Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Headlight issue
JeffBowlsby
post Oct 1 2026, 02:54 PM
Post #1


914 Wiring Harnesses & Beekeeper
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 9,364
Joined: 7-January 03
From: San Ramon CA
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None



Can someone please respond to this thread and help Greg out?

from Greg Oselinsky ozdogz at gmail dot com

"I think the continuity issue I was asking about at the motor is normal. My problem is I believe some type of power backfeed issue but Im not sure. I have rewired new relay sockets into the car and used your color wiring diagram to get it all correct, thank you. I have also wired the headlight switch correctly from the diagram and my left headlight works perfectly, finally.

The problem is connecting the right headlight. With the battery connected, a working relay in the socket, and the headlamp switch off, when I connect the wires from the left headlight to the right, the lights turn on and both start cycling continuously.

I have 12v power at the red wire and the green/black wire at the left headlight with the switch off which I think is correct and the headlight works as it should. When I check the right headlight wires, same thing, 12v power coming across the wires from the left headlight on the red and green/black wires. I separated all the wires in the harness across the frunk and don't see any bare wires or anything strange. I have tried several different relays including a brand new one with the same result.

What am I missing? For some reason when I connect that right headlight power is going through the whole thing and making the headlights turn on and motors run even with the switch in the off position."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 12:46 AM
...