Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Throttle cable for carbs, How do you run it
maf914
post Feb 20 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #41

Not a Guru!

Group: Members
Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

QUOTE(purple @ Feb 20 2008, 01:25 PM) *

isnt it ideal to have the cable pull from the center of the crossbar, that way if it flexes, it flexes at the same rate for both carbs?

I could put it off to the side easily, but i thought that the crossbar flexing would make syncing hard to do right

Ideally, yes, but I seriously doubt the forces required to open the throttle plates would result in a measurable difference in the radial displacement at the end linkake arms whether the cable pull arm was in the center or at the end of the crossbar, at least with a substantial cross bar like the CB hex-bar, Triad, or Weltmeister (I have this one and it appears to be the same as the Triad). I bet the throttle cable breaks before you get noticeable flex in the cross bar.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
purple
post Feb 20 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #42

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942

QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 20 2008, 03:52 PM) *

QUOTE(purple @ Feb 20 2008, 01:25 PM) *

isnt it ideal to have the cable pull from the center of the crossbar, that way if it flexes, it flexes at the same rate for both carbs?

I could put it off to the side easily, but i thought that the crossbar flexing would make syncing hard to do right

Ideally, yes, but I seriously doubt the forces required to open the throttle plates would result in a measurable difference in the radial displacement at the end linkake arms whether the cable pull arm was in the center or at the end of the crossbar, at least with a substantial cross bar like the CB hex-bar, Triad, or Weltmeister (I have this one and it appears to be the same as the Triad). I bet the throttle cable breaks before you get noticeable flex in the cross bar.

Fair enough! I will straighten that cable plate out and make it out of steel! That is...if the thing gives me enough for full frottle phun!
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Feb 20 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #43

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

You sure you are getting enough rotation on that linkage Elliyut? I only ask because that's sort of how mine looked before I made my newest bracket.

Have someone sit in and floor it and see if you can rotate it more.
+Quote Post
Kargeek
post Feb 21 2008, 02:23 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 430

[/quote]isnt it ideal to have the cable pull from the center of the crossbar, that way if it flexes, it flexes at the same rate for both carbs?

Not really, there is no flex with the crossbar. Early 911's have their crossbar bracket for the cable linkage off to one side. I've run mine for over 20 years - no problem.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
purple
post Feb 21 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #45

Pigeon feeders attract me

Member No.: 7,942

Let me just say what everyone is thinking, kargeek....those air filters are pure secks... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:53 PM