Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Putting sheet metal back on, installation opposite of removal?
swood
post Dec 2 2003, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 251
Region Association: None

Too bad I can't remember the removal part...

I'm having a bit of difficulty putting the cooling sheet metal back on and I'm wondering if someone can give me some tips as to order of operation. I know it should seem straight forward, but...maybe it's just me.

I've put the fan shroud on first, and mocked up the alternater and I can't seem to get the tin between it and the cylinder (#60 in diagram). Does #60 get screwed into #56? I kind of have it wedged in, but #56 is not being a willing participant.

BTW, I feel stupid asking for help on this.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Dec 2 2003, 04:27 PM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I can't remember exactly, but I think # 60 is the piece that the thermostat cable goes thru. slide it into place first, and run the cable thru the hole and attach it. It helped me to lay all the pieces on the ground and "mock up" how they fit first.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Dec 2 2003, 04:29 PM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

The part between the cylinder and the fan shroud goes in before the over-cylinder tin. Ditto the part on the passenger's side of the engine (#63). I recall that there was some wiggling of the parts and cursing them (German language optional--heck, language at all optional!) required for those two small parts to slide into place.

--DD
+Quote Post
swood
post Dec 2 2003, 04:40 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 251
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 2 2003, 02:29 PM)
I recall that there was some wiggling of the parts and cursing them (German language optional--heck, language at all optional!) required for those two small parts to slide into place.

--DD

Appears I'm on the right track... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/givemebeer.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:33 AM