Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For Sale New Clear and Green Tint Sekurit WIndshields!, Porsche 914 Windshields
ProSource Glass
post Jul 20 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,828
Region Association: None

We have for the first time brand new Sekurit made windshields for the Porsche 914 due in to us within the next 2 weeks. These are manufactured by the Sekurit plant in Finland that does shorter production runs . We are able to offer in clear for $300 or green tint for $315. This is the first time we are able to offer. The quality and fit will be the best and certainly an alternative to the Chinese brand.
There is a $25 crate fee and freight charges via truck carrier range from $135 to $200 within the continental USA. We are now taking orders. These will ship after the first week in August.

The best way to reach us is Toll Free 877-345-2800 or via email : info@prosourceglassintl.com
We accept all major credit cards & PayPal. We can send a Paypal request . Thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 20 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ProSource Glass @ Jul 20 2016, 02:14 PM) *

We have for the first time brand new Sekurit made windshields for the Porsche 914 due in to us within the next 2 weeks. These are manufactured by the Sekurit plant in Finland that does shorter production runs . We are able to offer in clear for $300 or green tint for $315. This is the first time we are able to offer. The quality and fit will be the best and certainly an alternative to the Chinese brand.
There is a $25 crate fee and freight charges via truck carrier range from $135 to $200 within the continental USA. We are now taking orders. These will ship after the first week in August.

The best way to reach us is Toll Free 877-345-2800 or via email : info@prosourceglassintl.com
We accept all major credit cards & PayPal. We can send a Paypal request . Thank you.

Will they come with the proper Porsche 914 part numbers on the glass?

PS - You might want to do an intro post of your group in the Garage Forum - so you can get past the "I'm New Here ...." label (classified posts don't count toward post count), as well as getting yourselves in the Member Vendor Forum on your own topic, & the banner ads only cost a donation to a charity (contact SirAndy on that).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Garland
post Jul 20 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #3

Restoration Fanatic

Member No.: 1,535
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Garland @ May 2 2016, 09:30 PM) *

A little history, a 2004 post:

QUOTE(Garland @ Nov 13 2004, 10:05 PM) *

I bough a new windshield on E-bay a few month's ago. This Guy was great to deal with. Shipping was crated very well and he knows the glass bisseness. The price was good he talked about knowing the 914 drivers wont want to pay the price he gets from the 911 owners. The glass looks great. I have not put in yet, still working on the body.
This was the auctions description:

Just received a shipment of Porsche 914 2 Dr Coupe green tint (no shade band on top) windshields that fit from 1970-76. Glass was manufactured in 2004 by Safevue, one of the leading manufacturers of foreign car windshields for more than 25 years. They are top quality and priced well below what glass shops charge. It costs the same to ship 1 or a few if there is a need for more than 1 in your area. 

All glass is  expertly packaged to arrive safely in a timely manner. Local pick up or delivery available in the Boston area.

ProSource Glass International

Andover, MA 01810

Tel:877-345-2800 Toll Free US & Canada

Tel:978-975-5400; Fax:978-975-5300

I'm in Michigan,

I opened that crate when I got it, in 2004 in looked great.
I opened it for the second time last weekend, to use on my (long term) renovation. Still great.

Also I had an exchanged email with ProSource, they still offer 914 glass.

If you have a Safevue brand that truly is a long time ago as they did not
reproduce these after the early to mid 1990's at least.

ProSource Glass international
Toll Free 877-345-2800 US & Canada
978-975-5400
www.prosourceglassintl.com

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 20 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Can the windshields be picked up from your location in mass? Thanks, Mark
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ProSource Glass
post Jul 20 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 20 2016, 01:26 PM) *

Will they come with the proper Porsche 914 part numbers on the glass?

PS - You might want to do an intro post of your group in the Garage Forum - so you can get past the "I'm New Here ...." label (classified posts don't count toward post count), as well as getting yourselves in the Member Vendor Forum on your own topic, & the banner ads only cost a donation to a charity (contact SirAndy on that).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom. i will take some time to go beyond this thread and hopefully make a donation. We have a lot of other glass coming in from overseas so right now time is short.

I doubt the 914 part#s will be stamped on he glass as I doubt they ever did that. Usually there are codes from the plant and it should have the Sekurit name stamped. There will be a sticker from the factory that may have the Porsche# or the Sekurit numbering system. I will know exactly and take pictures when they come in..

+Quote Post
ProSource Glass
post Jul 20 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 20 2016, 03:54 PM) *

Yes absolutely. Just let us know. Richard
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 20 2016, 08:15 PM
Post #7

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(ProSource Glass @ Jul 20 2016, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 20 2016, 03:54 PM) *

Yes absolutely. Just let us know. Richard

Thanks. I will call ahead.
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jul 20 2016, 09:17 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,023

The question is; Will it have the bubble top portion? As you can see on the orange car, the top portion of the original windshield is rounded where the after market one on the red faded paint car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) has a flat top portion. The lack of "bubble" prevents the top aluminum trim to closely fit on the glass.

I'm looking for one that would have the original shape.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 20 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #9

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

HHHMMMM.... I need a windshield for my Six. I want the green tinted one.

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 20 2016, 09:24 PM
Post #10

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 20 2016, 11:19 PM) *

HHHMMMM.... I need a windshield for my Six. I want the green tinted one.

Michael - I can bring one back for you. I'll check in with you before I head up. Mark
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Jul 21 2016, 07:11 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Is this going to be a limited production run? I have 2 cars that I will eventually need windshields for but that won't be at least a year from now.

Greg
+Quote Post
wes
post Jul 21 2016, 10:08 AM
Post #12

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

Well they be a available in San Francisco?
+Quote Post
ProSource Glass
post Jul 21 2016, 11:52 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(wes @ Jul 21 2016, 08:08 AM) *

Well they be a available in San Francisco?

Sorry last response on the Forum. We ask that you call us toll free or email us direct as it is impossible to keep this straight as we sell so many types of glass aat one time to manage the threads gets long..
The Sekurit will only be offered from us. Unfortunately, the distributors are only interested in the Chinese glass stocking nationwide.
+Quote Post
ProSource Glass
post Jul 21 2016, 11:53 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jul 21 2016, 05:11 AM) *

Is this going to be a limited production run? I have 2 cars that I will eventually need windshields for but that won't be at least a year from now.

Greg

They should be available for quite some time.. I think as long as they have the tooling we can get them made again but may take a little while if we run out. We have over 40 pieces coming in. Richard
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 21 2016, 12:02 PM
Post #15

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 20 2016, 08:17 PM) *

The question is; Will it have the bubble top portion? As you can see on the orange car, the top portion of the original windshield is rounded where the after market one on the red faded paint car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) has a flat top portion. The lack of "bubble" prevents the top aluminum trim to closely fit on the glass.

Attached Image

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I think you really do need to answer this very valid question above, before you "sign off" of this topic & ask folks to call.

It's a serious & legit fitment quest, which frankly has in the past kept folks away from your aftermarket Chinese windshields in the past.

JMHO! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
ProSource Glass
post Jul 21 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 21 2016, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 20 2016, 08:17 PM) *

Attached Image

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I think you really do need to answer this very valid question above, before you "sign off" of this topic & ask folks to call.

It's a serious & legit fitment quest, which frankly has in the past kept folks away from your aftermarket Chinese windshields in the past.

JMHO! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Just so everyone knows until I see the windshields I will not be able to give an assessment. Given that i never knew of any bubble in these originally until now I am surprised no one has brought that up. My gut reaction is that should be a minor issue or there would larger fit problems and folks returning them... This was quite popular on certain Chrysler cars in the late 50's/ early 60's. They did away with the bubble because of the breakage issues remanufacturing from what we were told. I am guessing these will have no bubble or a slight bubble based on experience . i will with hold judgement til we see i 2 weeks. i know the quality of the glass, distortion and thickness and edges will be far superior to the Chinese brands. Stay tuned.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 21 2016, 03:58 PM
Post #17

914-6 GT in waiting

Have folks stayed away? I must have missed that. All the feedback on the windshields I have seen has been very positive.
+Quote Post
ProSource Glass
post Jul 22 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 21 2016, 01:58 PM) *

Have folks stayed away? I must have missed that. All the feedback on the windshields I have seen has been very positive.

It's been very positive for us over the years and i am sure this will be even be a better experience.
+Quote Post
ProSource Glass
post Aug 14 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #19

The windshields are officially due here Tuesday so it will be a day or 2 after that before we unpack, check them and can post actual pictures. Stay tuned!
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 14 2016, 03:37 PM
Post #20

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:18 AM