Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about seat inserts or centers.
Slick914
post Jul 25 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,802

I don't have 914 seats in my car and I'm getting ready to purchase a pair. Are the center padded sections of the seat removable? I'm talking about the center section you sit on and the center section behind your back. To be more specific, could I remove these sections myself to have them recovered or would the whole seat need to be worked on?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 26 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

the center portion of the seat comes off rather easily. there are a couple of screws on the back of the headrest that need to be removed. the bottom of the section (on the front face of the seat) is secured with some pointed tabs along the bottom edge, that pierce the vinyl. the tabs are bent over. if you feel along the bottom edge, you should find them. straighten the tabs, release the material, and you can GENTLY slide the the headrest off the top of the seat bucket.

k
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:18 PM