Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting ready to order my lift, Bought one, its in the shop...already in use
JStroud
post Aug 19 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

I'm going to be ordering my lift for the new shop at the end of the week, found info on a few vendors to stay away from. Anyone know a good vendor?

No need to talk about kinds of lifts....thats been done....read most of them.
Already decided on the lift I'm buying, just looking for a good vendor, for obviously a good price, and cheap or free shipping... but most important for me is after sale support, if I have a problem, or need a replacement part I don't want to have to call china, or have the company have gone out of business.

This is the lift I'm getting, Dannmar Admiral 9000X.
Don't have the height for a full 2 post, but this one will lift high enough for me to walk under, drop engines, and work for vehicles other than 914s.

Attached Image

So if you've had a good experience with or just know of a good vendor I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
Jeff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 19 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

My wife got me a Danmar D-7 back in 2009. It works great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think it was around $1900. delivered. It was delivered to one of our company warehouses (when I was sill working). Sorry, I don't remember which supplier she ordered it from (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
zambezi
post Aug 19 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,920
Region Association: South East States

I used greg smith equipment and was happy with shipping and the product. I have 12 foot plus ceilings in my shop so I did not have to buy a low rise model but htey have many models available. They sell on volume so their prices are lower than most.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/?ibp-adg...CFZRj7AodOg8AhQ
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 19 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(zambezi @ Aug 19 2013, 10:15 PM) *

I used greg smith equipment and was happy with shipping and the product. I have 12 foot plus ceilings in my shop so I did not have to buy a low rise model but htey have many models available. They sell on volume so their prices are lower than most.

That's funny....that's one of the vendors I read bad reviews on, no after sale support.
But maybe that's just one persons experience.

Jeff
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Aug 20 2013, 03:53 AM
Post #5

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

Looks like that distributor doesn't sell Danmar, just Atlas.

I have had my eagle lift for 17 yrs. All These lifts have like one moving part, and I have never had to replace it- not one cent spent. What support do you believe you will need? Did you purchase the installation option and are worried about that? Looks like Danmar has a good network of vendors so you should be able to order parts from any of them regardless of whom you purchased it from. The only part(s) on mine I see needing to be replaced could be the hydraulic seals and hoses. Everything else seems to be solid. You are going to love it! I will add, 17 yrs ago my lift was made in the USA.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Aug 20 2013, 05:31 AM
Post #6

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I bought mine from best buy auto equipment.
Shipping was fast. They have warehouses in all
parts of the US. Have had zero problems
so can't comment on customer service.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Aug 20 2013, 06:59 AM
Post #7

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(zambezi @ Aug 20 2013, 01:15 AM) *

great service, good people.

rich
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 20 2013, 08:32 AM
Post #8

Appreciate the comments, I guess my concern is if there's a problem, bought a spa years ago, didn't work right from the start, under the warranty I would have had to ship the spa at my expense to LA, they would fix it and ship it back and pay my shipping IF they determine its a warranty issue, otherwise all at my expense.
I pulled the spa out of my deck, loaded it on my trailer and took it back to the seller,Costco, then went to a local guy and bought one, great after sale support.

Just don't want to be stuck with one with a problem, then have issues with a cut rate vendor.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanks again
Jeff
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Aug 20 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #9

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

No comments on where to buy but it will be nice to have someone in the area who has a lift he would surely offer other 914World members to use (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Aug 20 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I bought my 4-post from ASEDeals:

http://www.asedeals.com/two_post_lifts_Dannmar.html

Easy to work with and shipping is part of their price...give them a call and they will hook you up.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 20 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 20 2013, 07:59 AM) *
No comments on where to buy but it will be nice to have someone in the area who has a lift he would surely offer other 914World members to use (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Isn't there a long-haired guy in Napa that has one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If you need one for occasional home use, try to find a pre-owned mid-rise scissor lift (like the one Elliot has) on Craigslist (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

... or you can get a brand new BendPak BENLR60 mid-rise for $1525., free delivery and no tax (unless you're in Ohio) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 20 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 20 2013, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 20 2013, 07:59 AM) *
Isn't there a long-haired guy in Napa that has one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Ya, but his shop is a good 1 1/2 hour drive from my house, my shop is only 75 ft from the house.
And I don't mind sharing, especially with the ones who show up to help me install it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If you need one for occasional home use, try to find a pre-owned mid-rise scissor lift (like the one Elliot has) on Craigslist (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

... or you can get a brand new BendPak BENLR60 mid-rise for $1525., free delivery and no tax (unless you're in Ohio) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Nope, don't want a mid rise, or a sissor lift, I want to be able to walk under my car, I've crawled and bent over enough, I'm old and this shit ain't getting any easier, so this is my present to my aching body. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Thanks for all the suggestions, seems most places are around the same price and shippings included, even found out today Summit racing sells them, but $50.00 higher. Some offer free adapters, need to call asedeals tomorrow, they advertise a better price if you call....we'll see.

Thanks again everyone, I'll let you know when its due to arrive.....for those iching to help install the lift. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) Guess I need to go pick up my buddies forklift.

Jeff

+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 21 2013, 01:52 AM
Post #13

Regarding the scissor lift, I was responding more to Brett's post, Jeff.

Actually, I would like to have one specifically for doing wheel & brake and suspension work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I hear ya on the old back ... in the same boat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Leaman and Mike D. had previously assembled lifts, so they jumped right in like they knew what they were doing, and with assistance from SLITS, Jim Hoyland, Mike Black22, Mike Ruby914, Tony ARG and a few others my lift was all together and running in less than two hours - start to finish :mueba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1WYx5iTMd8
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 21 2013, 07:36 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 21 2013, 12:52 AM) *

Regarding the scissor lift, I was responding more to Brett's post, Jeff.

Actually, I would like to have one specifically for doing wheel & brake and suspension work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I hear ya on the old back ... in the same boat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Leaman and Mike D. had previously assembled lifts, so they jumped right in like they knew what they were doing, and with assistance from SLITS, Jim Hoyland, Mike Black22, Mike Ruby914, Tony ARG and a few others my lift was all together and running in less than two hours - start to finish :mueba

Oh, got it, told ya I'm old. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

That went up pretty fast, not sure I'll have that much help, not that big of an active group in this area. This one seems pretty basic though, stand it up, get it lined up, drill some holes, bolt it down, run some power. I think I can do that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Jeff
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 21 2013, 07:55 AM
Post #15

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

which vendor did you go with? total $ to your door please. 110 or 220 to power it? attachment bolts to a standard 4" concrete floor? i'm so done with on my back on the concrete.
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 21 2013, 08:29 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2013, 06:55 AM) *

which vendor did you go with? total $ to your door please. 110 or 220 to power it? attachment bolts to a standard 4" concrete floor? i'm so done with on my back on the concrete.

Haven't ordered it yet, probably Monday, won't have the money till this weekend.
The one I'm buying is 220 power (only 20 amp), and specs show 4" rebar reinforced concrete slab minimum.

I'll post where, and how much once I get it ordered.

Jeff
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 23 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #17

OK hit a small snag, got the money today to finish my shop and order a lift, checked the measurements on the Dannmar lift and its too wide to fit between the beams in my shop, it measures 137.5", I've got 135". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I could move the beams out... But that would be a lot of work......so any recommendations on a base plate lift other than Dannmar ( seems there only base plate model is a WIDE version)

Looked at challanger and bendpak....too expensive.

Anyone have one that style they could recommend

Thanks
Jeff
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Aug 23 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #18

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 23 2013, 09:22 PM) *

OK hit a small snag, got the money today to finish my shop and order a lift, checked the measurements on the Dannmar lift and its too wide to fit between the beams in my shop, it measures 137.5", I've got 135". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I could move the beams out... But that would be a lot of work......so any recommendations on a base plate lift other than Dannmar ( seems there only base plate model is a WIDE version)

Thanks
Jeff

Have you thought about this one?

It is 105"-125"!

Dannmar Portable
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 23 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #19

Jeff, I guess I'm not understanding the problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

The specs say: Overall Width (Outside of Columns): 137 in. / 3480 mm.

The columns are stationary and: Overall Height: 113 in. / 2870 mm.

Are the beams higher than 113 inches? If so, sounds like it will work fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

+Quote Post
JStroud
post Aug 23 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 23 2013, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Aug 23 2013, 09:22 PM) *

Thanks
Jeff

Have you thought about this one?

It is 105"-125"!

Dannmar Portable

Yes Jeff, I Did, But that one doesn't lift high enough to walk under, I did like the portability of it though.
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 23 2013, 09:51 PM) *

Jeff, I guess I'm not understanding the problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

The specs say: Overall Width (Outside of Columns): 137 in. / 3480 mm.

The columns are stationary and: Overall Height: 113 in. / 2870 mm.

Are the beams higher than 113 inches? If so, sounds like it will work fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Its not the height, the width between the beams is only 135"... but then the height of the beams is less than 113" so the lift has to go between them, so at 137" wide it won't go between the beams, and at 113" tall can't go under the beams.

This might give some perspective.

Attached Image

Jeff
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:01 PM