Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT...Schuey, seven in a row
BatAc
post Aug 15 2004, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,329

Michael (who ran Bridgestone’s harder tyre): his victory made him the first man in history to win seven straight races in the same Grand Prix season.
Few would have bet against Michael Schumacher taking his 12th victory of the season at the Hungarian Grand Prix. He duly delivered – leading the race from the P1 grid spot earned by yesterday’s searing qualifying performance, all the way to the chequered flag.
In the drivers’ stakes, Schumacher has almost four race wins worth of points in hand over Barrichello and Button has drawn right away from Trulli, who is now only a point ahead of Renault team mate Alonso.

Spa up next:

http://www.formula1.com/race/circuitmap/727.html

I believe the only race Schuey lost this year was the one someone rammed him from behind 'n' knocked out his car. He's one of the best right there with Jimmy (Clark , of course) It's a shame americans are so ignorant of this 'n' show there colors in NASCAR.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jgiroux67
post Aug 15 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #2

Guitar Shredder

Member No.: 2,157

Wow, you have realy good writing skills. What you just wrote sounds as though it came out of a Formula 1 magazine.

Schumacher is amazing! In my opinion he is the greatest racer of all time, bare in mind that I wasnt aware of F1 when Fangio or even Senna were around. I would even go as far to say that Schuy is the greatest athlete of all time. He is unstoppable when he gets a chance to finish a race. You are correct the only race that he didnt win this season is when Montoya hit him and took him out of the race. If it werent for that incident I believe that Michael would of had the perfect season.

You are also right, most Americans are ignorant when it comes to racing. They think the best drivers are in Nascar( or as I like to call it "Redneck racing) Now there are some good series in the US such as the ALMS but it barely gets any ratings because of some Nascar race. I have no clue why Nacar is so popular. Its circle track for crying out loud!
+Quote Post
red914
post Aug 15 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #3

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

only left turns, correct? round 'n round 'n round....
+Quote Post
scotty
post Aug 15 2004, 11:16 PM
Post #4

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718
Region Association: None

You are also right, most Americans are ignorant when it comes to racing. They think the best drivers are in Nascar( or as I like to call it "Redneck racing) Now there are some good series in the US such as the ALMS but it barely gets any ratings because of some Nascar race. I have no clue why Nacar is so popular. Its circle track for crying out loud!

Sigh. It's not like F1 is even given a chance at coverage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I wish Senna were still around: it would've been great to see him and Schumacher go at it in the rain....

---

What really worries me is the chance that I'll wake up someday and find PIR has been turned into a circle track for NASCAR (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Aug 15 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #5

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

Go Fast!! Turn Left!! Go Fast!! Turn Left!! etc. Except for today, Walkins Glen. I still think Nascar is better, at least I can pronounce the drivers names (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jgiroux67
post Aug 15 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #6

Guitar Shredder

Member No.: 2,157

QUOTE(Lou W @ Aug 15 2004, 09:17 PM)
Go Fast!! Turn Left!! Go Fast!! Turn Left!! etc. Except for today, Walkins Glen. I still think Nascar is better, at least I can pronounce the drivers names (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You honestly like Nascar better than F1?
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Aug 15 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #7

I was just having fun, I actually enjoy both. Sometimes, I look at how high tech things have gotten, and it makes me think about how Nascar can still make for good racing with basically a 1964 Ford Galexie with a Carburator. Been to a CART race last year at Fontana and I actually thought the Craftsmen Truck race made for more exciting racing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Aug 16 2004, 12:31 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 506

Nascar and F1 are to different animals. Shuey is awesome, a dominating force in his field. I can't think of another person who is dominating contests as he is unless its perhaps Lance Armstrong.

But, I dunno if I would count nascar out. I think that is you took some of the best from Nascar, And gave them a couple of years in the F1's, they would do okay, and I think that if you took the best of F1 and dropped them into Nascar and gave them time they would even out as the best.

I saw something where Jeff Gordon did a rally race for some odd reason. I think he did pretty good, and even the Rally guys said he was damned quick.
+Quote Post
BatAc
post Aug 16 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #9

I attended the Montreal Grand Prix this year and would highly recomend it next for those that would want to attend. The crowd is vastly different as well as more diversified to that of NASCAR. You'll range from the snobish rich, the unpretentious well to do right onto the shade tree mechanic as well as the biker. Not to mention the women as well as cars one lets thier eyes feast on. It's quite interesting talking to an asian woman speaking french, while later on talking to a distinguished looking man who slids up after your talk to slip into his brand new ferrari, as well as your typical american lookin' biker dude who only speaks french. The whole atmosphere doing the weekend is a celebration of speed doing the day and death at night (most World Champions end tragically) with Mardi Gras atmosphere. Let's not forget the race itself where the cars (the SOUND) run at 18,000 to 19,000 RPM as oppose to that of a NASCAR at what 9,500 RPM. My seats this year where at the end of the home stretch at which point they'd gear down into an S turn pop into a litle dogleg (where cars came out of the pits, if the cars where three wide it would force someone off the track {it's not like you slow up coming into traffic}) then shoot up a hill out of sight as you'd hear 'em gear up as they shoot down a long strech. They're large monitors on the track to see what's going on elsewhere. You could sit down by the hairpin where they're flying down a long strech at 195mph as they gear down (have I mentioned the SOUND as they run down the gears {unlike the old days when they would heel 'n' toe faster then a tap dancer}[remember clutches are on the steering wheel nowadays]) to 15mph to hit the hairpin as well as a great place to pass. Of course if your cup of tea is to only make lefts and be stuck in one gear (flat out) I'm sure you'd make an imaginative lover as well.
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Aug 16 2004, 01:54 AM
Post #10

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

Member No.: 580

Umm, I tivo'd the race and have NOT watched it yet....

thanks for the SPOIL job! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/alfred.gif)

Yes, I figured Shuey would win, but maybe NEXT time you could add something to the 2nd line of the subject line, like....
Results of the F1 race
or
DO NOT read if you haven't seen the F1 race. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
BatAc
post Aug 16 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #11

SORRY
+Quote Post
seanery
post Aug 16 2004, 08:46 AM
Post #12

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

oh, come on scott! It was midnight when you read this 20 hours after the race. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Aug 16 2004, 09:16 AM
Post #13

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

NASCAR=Pro Wrestling.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Aug 16 2004, 11:50 AM
Post #14

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 16 2004, 08:16 AM)
NASCAR=Pro Wrestling.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

WRONG!

Pro Wrasslin has Characters performing before "Millions & Millions" (rock speak) lol

nasCRAP has guys racing AND fans watching
Chebby Monte Carlo's vs Dodge Intrepids vs Ford Tauras'.
+Quote Post
Scott Carlberg
post Aug 16 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #15

Porsche MOTORSPORTS

QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 16 2004, 07:46 AM)
oh, come on scott! It was midnight when you read this 20 hours after the race. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

yeah you know something Sean, you're starting to get on my nerves.
first with the Tentative deal....

now complaining about someone else ruining coverage of a race SEVENTEEN hours later!!!!! lol

j/k Sean.

(fixed those tentative & deleted the GGR TT, which no longer appears on their or Laguna's website(s).
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Aug 16 2004, 12:21 PM
Post #16

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I love all kinds of racing! from my slot cars to WRC to DTM, F1,champs, IRL, World of Outlaws, Sprit, Migets, Figure and yes EVEN Nascar... Go faster than the other guy! What I dont like is the Catch up Yellow flag! that is as bad as the "puck swoosh" on FOX for hockey.
The other thing that bugs me is the pointless "who is better" heated argument. As a debate it is really kinda pointless. Anybody driving at the very top of a given series has the faculties to compete at the world level. So much more goes into making a modern champion than sheer driving talent, and that is a good thing I think...
So unless you are talking about Mario Andretti AJ Foyt or Dan Gurney (just to name a few...) you are really just saying I like this guy more than that guy...
Just like in music, ITS ALL RACING, only the haircuts are differnt

whew! That turned into a rant! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Aug 16 2004, 01:33 PM
Post #17

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) It's all good stuff, Heck, I love watching those rally's they have in Europe with the Navigator and the Driver yelling at each other when they crash. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And what about Dakor (sp?) Rally, that would be a blast!!! But, you can't compare NASCAR to Wrestling. Jeff Gordon and Jaun Montoya traded cars last year, (Not in a race), and he did a great job. You got to be good to jump in a car that you are totally unfamilier with and drive it the way he did. I think as time goes on, you may see more drivers cross over to other types of racing, ie Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Robby Gordon, etc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Aug 16 2004, 01:39 PM
Post #18

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I remember see that Lou! THe crew forgot to equip Jeff's helmet with foils to keep his head on! He still would have qualified for the previous years' race at INDY! If the shots from his helmet cam were an accurate view of what he was seeing, then that is more impressive!!
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Aug 16 2004, 01:56 PM
Post #19

Yea, I watched it a couple of times, the part I found interesting was when they sat and talked about the differences in the two types of race cars, it really showed their abilities to adjust to that particulars cars shortcomings (NASCARS) Brakes, Handling, etc. and how Hightech the F1 car was, onboard computers that would overide the driver, the speed and handling. You gotta Love it all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
PS. Support your local Tracks
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Aug 16 2004, 07:52 PM
Post #20

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Schumacher is an asswipe (a fast one though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif))
And F1 is has been boring as hell for at least 2 years...
You watch the qualifying and you know the race results
I don't even bother watching it anymore

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 08:47 AM