Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gas tank and AN fittings, Can it be this easy?
Phoenix-MN
post Jul 20 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,590

Hi-jacking my own thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Chappy, are you orange yet?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jsteele22
post Jul 20 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 4,653

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jul 20 2007, 07:30 AM) *

I'm using both the socketless hose and braided hose. The socketless for connecting to the SS 3/8in. lines in the tunnel and stainless braided for the rest of the car (boy! the $$ add up quick). The Aeroquip AQP socketless hose and fittings really grip and make a solid seal, the stuff works real good. If I was to do it all over again I would probably use the socketless hose throughout.

Paul

Paul, that "socketless" hose and fittings sound interesting. I read the blurb on them at summit racing, and they say you just slide the hose onto the barbed fitting, and that's it. No hose clamp ? How hard is it to get the hose over the barb ?

+Quote Post
Phoenix-MN
post Jul 20 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #43

The socketless stuff does take a little "grunt" to put them together. Anyone with strong hands can put this stuff together. I used a little oil to lube it up and once together and sitting for a day the only way to get the hose off the connector is to cut it off.
+Quote Post
andys
post Jul 20 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jul 20 2007, 12:45 PM) *

The socketless stuff does take a little "grunt" to put them together. Anyone with strong hands can put this stuff together. I used a little oil to lube it up and once together and sitting for a day the only way to get the hose off the connector is to cut it off.

For socketless and assorted other hard to install rubber hoses, etc, I use K-Y , hold the comments........... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) After some amout of time, it simply disappears and it's not nearly as messy as using oil. Also good on assorted water hoses that are not resistant to oils.

Andys
+Quote Post
jsteele22
post Jul 20 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 4,653

QUOTE(andys @ Jul 20 2007, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jul 20 2007, 12:45 PM) *

For socketless and assorted other hard to install rubber hoses, etc, I use K-Y , hold the comments........... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) After some amout of time, it simply disappears and it's not nearly as messy as using oil. Also good on assorted water hoses that are not resistant to oils.

Andys

Hmm, never thought about using K-Y for that

Does it still take a little grunt ?
I would think if its socketless .....
Do you still need strong hands ?
I hope you never have to cut off the hose !

Sorry, I tried to hold it back, but I couldn't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Phoenix-MN
post Jul 20 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #46

Boy, it's a good thing we're not talking about rear end lube (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

andys, here's the seam of the screen showing the tacks along it's length
Attached Image
+Quote Post
kconway
post Apr 7 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 3,231
Region Association: Southern California

Bumpin this...wondering if there is any more to add or anyone else that has done this. Super clean job!
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Apr 8 2011, 06:43 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

CB Performance (VW shop) sells AN 6 tank adapters (same size and thread as our 914 tanks). I used the stock tank screen, cut the extension that goes outside of the existing tank off so you only had the extension going inside and then the CB adapter. Then I went AN all the way back to the engine. I created a thread on plumbing the fuel system for my 3.2l conversion which shows the components for the tank, fuel pump, tunnel and engine compartment.

Link: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...619&hl=fuel
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 07:12 AM