Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crazed list!, Search craig's list like a madman
rwilner
post Mar 31 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #1

No Ghosts in the Machine

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,530
Region Association: North East States

So I'm in the market for my first 914 and clicking on every city on craigs list got old pretty quickly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

so I stumbled across this:
http://www.crazedlist.org

Basically it lets you search as many locales as you like in one go, and presents the results to you on a single screen.

I found every 914 for sale on the west coast with one search query! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

amazing.

(note: you must use firefox and set it up to not use referrers, there's instructions how to do this on the site, any problems PM me and i'll walk you through it.)

just thought I'd pass that along to others looking for a special car, or a special part for their special car.

happy hunting!
Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 31 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Yeah, those sites are cool. It's pretty bogus that craigslist specifically prohibits multi-city searching (that's why you have to use FireFox w/out referrers).

It would be nice if they simply allowed X-mile radius searches.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Mar 31 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #3

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

I used to use crazedlist but changed to searchtempest (http://www.searchtempest.com/). It has a lot more controls and filters, and you can change from results by city to one global results list, and back, and searches within a radius that you can change, more control of the filters, boolean strings, etc, all with just clicks. If you like crazedlist then try searchtempest, it's one more step up.
+Quote Post
Lavanaut
post Mar 31 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

You can roll your own w/ Yahoo Pipes if you're into that kind of thing. Found my current gig in Seattle that way. Cool stuff.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Mar 31 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #5

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

I use jaxed

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=...bmit=++++go++++
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Mar 31 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #6

No Ghosts in the Machine

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 31 2010, 06:43 PM) *

I used to use crazedlist but changed to searchtempest (http://www.searchtempest.com/). It has a lot more controls and filters, and you can change from results by city to one global results list, and back, and searches within a radius that you can change, more control of the filters, boolean strings, etc, all with just clicks. If you like crazedlist then try searchtempest, it's one more step up.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) This is totally awesome. Great find!!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 31 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #7

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

BTW - I think that Lycos &/or Lemonfree lets you do a wide search, as well as a wide notify me list!

So now you got the West Coast searched out, you can do the other lower 45!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Man - this is a dedicated first time Teener guys & Gals! He deserves some kind of 914world Award - esp. if he shows with one at the WCR on his way home - beyond his "reward" with he & his "beautiful wife" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) cruizin home to Bean-town in it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

A few test drives & she'll be hooked too, then he'll be looking for 2!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Go - Go - Mr. Wilner!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Mar 31 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253

I don't bother to search...it comes to me, moment by moment! RSS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Mar 31 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #9

No Ghosts in the Machine

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 31 2010, 07:51 PM) *

BTW - I think that Lycos &/or Lemonfree lets you do a wide search, as well as a wide notify me list!

So now you got the West Coast searched out, you can do the other lower 45!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Man - this is a dedicated first time Teener guys & Gals! He deserves some kind of 914world Award - esp. if he shows with one at the WCR on his way home - beyond his "reward" with he & his "beautiful wife" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) cruizin home to Bean-town in it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

A few test drives & she'll be hooked too, then he'll be looking for 2!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Go - Go - Mr. Wilner!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Tom, I love it. I just want to make sure I spend at least 51% of my time driving it.

And, for the record....Mr. Wilner is my FATHER! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Mar 31 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631

www.zimkiv.com
+Quote Post
strawman
post Mar 31 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,624
Region Association: Central California

I searched Crazedlist for an air-water intercooler region by region, and a Vortech unit showed up in Rhode Island, 3000 miles away. I emailed the guy, who said he doesn't have a bank account and can't take PayPal, so I should send a money order. Yeah, right... tried that a couple years ago for a header for my old MR2 and kissed that money good-bye.

However, since my brother is working on the east coast for the next few weeks, I asked the guy where he is located and he said Warwick -- the exact town where my brother is staying in a hotel this week. They met up this morning and I ended up with a $400 intercooler for $75. It was destiny!
+Quote Post
tomeric914
post Apr 1 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #12

One Lap of America in a 914!

Member No.: 9,101

www.craiglook.com works best IMHO.
+Quote Post
jtf914
post Apr 1 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 58

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 31 2010, 06:43 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

http://www.searchtempest.com/ is the way to go...
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Apr 1 2010, 06:57 AM
Post #14

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

I 2nd craiglook.com We've been watching out for a piano for some time now, and craiglook works great.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:07 PM