Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hesitation/miss at steady throttle
nsargeant
post Jun 3 2018, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,381
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 1974 914 2.0 that I purchased last summer. When I bought it the connector to the TPS was unhooked. It seemed to run a bit rich and load up a little right after starting but outside of that,seemed to run ok without any hesitations. After i fixed a couple wires and hooked it up it ran better. Better throttle response, better starts, and even seems a little quicker. It seems after it warms up though i will get a miss occasionally while at a steady throttle. As soon as i accelerate when it is missing it comes out of it. It will probably miss/hesitate a few times in a 10 mile drive. Seems to happen in between 3-4000 rpm. Is this a common problem with a TPS going out? am I even looking in the right direction? It doesn't seem to do it when the plug is unhooked from the tps.

Thanks,

Nathan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Jun 3 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #2

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

This is a pretty well known problem with the TPS. It could be ignition or fuel-delivery related, but if you're not seeing it with the TPS disconnected, then that's probably your issue (also because the PO likely disconnected for that reason),

Here's a long thread on the subject: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=95583

914Rubber sells the replacement "kit" for the TPS board. It's a pretty straightforward fix with basic tools. Swap the board, calibrate it, and hopefully you don't have the issue again.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jun 4 2018, 05:31 AM
Post #3

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

I have the biards if you need them.

Even the early 1.7 for those that need them

https://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...sc?keywords=Tps

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 05:37 PM