Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom 914 front turn signals, New product for sale.
74forsche
post Jul 27 2022, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,848
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

These front turn signal replacements are 3d printed poly carbonate carbon fiber housings with 3 leds. The bottom led is the running light. Top two are the turn signal. The housing slides into the stock inner. You remove the stock plug in for the in candescent bulb and plug the leds into the stock harness. Our housing seals against the stock seal. You can use them with or without the stock lens. They are available in the euro layout...bottom led white and upper 2 leds amber.....or US all three amber. Or website https://w3dparts.com is set up to order.
We are developing an entire matchibg tailight housing replacement as well.
Let me know if you have questions!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 27 2022, 10:39 AM
Post #2

QUOTE(74forsche @ Jul 27 2022, 11:02 AM) *

These front turn signal replacements are 3d printed poly carbonate carbon fiber housings with 3 leds. The bottom led is the running light. Top two are the turn signal. The housing slides into the stock inner. You remove the stock plug in for the in candescent bulb and plug the leds into the stock harness. Our housing seals against the stock seal. You can use them with or without the stock lens. They are available in the euro layout...bottom led white and upper 2 leds amber.....or US all three amber. Or website https://w3dparts.com is set up to order.
We are developing an entire matching tailight housing replacement as well.
Let me know if you have questions!

Hyperlink added for our website.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Jul 27 2022, 11:53 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

However nice your product is your sales pictures are lacking. Please take pictures on a nice car. A side shot profile is also important.
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 27 2022, 12:53 PM
Post #4

Well I dont have a nice 914 to show these on. Here are a couple of side shots assembled. These are much brighter than stock and easy to install. We are a small startup. My son and I are developing an entire light package for the 14's. All custom and leds.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 27 2022, 12:55 PM
Post #5

Here are a couple pics to show the install. Remove the bulb receptle and push the wires through and connect to stock wires.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 28 2022, 12:48 AM
Post #6

The price for a pair is 290$ plus shipping unless you live in Washington state then sales taxes apply. Payment method is through our website store. https://w3dparts.com
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 29 2022, 10:52 PM
Post #7

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Reminds me of Felix's neo914 approach. I think he is still around and can be contacted through the site.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...7568&st=180
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 30 2022, 09:24 AM
Post #8

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

A couple thoughts. Our group typically very much appreciates and encourages innovation, creativity and the efforts to make 914 improvements and alternative available. You've hit on those so don't be discouraged.

Some may see these as unconventional and it may take awhile for folks to consider and determine if they like them or not.

Others may see these as an alternative solution to a non-problem.

$290 a pair feels a bit steep for a plastic piece with LEDs but not outrageous given what they are or what they do. Be sure they are high quality for that price point or how to reduce the price.

Many folks here have very nice quality 914s...if you put out a request, someone may be willing to mount your pieces and take quality photos. Your photos posted so far are typical for what we often see here for prototype mockups...nothing to be concerned about. To make the most of marketing them get excellent quality photos.

Constructive feed back, my opinions only:

Do we understand that your polymer housing inserts into the factory housing? Why not just make it to replace the factory housing?

Does your housing need a reflective coating to bounce light out?

The thickness of the flange to the car can be seen between the lens and car body, and the complete assembly looks inelegant. Can you reduce that so that the flange disappears visually?

I am not familiar enough with LED tech - what if any additional electronics are needed...any black boxes needed that need to be zip tied somewhere? Are the factory rubber covers still used? What are the electrical connections to the chassis harness like, any mods to the harness needed?
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Jul 30 2022, 10:28 AM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 30 2022, 11:24 AM) *

A couple thoughts. This group typically very much appreciates and encourages innovation, creativity and the efforts to make 914 improvements and alternative available. You've hit on those so don't be discouraged.

Some may see these as unconventional and it may take awhile for folks to consider and determine if they like them or not.

$290 a pair feels a bit steep for a plastic piece with LEDs but not outrageous given what they are or what they do. Be sure they are high quality for that price point or how to reduce the price.

Many folks here have very nice quality 914s...if you put out a request, someone may be willing to mount your pieces and take quality photos. Your photos posted so far are typical for what we often see here for prototype mockups...nothing to be concerned about. To make the most of marketing them get excellent quality photos.

Do we understand that your polymer housing inserts into the factory housing? Why not just make it to replace the factory housing?

The thickness of the flange to the car can be seen between the lens and car body, and the complete assembly looks inelegant. Can you reduce that so that the flange disappears visually?

I am not familiar enough with LED tech - what if any additional electronics are needed...any black boxes needed that need to be zip tied somewhere? Are the factory rubber covers still used? What are the electrical connections to the chassis harness like, any mods to the harness needed?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Well stated. At that price point, I'd very much like to see an option to replace the existing buckets completely with a pre-wired dual circuit setup to accommodate the Euro lens properly with turn signal on top and running lamp on the bottom. Would be worth the $$ to avoid the Euro dual bulb fabrication work. Could it also be that the plastic LED / housing assembly would weight less than the OEM die cast buckets?

Very much like the idea that OP is out there trying to come up with better solutions for us.
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 30 2022, 06:30 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 30 2022, 10:24 AM) *

A couple thoughts. Our group typically very much appreciates and encourages innovation, creativity and the efforts to make 914 improvements and alternative available. You've hit on those so don't be discouraged.

Thanks for the response. The factory lens does ride slightly higher. With our part under it. Our design can be used with or without a lens. It incorporates the factory bucket to easily mount it. It does plug and play to the factory wires after removing the incandescent bulb receptacle. The boot on the stock harness can be left in place. I would love for someone to bring their car to me to test it and review. I live in Washington state.
+Quote Post
Van B
post Jul 30 2022, 06:39 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 26,011

I’ll tell you what I really hope you take a shot at: flush fit side markers that use the OE location.

Regarding your turn signal prototype, fitting the lens with the gasket on the wrong side is gonna make for foggy lenses. I think you’ve got some good feedback on revisions that will make this part look fully developed.
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jul 30 2022, 07:07 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

I think surface finish is also something you will want to look into. At this price point people will expect nice finishes, not the typical layered 3D printed parts.

Per rules, we aren't supposed to comment on add, but this could have been posted in the garage like new developments other members vendors do, not necessarily as an add per say.

Good luck with your venture! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 30 2022, 07:28 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 30 2022, 11:28 AM) *

A couple thoughts. This group typically very much appreciates and encourages innovation, creativity and the efforts to make 914 improvements and alternative available. You've hit on those so don't be discouraged.

Well stated. At that price point, I'd very much like to see an option to replace the existing buckets completely with a pre-wired dual circuit setup to accommodate the Euro lens properly with turn signal on top and running lamp on the bottom. Would be worth the $$ to avoid the Euro dual bulb fabrication work. Could it also be that the plastic LED / housing assembly would weight less than the OEM die cast buckets?

Very much like the idea that OP is out there trying to come up with better solutions for us.

It is already wired to have a running light in the bottom and the top 2 blinkers. I also have clears for the bottom to use with a euro lens.
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 30 2022, 08:18 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 30 2022, 11:28 AM) *

It is already wired to have a running light in the bottom and the top 2 blinkers. I also have clears for the bottom to use with a euro lens. I put male blade connectors on the part they plug directly into the factory harness. The factory bucket weighs so little and works well with my part, it retains the factory seal. Our assembly completely seats over the factory seal. It raise the factory lens very little
I can look into hiding the lip under the lens.
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 30 2022, 09:01 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 30 2022, 08:07 PM) *

I think surface finish is also something you will want to look into. At this price point people will expect nice finishes, not the typical layered 3D printed parts.

Per rules, we aren't supposed to comment on add, but this could have been posted in the garage like new developments other members vendors do, not necessarily as an add per say.

Good luck with your venture! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As far as painting goes I would not tackle that. That is professional painter territory!
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Jul 30 2022, 09:03 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Van B @ Jul 30 2022, 07:39 PM) *

I’ll tell you what I really hope you take a shot at: flush fit side markers that use the OE location.

Regarding your turn signal prototype, fitting the lens with the gasket on the wrong side is gonna make for foggy lenses. I think you’ve got some good feedback on revisions that will make this part look fully developed.

We have talked about side markers. I will work on it. An o ring gasket can be fitted between the lens and our housing.
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Aug 2 2022, 04:48 AM
Post #17

We are revising our price to 230$ if you are are someone who wants to use a factory lens over our part we are working on a revision to completely hide our housing under the lens.
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Aug 2 2022, 05:44 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(74forsche @ Aug 2 2022, 04:48 AM) *

We are revising our price to 230$ if you are are someone who wants to use a factory lens over our part we are working on a revision to completely hide our housing under the lens.

Can you post two pics from about 10ft away from the front and side of your product on the vehicle? In other words, I personally like the design and would consider buying a set, but I'd like to see what they look like w/o a lens from a distance. Thanks....and nice job!

As previously posted by someone else, I think if you completely eliminated the stock bucket, you might even have more interest. Seems like it would be a good place to reduce weight.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Aug 2 2022, 10:32 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Aug 2 2022, 06:44 AM) *

Can you post two pics from about 10ft away from the front and side of your product on the vehicle? In other words, I personally like the design and would consider buying a set, but I'd like to see what they look like w/o a lens from a distance. Thanks....and nice job!

As previously posted by someone else, I think if you completely eliminated the stock bucket, you might even have more interest. Seems like it would be a good place to reduce weight.

It is easy to delete the stock bucket with with our part an upper and lower backer is all it would take. I can incorporate that but it will make install a little more difficult. I will post your requested pics soon!
+Quote Post
74forsche
post Aug 2 2022, 10:49 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Aug 2 2022, 06:44 AM) *

It is easy to delete the stock bucket with with our part an upper and lower backer is all it would take. I can incorporate that but it will make install a little more difficult. I will post your requested pics soon!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:34 AM