|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| gla914#27 |
Jul 12 2014, 08:46 AM
Post
#1
|
|
Newbie ![]() Group: Members Posts: 7 Joined: 24-June 14 From: Michigan Member No.: 17,536 Region Association: None |
With my crankshaft pulley failure.....and going under the 914 destroying the deep sump..................many have mentioned they were surprised that I did not have a protector installed
OK..................so I don't need to re-invent the design............please show me your installation |
| Mike Bellis |
Jul 12 2014, 09:43 AM
Post
#2
|
|
Resident Electrician ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 8,348 Joined: 22-June 09 From: Midlothian TX Member No.: 10,496 Region Association: None
|
|
| Bills914-4 |
Jul 12 2014, 12:29 PM
Post
#3
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 313 Joined: 1-March 08 From: suburbs of Miami FL. Member No.: 8,762 Region Association: South East States |
For what it's worth , I run a deep sump that I modified by milling down the mating
surface of the sump ( the round dia. that sits down in pocket of the case) . I milled an angle on it , so that I could get as close to the bottom of the case , sorry I don't remember the angle or how much I removed , here's a few pic's , I hope this helps Bill D. |
![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 9th October 2026 - 01:23 PM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |