Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Contacting 914 Rubber, ...no replies to messages over their website...
MikeInMunich
post Apr 28 2015, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,674
Region Association: None

...and no phone number posted. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I've attempted to contact 914 Rubber about five times, inquiring about the glass roof a la Saratoga, but better?) I've heard they wanted to do a production run on this spring.

I get the suspicion that they're not getting my messages somehow. If that's not it, they likely need a secretartpy but can't afford one (??). I've been there myself. I know how it is.

Well, guys, if you're reading this, please let me know what's up. I'd like to buy TWO of your roofs and have them sent to TX ASAP.

Thanks,

Mike in Munich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 28 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Try sending an email or PM to Mark Whitesell on here as mikey914
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Apr 28 2015, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Dr

Member No.: 4,832

did you send the email to mark as directed here?
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 28 2015, 03:10 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Mark is on his way to the WCR so he may be delayed in responding a few days.
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Apr 28 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,674

QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Apr 28 2015, 12:48 PM) *

Yes, this is what I've done at least 5 times over the past 3 months.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Apr 28 2015, 03:33 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Mark's son and his brother are filling the orders.
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Apr 28 2015, 06:59 PM
Post #7

Dr

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 28 2015, 02:12 PM) *

I meant sending an email directly to him at the email he listed above the form?
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 28 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #8

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 28 2015, 02:12 PM) *

I've tried to contact them thru their "Contact Us" form...no response so I went someplace else...hope when I need something again things work better...
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 28 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,126

There seem to be problems that hopefully they can work out because the products are good.

I have the same issue and I, like Mike, am looking elsewhere.
+Quote Post
messix
post Apr 28 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #10

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

this again .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

you guys need to understand the most all vendors on this site are not a full time business but are a part time service to supply no longer produced parts for these old cars.

and some times things dont work the way that it does with a big commercial business and you might have to try a couple of methods to get in touch with them.

i myself have not had any trouble getting in touch with 914 rubber.
+Quote Post
warpig
post Apr 28 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 12,002

Mark is probably on the road to WCR by now. I am local and can go by the shop in the next couple of days and find out if they still have those and get back to you. They are working constantly to improve both parts selection and service, but it is a sideline business, constantly struggling to become something bigger and better. So don't give up hope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Apr 28 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(messix @ Apr 28 2015, 06:48 PM) *

this again .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

you guys need to understand the most all vendors on this site are not a full time business but are a part time service to supply no longer produced parts for these old cars.

and some times things dont work the way that it does with a big commercial business and you might have to try a couple of methods to get in touch with them.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 28 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #13

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Mark has a real job that affords him the resources to to pay serious money for tooling and manufacturing to support all us cheap 914 guys car habit.

Thanks Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 28 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #14

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(messix @ Apr 28 2015, 06:48 PM) *

Wasn't really a complaint, but if you cannot get a hold of them after weeks or months, don't you think they'd like to know that as well?
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Apr 28 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 28 2015, 12:42 PM) *

...and no phone number posted. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I've attempted to contact 914 Rubber about five times, inquiring about the glass roof a la Saratoga, but better?) I've heard they wanted to do a production run on this spring.

I get the suspicion that they're not getting my messages somehow. If that's not it, they likely need a secretartpy but can't afford one (??). I've been there myself. I know how it is.

Well, guys, if you're reading this, please let me know what's up. I'd like to buy TWO of your roofs and have them sent to TX ASAP.

Thanks,

Mike in Munich

Given they are more or less a one man operation (Mark) and has a pretty huge number of people interested in his products, he has at times developed a pretty hefty communication backlog. Sometimes it has take over a month for him to respond to me but he always seems to get to my emails eventually. Think about it, this is not his day job, and you have possibly hundreds of emails asking about product and orders and you are only working that in your free time, it takes a while to make it down the list sometimes.

Making those tops was a pretty serious endeavor. IF he will even make more this is something you should be prepared to wait quite a while for.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 28 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(messix @ Apr 28 2015, 09:48 PM) *

YOU need to understand a couple of things:

I don't appreciate the "crazy" emoticon.

By your very question, "this again?", it might occur to you that three or four different members who had the same experiences on different threads might have cause to voice those opinions.

You took a defensive position without asking any questions. Let me ask you, is 3 weeks without a response being impatient? Would you do that with a member selling something in the classifieds?

I have talked to Mike on the phone and he seems like a class guy. I would guess like Mueller said, that he would want to know if things aren't quite right between him and his customers. Sorry if that's so hard for you to swallow.
+Quote Post
messix
post Apr 28 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #17

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 28 2015, 08:45 PM) *

By your very question, "this again?", it might occur to you that three or four different members who had the same experiences on different threads might have cause to voice those opinions.

You took a defensive position without asking any questions. Let me ask you, is 3 weeks without a response being impatient? Would you do that with a member selling something in the classifieds?

I have talked to Mike on the phone and he seems like a class guy. I would guess like Mueller said, that he would want to know if things aren't quite right between him and his customers. Sorry if that's so hard for you to swallow.

sorry i offended your delicate disposition.... you're from jersey and i thought you might have had thicker skin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

"this again" was in reference to threads about our member vendors and not just this one as there are several that are not full time.

and you did find a way to get in touch with Mark. and again these are not the regular type of retailers here.

it just seems that these threads come up as bashing these guys for not responding like a commercial business would. and i would hate for them to get discouraged from continuing to provide for us because the pressure to operate like a commercial business is too much to do while having a "real job" and a family life.

so when having trouble getting in touch with them, i think it would be best to think of them as guys and not a business and put a call out in the form of a pm, personal email or phone call, or worst case a "hey mark from 914 rubber call me" in the garage.

and if all else fails you could always order from AA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 28 2015, 11:19 PM
Post #18

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

You're misinformed if you're nder the impression the BUSINESS is a one person operation. It's a BUSINESS, for real! Yes, mark is commercial pilot full time and he is a very busy man. Unfortunate that inquiries have not been addressed.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Apr 29 2015, 03:54 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I placed an order a few weeks back, never received any confirmation except from PayPal. After a week I sent Mark e-mail. Several days later after not hearing back I contacted them via their website contact page. Blake responded the same day with tracking info showing the package went out two days prior and almost here.

Unfortunately the order took about six days to ship. I realize this is a small business and don't necessarily expect shipment within a business day or two, but the lack of an order confirmation and shipping info concerned me.

On the positive note, I've made several orders over the last few years with no issues at all. Furthermore I've been pleased with his products.

Hopefully these are just growing pains as Mark expands his product line and increases his sales.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 29 2015, 05:53 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(messix @ Apr 29 2015, 12:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 28 2015, 08:45 PM) *

sorry i offended your delicate disposition.... you're from jersey and i thought you might have had thicker skin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

"this again" was in reference to threads about our member vendors and not just this one as there are several that are not full time.

and you did find a way to get in touch with Mark. and again these are not the regular type of retailers here.

it just seems that these threads come up as bashing these guys for not responding like a commercial business would. and i would hate for them to get discouraged from continuing to provide for us because the pressure to operate like a commercial business is too much to do while having a "real job" and a family life.

so when having trouble getting in touch with them, i think it would be best to think of them as guys and not a business and put a call out in the form of a pm, personal email or phone call, or worst case a "hey mark from 914 rubber call me" in the garage.

and if all else fails you could always order from AA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

It has nothing to do with skin thickness; when somebody takes an unprovoked jab at me, I'm going to jab right back.

Bashing? Please quote the line which bashes 914 Rubber.

I will not go into specifics here, but it goes beyond simple contact. That doesn't mean I will not place any more orders nor would I tell anyone not to do the same. But it would be a better transaction and there may be more of them if communication could be improved and equalled the quality and reasonable prices of his products. He should know.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:04 AM