Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: To the moon!
tracks914
post Jan 12 2004, 04:02 PM
Post #21

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 11 2004, 04:41 PM)
If I do want to talk politics, I will go to an appropiate place to do so. Not here! With all due respect to our 914 club members from the rest of the world, move to the US, become a citizen, cast your vote, or please keep your opinions, for your leaders, and your government.

I'm sorry if I offended someone with my comments but one thing you will have to come to grips with is that in this new global economy and this cool new thing called the Internet you will have to realize that sooner or later we will all be one.
If things your government does has an effect on my life and my lifestyle, I WILL COMMENT ON IT. What your leaders do has a serious effect on other countries besides your own.
As for OT items, they are marked OT or "Off Topic" for you non acronym literate. If you only want to read 914 stuff, don't read OT stuff.
This site rocks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) and one of the things I like to read and comment on is the OT threads. Most of them are harmless and only serve to open the minds of others to something outside their own little world. (Alfred post exempted although he is somewhat entiled to free speech as long as he keeps the racist crap out of it)
None of what I post is meant to be spiteful, harmfull or offensive to anyone but it did offend, I appologize.
Doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Jan 12 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #22

Canadian Member

QUOTE(need4speed @ Jan 12 2004, 10:52 AM)
[ But we'll be FORCED to spend on defense, because, of course, it's the one thing that's really, really necessary. Unless we want to learn to speak Arabic. Or Canadian.

I could start up a Canadian language course online, eh! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Malmz
post Jan 13 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #23

CSOBOSC founding member

Member No.: 602

Hey, if you are going to start a Moon Topic at least we can stay on track...

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

sm
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jan 13 2004, 04:43 AM
Post #24

Bless the Hell out of you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

Because it is soooo clooose tooo ussss.

M
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 13 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #25

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 11 2004, 04:41 PM)
If I do want to talk politics, I will go to an appropiate place to do so. Not here! With all due respect to our 914 club members from the rest of the world, move to the US, become a citizen, cast your vote, or please keep your opinions, for your leaders, and your government.

so, does that mean every american who has a opinion on, let's say, iraq can only speak out about saddam and his country AFTER they became a iraqi citizen and actually moved there?

is it just me or does that sound a bit over the top? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Andy
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Jan 13 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #26

Canadian Member

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 13 2004, 12:55 PM)
is it just me or does that sound a bit over the top?

Not over the top, just one .................................... opinion. We all have them and we all give them at one time or another. It's something I like to call freedom of speech.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (Hey where's the Canadian flag?)(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
That's what's so great about this type of thread. It gets people talking and thinking about new things too and not worrying about the little ticking sound that doesn't sound like a valve but is keeping you up at night. (especially after blowing that shift 6K while showing off to the blond on the corner going from 1st to 2nd) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Jan 13 2004, 03:56 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 506

Well yes it is Andy. Thats Americanism at the top of its game.

In general though, I try not to comment on whats a clearly internal issue. Like if Tony Blair takes a dive over his support of some of the Bush administration's polies, I'd not comment on who I think should take over as prime minister. As for a potential Moon Shot, and Mars Shot, would have a effect on the world, and so, you None American's should certainly voice a opionion on it IMHO.

I'm certain any plan of going to the moon will include a International Space Station stop as well. Should be very interesting.

Earlier though,

I apologize for the Narrow Minded Luddites should keep their mouths shut. I should have said, you Narrow Minded Luddites should continue to express your opionions, so we regular people can see your lack of common sence and short sightedness. I was caught up in the moment. My bad.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jan 13 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #28

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Tracks, you certainly did not offend me. I fear you are correct when you state "in this new global economy and this cool new thing called the Internet you will have to realize that sooner or later we will all be one". I just dread it happening. Sounds like a "one world government".

Andy, Not over the top. We are all entitled to our own opinion, and I value that right. I apoligize for stating mine in such an adamant fashion, however, I won't talk about Iraq here either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . I served my country in the southeast asia war in the 60's. I didn't approve of what was happening then and I don't now, but I kept my mouth shut and did my duty. I will continue to do so. I will talk with my vote.

Tracks and Hawktel, Thanks for the reference that what the US does affects the rest of the world. You are correct.

Karl, it's all your fault again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Jan 13 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #29

Shriveled member

Member No.: 271

Karl, it's all your fault again      

I am sorry. I guess I'll refrain from bringing up WMD, Israel, Korea, the international space station, or Alfred.

Ummm... Malmz... explain yourself... how the heck did you come across that web site? Very weird and annoying....
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jan 13 2004, 06:43 PM
Post #30

uhoh... maybe me.

M
+Quote Post
Malmz
post Jan 13 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #31

CSOBOSC founding member

QUOTE(kellzey @ Jan 13 2004, 04:09 PM)
Ummm... Malmz... explain yourself... how the heck did you come across that web site? Very weird and annoying....

Somebody at work showed me... Appearantly they sell shirts and mugs with the Moon guys on it too... I Like It! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I thought it would calm down the political thread before the religious thread started...

If you like that, you will probably like this...

http://svt.se/hogafflahage/hogafflaHage_si...or/hestekor.swf

sm
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Jan 13 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #32

Shriveled member

Yep... my dog really liked it.... honest.

He was staring at me like.... WTF?!!!!
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Jan 13 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #33

Canadian Member

QUOTE(kellzey @ Jan 13 2004, 06:08 PM)
Yep... my dog really liked it.... honest.

He was staring at me like.... WTF?!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) My dog started to bark at it.
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Jan 13 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #34

Canadian Member

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 13 2004, 03:57 PM)
Sounds like a "one world government".

I really hate to stir the pot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) oh wait yes I do like to stir the pot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) , but I think we already do have one world government, yours. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
That is meant in the nicest way by the way, it's just that no other world power has had the power that the US has had since the downfall of the Soviet Union. Not even Nazi Germany had the ability to do what the US can do now. The US is strong (just watching the Gulf War was enough for the Soviets to throw in the towel) and can what ever they like. That is why they are such a target for terrorism. When you are rich powerful and the envy of your neighbours, you are a target just like Micheal Jackson. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
But enough political retoric for one thread, my dog wants me to bring back the singing horses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

I'm just glad we can talk about this open and honest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jan 13 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #35

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

M
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Jan 13 2004, 11:10 PM
Post #36

Shriveled member

F U Malmz!!

I hear voices in my head now...

BOOM shhshh Boom Boom
BOOM shh shh Boom Boom

Ummmmmmmmmmm Bohmmmmmmmmm
Ummmmmmmmmmm Bohmmmmmmmmm

Ooooooo uuuuuuuu ooooooooo eeee ooooooo
Ooooooo uuuuuuuu ooooooooo eeee ooooooo

ooooooooooooooo shuhmahwawahhhh
ooooooooooooooo shuhmahwawahhhh
+Quote Post
Malmz
post Jan 14 2004, 12:07 AM
Post #37

CSOBOSC founding member

LOL. I normally have the Moon Song running through my head, so it's just "Pay it Forward Payback"...
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jan 14 2004, 01:49 AM
Post #38

Dood, I bust out singing it, for self-defense.... or at least.. an insanity plea.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

M
+Quote Post
need4speed
post Jan 14 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 564

QUOTE(Hawktel @ Jan 13 2004, 01:56 PM)
. . . I should have said, you Narrow Minded Luddites should continue to express your opionions, so we regular people can see your lack of common sence and short sightedness. . . .

Actually, that's one of the central tenents of Freedom of Speech and why it's SO DAMN IMPORTANT. It's probably the most important concept of our entire civilization. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

Freedom of speech is like Free Market Economics - for ideas. Anybody should be allowed to spew out any idea they like. (the problem with this is - apparently, most people are gullible, and believe everything they hear on Fox News). Through open debate, and basic logic and reasoning, bad ideas are discredited. Openly. And it becomes a matter of public record. In theory, bad ideas, once discredited, should go away for ever. But if they do not, open debate and reason can simply do it again. (You see this with ideas like racism, fascism, and Reaganomics.)

But every time Freedom of Speech is abridged, (like on certain editorial news talk shows where they cut off speakers with whom they disagree for a "commercial break" - or interrupt them, or get belligerent with them, or like when politicians stonewall or claim "Executive Privilege" or "National Security", or "Free Speech Zones"), then Open Debate doesn't really happen. And bad ideas are allowed to survive and proliferate.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Jan 14 2004, 03:48 PM
Post #40

Shriveled member

Happy Moon Day Malmz!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 11:51 PM