Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BUYER BEWARE!
914ltd
post Apr 20 2016, 05:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 581
Region Association: None

Last week leebparts posted BUYER BEWARE!!! aimed at me on my 75 2.0 for sale thread.

I thought we were WAY done with this crap but since you brought it up;

It has been said leebparts was banned from posting on Pelican parts from responses in this thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...contact-me.html

Judge for yourself

Also thanks to all the cool, quirky, dedicated and fun enthusiasts that have made 42 years of air cooled Porsche service a great and rewarding experience. One bad customer isn't even a side note in this incredible journey.
Brad Mayeur
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 20 2016, 05:52 AM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Brad - sorry but too many people know you and you reputation to even raise an eyebrow to whatever that scumbag is saying. At most it's good for a laugh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 20 2016, 06:14 AM
Post #3

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) stellar reputation. My first deal with you was something like 1993 or something. Before I knew what the internet was. My former shop manager and I still talk about how fast that lil red 2.0 rocket you built and sold him was. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Let it roll Brad. Water off a ducks back man.

Every time you post a car I just want to buy it because the price is always a bargain. But alas... so many 914's so little space.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Apr 20 2016, 06:24 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yes it's terrible when someone attacks your good reputation. And they always seem to pick the wrong guy. To suggest that Brad would do anything sketchy is laughable. Seriously.

That Pelican thread explains everything. And those Pelican guys can be very tough on someone if they want to. Posted his voicemail (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) . Wow.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 20 2016, 06:27 AM
Post #5

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

We know you Brad and you are a valued member of our community.

There is always some asshat who comes along and does stuff like that. Have no fear, we got your back.
+Quote Post
malcolm2
post Apr 20 2016, 06:32 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

How can this Lee guy be so stupid.

I think it was last year at Okteenerfest... It could have been any year, cause someone's car is ALWAYS breaking down. Anyway, we are all there to have fun. Brad must have FUN working on these old cars, cause it never fails. A car is broken and he jumps in and helps. That is what I call a good vacation.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Apr 20 2016, 06:36 AM
Post #7

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618

I've never met you, Brad, but I know your reputation and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. In fact look at the irony of how this will turn out, it's actually pretty cool. This thread is going to become a long list of compliments of you and your work, and that will only enhance your reputation. The other poster Lee B, in contrast, is going to have his ethics and poor business practices exposed to a lot more people, accomplishing exactly the opposite of what he'd intended. What an ironic and totally fair outcome.

+Quote Post
76-914
post Apr 20 2016, 07:58 AM
Post #8

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

I posted once searching for the isolation washer that sits beneath the CHT sensor. Had no idea where to get one. About 5 days later I received an envelope with one in it from a fellow I neither knew nor had had the pleasure to meet. Yea, it was from Brad. Thx again, Brad. Kent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Apr 20 2016, 08:09 AM
Post #9

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I wonder if the Admins can tidy up a bit. A zero post negative lurker should be up for having his creds removed IMHO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Apr 20 2016, 08:11 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 12,889

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 20 2016, 05:36 AM) *

I've never met you, Brad, but I know your reputation and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. In fact look at the irony of how this will turn out, it's actually pretty cool. This thread is going to become a long list of compliments of you and your work, and that will only enhance your reputation. The other poster Lee B, in contrast, is going to have his ethics and poor business practices exposed to a lot more people, accomplishing exactly the opposite of what he'd intended. What an ironic and totally fair outcome.

The above is the lesson to be learned. . . And the link to Lee's reputation on yet another site will precede him in the eternity that is the internet. Forever.
+Quote Post
post Apr 20 2016, 08:13 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245

Brad,
First of all, my reputation here is almost non existent as I tend to stay away from everyone's comments of this and that.
But three years ago, I needed a part and you came through with flying colors.
Folks as me, why do you think - this and that of this person.
I respond back, Respect is Earn for me.
You've have my respect..as for the person who started this BS tread ...they simply have too much time.
+Quote Post
sfrenck
post Apr 20 2016, 10:18 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,411

We love Brad....

+Quote Post
JoeD
post Apr 20 2016, 10:26 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 18,973
Region Association: South East States

Hey Brad! I'm relatively new here- still less than a year!- but I've bought from you, used your video to help me install my 914Rubber dash, and learned so much from your posts here that even I know you are a stand-up guy and wouldn't let this BS sway me! Thanks for all you do!
+Quote Post
boxsterfan
post Apr 20 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #14

914's are kewl

Member No.: 791

Brad, thank you for the parts I have ordered from you in the past that I have received in a timely manner.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 20 2016, 01:45 PM
Post #15

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

My Brad story:

Back in 95' I was having a poor me moment after a failed relationship. Went looking for a 944 and came home with a 73 2.0L. I didn't know squat about air cooled Porsche cars (some would argue that I still don't (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) and posted a few question on the "Tim's 914 Fan Webpage" about oil leaks and such. I'm not sure how Brad got my phone number, but he called me one evening and spent well over 45mins talking about the 914, what to look for, how to fix some of the issues I was having. He never once said he owned a repair shop.

About a year later I wasn't able to resolve a engine miss and a few other suspension issues and was told to contact 914Ltd. I spoke with the owner (not knowing it was Brad) and scheduled a time to drop my car off. I made the 3 hr drive to 914Ltd and finally figured out it was Brad that I spoke with the year before.

After a few days at his shop he called and said the engine issues was resolved, but there was previous suspension damage and that at one time there must have been a cage in my car. The car was safe to drive, but Brad recommended that I just enjoy the car as is and not dump a lot of money in suspension upgrades. WOW a honest mechanic, I have heard of them, but never met one until then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yep, he sure sounds like a guy that would try and screw you, NOT! Over the past 20+ years we have had many conversations about cars, life, and everything in between. I'm proud to say Brad is a great guy and a great friend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 20 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #16

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

Could this thread really have gone any other way?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Apr 20 2016, 02:06 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

I needed parts for my six conversion,Brad knew I was halfway round the world and went out of his way to get these to me.
I took the time to read all the negitive stuff on Pelican regarding this gentleman (?),it makes for interesting reading not in a good way.
Noticing how this guy made the childish move to do a "buyer beware" on Brad is beyond me...has he come over here to do what he can no longer do on Pelican,seems that way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) .
+Quote Post
rmital
post Apr 20 2016, 02:35 PM
Post #18

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Apr 20 2016, 12:18 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) awesome..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
sfrenck
post Apr 20 2016, 05:16 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 11,411

QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 20 2016, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Apr 20 2016, 12:18 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) awesome..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

Finally someone got it
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 20 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #20

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Brad is a prince, on the road and off. Period.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:00 AM