own voice, here's my thread on seat removal...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=231430&hl=

Paul
+Quote Post
Conceivedready61
post May 18 2020, 04:15 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 22,334

Oh, did I mention finding several License plates rivited in the front trunk area over a rust spot !! Pretty Ingenious actually, he hammered them all to fit the shape and used a Gad of Rivets, Yikes!! I will be cutting it all away for new fresh metal....
+Quote Post
barkamatic
post Jul 22 2023, 07:20 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 27,211

QUOTE(Conceivedready61 @ May 18 2020, 04:15 PM) *

Oh, did I mention finding several License plates rivited in the front trunk area over a rust spot !! Pretty Ingenious actually, he hammered them all to fit the shape and used a Gad of Rivets, Yikes!! I will be cutting it all away for new fresh metal....

I read here about trying to slide the seats out. I fought with them until I could slide them forward and undo the bolts. After looking at them uninstalled I realized the PO had put one on backwards. I corrected it but it still didn't function. I finally realized he had also mixed them up side to side. I'm so glad I figured this out since I probably won't be removing them again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Bigdamdork
post Jul 22 2023, 07:24 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 27,476
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Conceivedready61 @ May 5 2020, 11:51 AM) *

Thanks everybody, I'm on it, if you hear Gun Shots just ignore them, I take out my frustrations on inanimate objects.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Too Funny....I just did this today. Like maybe a couple of hours ago. Removed the seats....not the gunshots (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 12:24 PM