Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bench testing wiper motor, Low and high speed
IronHillRestorations
post Mar 30 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #1

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Anyone bench test a wiper motor?

After I posted this, I went back and looked at the factory manuals in the wiper section and the wiring diagrams.

I don't think you can properly test the full operation, but you can test the continuity of the motor and the two speeds. I'm pretty sure you'd have to mock up the wiring to the switch in order to get the motor to park correctly.

To test the motor on the mid 72 and later motors, connect ground to the motor chassis ground and terminal 31b. Connect the positive to terminal 53 for slow speed and to 53b for the second speed.

I always check and double check the position of the wiper system BEFORE installing the wiper arms. I make a pointer out of masking tape (wrapped around the wiper shaft) to mimic the position of the wiper arms. If you get it wrong you can take a couple nice chips out of the paint on the cowl ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) 1st hand experience!)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:21 PM